pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!

Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
joshsmith2
#3Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:33am

I have tears in my eyes. Its so good that they have so much faith in the material.  These are all big names in their own right. And for them to be touring with the show  says a lot about the crew.  It says how much love and passion they must have for the musical .  And for that I am beyond happy.

Pootie2
#4Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:34am

I thought Rapp might but am very surprised (and pleased) LaChanze and Snyder will join.

I was also surprised to spot this pop up on social media, but it's not an official announcement: https://m.facebook.com/curtisandcort?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcurtisandcort#!/curtisandcort/photos/a.825477227527370.1073741832.663268187081609/920311204710638/?type=1

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#5Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:37am

Wow.  I'm feeling quite jealous of those "seven select cities".  I hope they all stay with the tour when it heads east!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#6Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:41am

I loved this show on Broadway. Saw it a number of times. I wish it was coming closer to NY...

Pootie2
Pootie2
#8Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:44am

^No idea what happened there. This forum screws up for me sometimes.

I hope Colella can join as well. But I do wonder if this announcement will put all the more pressure on subsequent tour casting.

neonlightsxo
#9Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:19am

I mean it's nice that these guys are doing the first few stops, but who is doing the tour afterwards? Still no answers on that...

Pootie2
#10Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:24am

"I mean it's nice that these guys are doing the first few stops, but who is doing the tour afterwards? Still no answers on that... "

There's the "unofficial" announcement on Curtis & Cort's Facebook (what, I can't edit posts anymore??), though who knows if English Bernhardt will tour the whole thing.

https://www.facebook.com/curtisandcort/photos/a.825477227527370.1073741832.663268187081609/920311204710638/

neonlightsxo
dev101
#12Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:30am

I saw If/Then and loved Idina. I don't see how someone could replace her, as the part was written for her. She has such a unique voice, and I feel like anyone replacing her will be doing their best Idina Menzel impersonation. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#13Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:51am

I didn't love the show, but I'm happy they're all going out with it. LaChanze was quite good. The others? Eh. But I'm glad it will help get them some exposure. And get new works out there!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#14Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:59am

Wow this was quite the news to wake up to. I think the big surprise is that all three of them are joining the tour. It's going to be interesting to see how they possibly cast the remaining dates.

Someone replied to a Facebook post about this with a comment about Broadway Con, which is Anthony Rapp's thing - it is January 22-24. He and LaChanze are both confirmed guests and the last tour site they are booked for is Costa Mesa Jan 19-24. That seems odd to me.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

IvyLynn
#15Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:05am

This is INCREDIBLE. 

I know people had mixed things to say about the show, and no, it was not a perfect piece, but I absolutely adored it (and continue to). The fact that the cast of this magnitude is choosing to tour with it just demonstrates how truly special a show this material really is. Idina Menzel alone was jaw dropping enough. Rapp, LaChanze, Snyder? This news has me weepy. I will certainly be seeing it in Los Angeles.

Good luck to the replacement touring cast following this up, though. My money is still on Jackie Burns playing Elizabeth. 

Liza's Headband
#16Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:36am

He and LaChanze are both confirmed guests and the last tour site they are booked for is Costa Mesa Jan 19-24. That seems odd to me.

When it comes to events like Broadway Con, nothing is ever truly "confirmed." They'll choose the tour over a one-weekend event. We don't know what the stipulations of their deal were. Producers could have said it's this or nothing at all. Who knows? Either way, I'd caution you to not put too much stock in announced lineups related to Broadway Con. People cancel or get sick or book other jobs all the time. Their world will not revolve around a one or two day event. Sorry. 

FindingNamo
#17Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:43am

They are pro-choice, so wouldn't that be hypocritical?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#18Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:44am

As I will be seeing the show in Toronto, I am extremely curious about what is going on with casting after these stops. No rumours yet?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#19Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:46am

When it comes to events like Broadway Con, nothing is ever truly "confirmed." They'll choose the tour over a one-weekend event. We don't know what the stipulations of their deal were. Producers could have said it's this or nothing at all. Who knows? Either way, I'd caution you to not put too much stock in announced lineups related to Broadway Con. People cancel or get sick or book other jobs all the time. Their world will not revolve around a one or two day event. Sorry. 

But Rapp is more than a "confirmed guest," he's one of the co-creators of the event. He's basically become the face of BroadwayCon on its website/social media, so it does seem odd that he would accept a gig that prevents him from attending.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#20Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:53am

Maybe Anthony and LaChanze will start the first half of the Costa Mesa run, but leave earlier for BroadwayCon, and their replacements will start earlier or understudies will go on? Idk just a thought

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#21Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 11:03am

"Either way, I'd caution you to not put too much stock in announced lineups related to Broadway Con. People cancel or get sick or book other jobs all the time. Their world will not revolve around a one or two day event. Sorry. "

I'm a grown up and fully aware of this - I actually don't care at all who shows up for Broadway Con. But Anthony Rapp is a creator of the event so it would be kind of irresponsible for him not to be in attendance. Perhaps he won't be at the last stop but it was too much info to put in a press release. It's just an interesting conflict.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

neonlightsxo
#22Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 11:37am

Anthony just posted on Twitter that he will be at BroadwayCon.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#23Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:07pm

Yeah, there's no way Anthony Rapp wouldn't show at Broadwaycon (short of illness/death in the family type things). He co-founded the event - he's not going to abandon it for another gig. I'm guessing he (and LaChanze) will leave the tour early.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Pootie2
#24Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:11pm

It makes sense that Rapp as cofounder wouldn't miss BroadwayCon, but LaChanze hasn't confirmed on social media as of yet. I imagine the tour contract would pay more? Would an appearance at BroadwayCon help her career?

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#25Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!
Posted: 8/14/15 at 2:46pm

OMG! I'm crying! Living here in LA, and getting to see BIG broadway leads is a miracle <3 I'm so excited, I know I will cry my ass off just getting to see all of them live in a show.