pixeltracker

Spring Awakening Time Change Refund

Spring Awakening Time Change Refund

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#1Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 8:37pm

I purchased tickets for Spring Awakening for a Monday 7pm performance in December. I received an email yesterday saying the performance as been changed to 8pm. Problem is, I will now miss my train. Anybody else have experience with this situation. I'm assuming a refund is out of the question?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 8:58pm

You should definitely contact Telecharge by phone and state that the new time doesn't work for you. I don't see why you can't get your money refunded. Were there any instructions on the email?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#3Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 9:04pm

I've never had a problem with Telecharge, but its Ticketmaster. Not much information on the email and I'm not in the mood to wait an hour on the phone just for them to tell me "No." I can't move back my train either, otherwise I'd be okay.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 9:18pm

What if you tweet the production? There's also a chat window on the homepage -- I've used it and they did respond within a few days. You can't be the only one in this kind of predicament.

If you do nothing, nothing will change, but if you try, something might.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 10:36pm

Why on Earth would you assume a refund is out of the question? You purchased tickets under the condition that the performance time was 7pm. They changed it, and now you are entitled to get your money back or exchange to another performance. 

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#6Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/7/15 at 11:17pm

Just find the ticketmaster number on their website, as that will likely go to their Broadway line, which is more helpful than if you call in to the concert/sports line.

ILuv2shop531
#7Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/8/15 at 1:02am

Do you plan to be in the city at any time before then? If so, you could try going in person to the box office. That way you get live people who will give you fast help.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/8/15 at 5:27am

Even if you did have to wait that long, wouldn't it be worth it?  Even if someone here had a similar circumstance, you won't know until you contact THEM.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

indytallguy
#9Spring Awakening Time Change Refund
Posted: 10/8/15 at 6:19am

I simply replied to the email announcing the time change explaining I could no longer attend the performance for the same reason as the OP. Within a day I received notification of a refund being processed.

Videos