pixeltracker

Scream Queens (No Spoilers)- Page 2

Scream Queens (No Spoilers)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:43am

You know Ryan Murphy puts on skimpy little dresses and prances around his house saying mean sh*t to himself in the mirror, pretending he's that despicable Emma Roberts character. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#26Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:45am

I bet he calls his housekeeper White Mammy. 

Jordan Catalano
#27Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:49am

I'm sure he does.

and can we just talk about what a damn shame it is to have Jamie Lee Curtis, a true horror icon, involved in this? Now, she's the best part of it so far, rising above the bullsh*t that Lea's sugar daddy wrote for her to say, but she deserves so much better than this. 

Jordan Catalano
#28Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:59am

I thought I'd seen bad writing on television before, but that Ariana Grande death scene took sh*t writing to a whole new level of bullsh*t.

Jordan Catalano
#29Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 1:13am

DAMNIT. Lea just made me laugh out loud. 

I need to shower now. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#30Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 1:30am

Awwwwwful.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#31Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 1:49am

Why bother hate-watching something?

edit: actually, never mind. that was judgmental and you can do whatever you want with your time. 

Updated On: 9/24/15 at 01:49 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 2:28am

I actually didn't hate it, but it was kind of like Glee. You have a white girl in a power position, and then a white girl is heading the group of "non-conformists." The only truly degrading thing was Keke Palmer's role. I mean, does every black girl have to speak like that? And then you have the deaf girl and the girl with braces. It all just felt like a retread of Glee Season 1. Glee started out making fun of its misfits, then people complained, and suddenly, in season 2, the kid in the wheelchair had a whole episode about how great he was. 

Also, The New Normal was awful. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#33Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 5:54am

Interesting plot twist with Jonas' character. I really want to see how it all unfolds. I really liked Lea Michele's character - so funny.

**SPOILER ALERT**

I read Ariana Grande's character is not really dead and will return in episode 6.

Updated On: 9/24/15 at 05:54 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#34Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 7:13am

It tanked in the ratings. And with the massive publicity push that's gotta sting even more.

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#35Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:17am

As I said in my post yesterday, it's time for Murphy to realize that the world has moved on from this kind of hatefulness, whether or not it's delivered with a wink.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#36Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:23am

Pretty crappy to post a spoiler when "No Spoilers" is in the title of the thread. At least CarlosAlberto alerted to his.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#37Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:25am

But, Namo, what's the point of having a black character, a queer character, a disabled character if you don't make jokes at their expense?! Ironically, of course.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#38Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:38am

And Murphy's misogyny is double strength and twice as funny when it's aimed at lesbians because he's a queen from a sweater bar in 1948.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#39Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:51am

It's supposed to be fun!  It doesn't think it's high art!  It can't meet all your expectations!  Racism is hilarious!

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#40Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:54am

I agree with Namo and Kad, AND the show wasn't remotely funny. I spent two hours wondering which one was Ariana Grande.

I was only amused by Nick Jonas playing a predatory gay stereotype and getting his "Baywatch" work-out montage. Didn't the Jonas brothers used to be Christian or something? Are any of them married to Ariana Grande?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#41Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 10:41am

Ok the racism things are so over the top on here, the girls character hates everybody who does not look like her (hence all the girls looking like her clones) She's not racist as such, she's just a judgmental little cow who hates everyone who is different from skin colour to sexuality, to not conventionally pretty to people she perceives below her.

i think the Ryan Murphy hate is plain odd, you don't like his stuff then don't watch, simple. Lots of writers I don't like and I won't watch, why people get so worked up by him is beyond me. The show is a camp spoof of the mean girl movies of the 80s and 90s, it's fully aware of it's self and who these characters are. Calm down. The show throws shade at everyone, hell even the principal does. 

The show also didn't tank in the ratings, it under performed but at the same time it's on FOX and they ain't exactly a ratings hit network anymore and haven't been the past 2 seasons. Now Minority Report tanked in the ratings.  

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#42Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 10:53am

More than anything, I'm stunned people find this Jonas person hot.  He looks like he can burrow into the ground using his face.  

Ooooh girl this show is bad.  Did Abigail Breslin suffer some sort of head trauma recently?  It's like she learned her line phonetically.  I liked Keke Palmer cause she's likable.  I liked Lea Michele cause she looked insane and that made me happy.  Poor Niecy.  Somehow I found the asthma the most offensive thing Murphy made her put up with.

Thank God I was on muscle relaxers. 

Jordan Catalano
#43Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 10:55am

No, Robbie. As S&DMan said above you, you just don't get it. 

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#44Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:01am

I would suggest verrrrrrrrrrrrry gently to S&DMan and any other of our friends from other countries that the racial politics involved in American entertainment are deep and more complicated than some may be familiar with.  I mean...'White Mammy' is bad.  

There was the tiniest glimmer of what a better writer could have created when the Chanels were discussing who their idols were (Cindy McCain and Megyn Kelly).  But it was so tiny and so tossed away that it added nothing to the proceedings.  It was like, 'If I give them one brief line acknowledging their hateful White republican-ness, I can get away with ANYTHING.'  

Girl, just no. 

FindingNamo
#45Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:05am

I tuned in for Jamie Lee, but apparently even she isn't a powerful enough, despite Murphy saying the idea for the show would not have gone forward had she not signed on, to say those sensible three words to Murphy that RobbieJ just posted, "Girl, just no."

Jordan Catalano
#46Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:07am

But that's how Murphy writes. He gives a character one line of dialogue at the beginning and then spends 5 years doing whatever he wants because they said that one line first so it's not like you weren't warned!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#47Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:36am

Out of curiousity: how often do "deliberately bad" shows/films ACTUALLY work?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:36am

How long before the "misfits" stand up for themselves against the evil white bitch? And then the fat one and the gay one can sing "Beautiful." Oh wait, that was Glee.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#49Scream Queens (No Spoilers)
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:36pm

First of all Jordan I never said people don't get it, the only thing I don't get is everybody's hatred of RM. 

And as for us foreigners who don't understand the racial issues of past and present in the US, of course we do, we don't live on the moon, American history and culture is embedded in to our society as are many others. This however ( and I will stand by it) is a huge overreaction (and just on here) and seems to be clouded by the hate of the creator. Shows like Sons of Anarchy, True Blood etc hell even every one of the tired ass cop shows that cast people of colour as criminals all the time get away with far worse....and they ain't joking like Scream Queens is. 24 was one of the most racist shows on the planet and the US still seems to have trouble casting a person of colour in a lead. So let's not get carried away with the racism card towards this show because it's utter bulls**t (I was more thrown that they thought that character would have watched Gone With The Wind). 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna