pixeltracker

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want- Page 6

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#125The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:25pm

Since it was  Wildhorn & knowing Broadways disdain for him, we are lucky we got what we did

Poster Emeritus

binau Profile Photo
binau
#126The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:59pm

Bernadette Peters in A Little Night Music

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#127The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 6:39am

Carrie 

or 

Dance of the Vampires 

dev101
#128The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 11:35am

Les Mis revival with Ramin Karimloo! his voice is perfect

Updated On: 8/15/15 at 11:35 AM

DigificWriter
#129The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 11:54am

While we're on the subject of Les Mis, I'd love a complete recording of the score for the film adaptation, since the 'deluxe' version we got, while featuring more singing and songs than the 'highlights' edition that was originally released, is still missing a bunch of stuff that would be great to have available for home-listening.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#130The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 7:51pm

I would say "Cry-Baby", but it was recorded and it's being released this fall! Other than that, "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever" would be swell to have. Also, I doubt they'll record one for the new production of "Spring Awakening", but I saw it in LA and there are some tiny changes to orchestration, and the cast sounds lovely, so I'd love that one.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#131The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 7:52pm

^ Cry-Baby is being released??? With Elizabeth and James?? YES! 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#132The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 7:55pm

It sure is! I'm suprised the word hasn't spread. It's one of the most talked about non-cast recordings ever.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#133The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 7:58pm

^ That is fantastic, thank you for letting us know. I've wanted this so badly for so long...

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

AEA AGMA SM
#134The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 9:11pm

I wish that the original cast recording of Side Show had not been so heavily truncated. It would have been wonderful to have had a full two-disc set with Alice and Emily.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#135The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 10:27pm

In addition to Sideshow getting the butcher shop treatment. I would loved to have had a full recording of Inner City.

Poster Emeritus

pippin423
#136The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/15/15 at 10:44pm

Rachel Lilly Rosenbloom.........and don't you forget it.

broadwaysweetheart
#137The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/16/15 at 12:59am

Agree completely! Don't understand that casting choice.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#138The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/16/15 at 1:18am

"Bernadette Peters in A Little Night Music"

Oh my god, yes. I like the recording with Catherine Zeta-Jones, but I think I would have loved Bernadette on the recording (and it would fit so well with her being on the recordings of other Sondheim: Sunday in the Park with George, Into the Woods, Anyone Can Whistle, Gypsy, Follies). Between Angela Lansbury and Elaine Stritch, that's a tough one (I didn't see either one but I love the idea of both of them as the Madame).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#139The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/16/15 at 9:56am

Rachel deserves a recording.

Poster Emeritus

shanphelia Profile Photo
shanphelia
#140The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/16/15 at 8:27pm

Lestat

Current Les Mis revival with its opening cast

Carousel at Lyric Opera Chicago

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#141The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/17/15 at 8:42am

Gantry as preformed at La Jolla.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#142The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/17/15 at 8:58am

Was there a recording of the 1994 revival of carousel? If there is I can't find it and I want it now.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#144The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/17/15 at 2:00pm

I wish that all of the Hedwigs from the current Broadway revival could have had some sort of EP, especially Taye because his voice just brings something so new and fresh to those songs. And of course the other two JCM recordings are good but I really prefer the current orchestrations.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#145The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/17/15 at 2:00pm

I wish that all of the Hedwigs from the current Broadway revival could have had some sort of EP, especially Taye because his voice just brings something so new and fresh to those songs. And of course the other two JCM recordings are good but I really prefer the current orchestrations.

Purpleviolin91
#146The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/18/15 at 7:20pm

the most recent Les Miserables revival with Ramin and Will Swenson!