TDF Update 10/30

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25TDF Update - 10/2
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:23pm

The same shows give them tix...what'cha gonna do?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#26TDF Update - 10/2
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:27pm

I just took a look and Dames at Sea and Allegiance are on there...my bad.. 

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

jbm2
#27TDF Update -
Posted: 10/6/15 at 11:46pm

Has "On Your Feet" been on TDF?

neonlightsxo
#28TDF Update -
Posted: 10/7/15 at 9:42am

No.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#29TDF Update -
Posted: 10/8/15 at 6:17pm

FINDING NEVERLAND is up for the entire last week of October. I believe this is the 1st time it's been up. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#30TDF Update -
Posted: 10/8/15 at 6:22pm

I held off on Sylvia and now it hasn't been on TDF for awhile. Hope it gets added again soon.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#31TDF Update -
Posted: 10/8/15 at 6:42pm

Asked the same on another thread--- first time I've seen "Finding Neverland" on TDF --- 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#32TDF Update -
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:49pm

There are a lot (a LOT) of really great Broadway offers on TDF right now for the next week or so. That's all I'm gonna say here TDF Update -  

brdway411
#33TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 12:12am

The $55 seats for On Your Feet are great. Seen it twice from the mezz. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#34TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 12:34pm

Is this the first time Fun Home has been up? They're down to 1 perf now but I got tickets for next Sat's matinee last night. 

Updated On: 10/24/15 at 12:34 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#35TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 1:04pm

FH hasn't been there in a long time. I assume these are there because of Cerveris being on vacation. 

GreasedLightning
#36TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 1:30pm

Halloween, also. 

Scarywarhol
#37TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 4:12pm

Mac, do you know the dates of Cerveris' break? I can't find that information anywhere. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#38TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 4:57pm

Important: Michael Cerveris is on vacation October 28 through November 1. The role of Bruce will be played by Jim Stanek.

From the FH listing on TDF. 

Updated On: 10/24/15 at 04:57 PM

Scarywarhol
#39TDF Update -
Posted: 10/24/15 at 5:24pm

Thank you!

Hairspray0901
#40TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 10:52am

I bought TDF tickets for Something Rotten for Wednesday night's performance. It said seating will be in the mezzanine. Does anyone have any experience using TDF with Rotten? I know their mezzanine is pretty big...Curious as to where others have been seated? It doesn't look like they're selling very well for that night so I'm wondering if I will get lucky and be in the front mezz?

brdway411
#41TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 10:56am

In general, when we use TDF and the theater has a large number of seats to fill, they will give you the best seats possible. IE front mezz over rear mezz. 

NY10024
#42TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 2:48pm

My TDF seats for "Rotten" were orchestra row M, despite the site saying seating would be in the mezzanine. I always take that disclaimer about the mezzanine with a grain of salt--I see a lot of shows with TDF, and can only remember two or three where I had something other than orchestra or front mezz.

GreasedLightning
#43TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 2:53pm

I, too, usually take that message with a grain of salt. Every time I've used TDF at this particular theatre, I've ended up with Orchestra seats. Good luck! 

stagedad3
#44TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 9:21pm

Is TDF the same thing as buying tickets at TKTS booth in Times Square? When I think of TKTS in Times Square, aren't those tickets for "same day" performance only? I'll be in the city on 11/1 and would like to know if I can get TDF tickets BEFORE flying in to New York on 11/1 or if I should take my chance and just see what's listed at TKTS on the day of performance. Would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

brdway411
#45TDF Update -
Posted: 10/26/15 at 11:28pm

TKTS and TDF are different, TKTS offers tickets to shows day of at a % off. TDF is a paid member service (check the web site to see if you qualify) that allows you to buy tickets to shows on a list for between $9 (off off Broadway) and $47 (Broadway Musical) not including the $4 ticket fee. Most Broadway musicals are $47 and plays are $41. The advantage to TDF over TKTS is you can pre-book and you will get a full view ticket mostly descent orchestra seat or a front mezz seat (they will usually tell you that seating may be in the upper sections). With TKTS they are usually selling the seats that are left over, not always the best and often partial view (at least that's what I have found). One other thing with TKTS, if that is the way you are going, go later in the day. The shows may release their house seats and you could end up in really good seats at a lower price. Also they usually sell the front of the theater first and its usually the far sides in the orchestra. I have found the later in the day I go to TKTS the better my seat is (not always the rule, just my experience). You get what ever the computer spits out, you cannot usually pick and chose your seats. Hope this helps. 

brdway411
#46TDF Update -
Posted: 10/27/15 at 12:10am

Another option, is go to the Box Office of the show you want to see, I have gotten reduced price, day of mezz tickets, full view almost as inexpensive as TDF and way less than TKTS. 

stagedad3
#47TDF Update -
Posted: 10/27/15 at 1:02am

Thanks brdway411. I checked TDF and unfortunately, it doesn't look like I qualify, but that's such a great program. 

#48TDF Update -
Posted: 10/27/15 at 3:31pm

Updated On: 10/27/15 at 03:31 PM

Hairspray0901
#49TDF Update -
Posted: 10/29/15 at 3:11pm

So, I went to Rotten last night via. TDF and unlike most of you, I wasn't so lucky with my seat selection! I never seem to get good ones through them, ever! Oh well.

I was indeed given seats in the rear mezzanine (Though, I can not complain since they DID say seats would likely be in the mezz). Despite half of the mezz being empty, they wouldn't let anyone in the rear mezz move seats until intermission; I saw at least 7 people ask the ushers to move and they kept saying "no". Was able to move down to the front mezz, row B on the left for the second act, though and it was a much better view. TDF Update -