pixeltracker

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)- Page 3

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)

JeffDaEgg2
#50Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:39am

So is the Groff version of Satisfied really not on this?  What did they record it for, then?  Hrm....

RW3
#51Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:51am

I'm completely here for Ashanti singing "Helpess"

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#52Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:07am

omg i had forgotten about Groff singing Satisfied! now I'm crushed that it's not on this album Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

bloomerific
#53Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:44am

Oh man, I am SO about Regina Spektor & Ben Folds!!!

rjm516
#54Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 12:42pm

I got chills when I saw Usher on Wait For It and Kelly Clarkson on It's Quiet Uptown. SO PERFECT.

QUESTION!! Does anyone actually see where to preorder? It's not coming up on itunes or amazon.com, though on amazon UK it says 'this item is not available yet, would you like us to email you when it becomes available' yada yada? Or will it just be on the Hamilton website? I'm surprised no news sources actually say WHERE to preorder, just that it opens tomorrow.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#55Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 12:52pm

rjm516 said: "QUESTION!! Does anyone actually see where to preorder? It's not coming up on itunes or amazon.com, though on amazon UK it says 'this item is not available yet, would you like us to email you when it becomes available' yada yada? Or will it just be on the Hamilton website? I'm surprised no news sources actually say WHERE to preorder, just that it opens tomorrow."

Probably wherever you want to buy it, it will be there tomorrow. And if it were only on the Hamilton website, I'd still wait until Amazon or somewhere posted it cheaper. It's not like you're getting early access, or early shipment, you're just signing up to get it the same day as everyone else who preorders before the ship date...

rjm516
#56Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 12:58pm

Oh sure I'm just so surprised that, if it will be on itunes and Amazon (which of course it will be!), they don't have listings up yet at least, like all their other pre-preorder products, where the buy button  just says the preorder date. I'm sure it'll be up soon though. 

ILoveYouPatina Profile Photo
ILoveYouPatina
#57Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:48pm

I'm very excited about Kelly Clarkson singing It's Quite Uptown.

Margo319
#58Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:50pm

When something is available for pre-order, it comes up on the day that you can pre order it.....

Wow this looks amazing.  Andra Day singing Burn?!?!  Swooooooon.  Love love love this!

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#59Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:17pm

Was so excited when I saw Regina attached. I can only imagine how beautiful her and Ben's "Dear Theodora" will be. I was SUPER excited when I saw Ingrid Michelson attached <3 hands down my favorite singer and so I can't wait to hear her!

Listening to Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" right now... in tears. BEAUTIFUL. absolutely beautiful.

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#60Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:32pm

Pianolin717 said: "Listening to Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" right now... in tears. BEAUTIFUL. absolutely beautiful."

Where is it available to preorder? It's not on iTunes yet

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#61Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:35pm

It was on mine! usually things are released on iTunes at 11 PM. I just searched "Hamilton Mixtape" and found it.

Sprinkles2
#62Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:23am

Two tracks are available to stream on Spotify, It's Quiet Uptown, and My Shot, also on iTunes and Amazon.

Gonna take a second to digest how I feel about them. It's incredible this is happening.

Margo319
#63Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:31am

Hm.  I don't care for Kelly Clarkson's version of it.  Just something about it.  "My Shot" is dope though, as I knew it would be since The Roots were involved.  

binau Profile Photo
binau
#64Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:36am

I have only been able to listen to snippets, but yes "My Shot" = great. Can't say I find find Clarkson's song very 'beautiful' with all that synth and beats - just takes the song completely out of the moment/context in my opinion (I suppose it isn't a cast recording). 

I don't often like when they deviate too much from the original arrangements - I hope I am not disappointed by Sia's "Satisfied". One of my favourite artists and perhaps my favourite song from the show.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#65Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:38am

Kelly Clarkson's "Quiet Uptown" is auditory ambrosia and you're lying if you say otherwise. I am in awe.

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#66Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:41am

Do you think any of these songs will get radio airtime? 

TerrenceIsTheMann
#67Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 1:21am

I have a feeling many fans of the show are going to dislike this album... But Busta Rhymes destroyed My Shot so so far things are great

aaaaaa15
#68Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 1:53am

My Shot is incredible.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#69Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 4:59am

"Quit Uptown" - I was immediately turned off by the synths but the arrangement was on the whole a lot more subdued and I enjoyed it.

"My Shot" I also enjoyed but didn't think it really did anything new with the material.

Both were good but didn't "blow me away." Looking forward to other tracks much more, especially the ones that aren't from the show.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 11/4/16 at 04:59 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#70Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 5:28am

I love Clarkson's Quiet Uptown .  I didn't really notice the synth until the comments here, but I really focus on vocals - so it didn't bother me at all.

Excited for the rest.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#71Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 7:23am

Both these tracks seem way overproduced to me, with too much going on to distract from the points of the songs, but that's the way pop music is today. I'm not the intended audience, so I'll shut up now. 

rjm516
#72Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 8:11am

I love Kelly's vocals on It's Quiet Uptown but I REALLY hate the synth and all that backbeat. I really hate it. It makes it sound like a dance song for a club or something instead of the saddest song ever. I wanted to cry!

Busta on 'My Shot', on the other hand, is f-ing incredible, like jaw-dropping. I expected great from him but this is EPIC. And I didn't realize it would be all different lyrics and that was an awesome surprise.

bloomerific
#73Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 8:18am

I'm liking both versions...and I tend to focus on vocals as well, so I'm digging It's Quiet Uptown. IMHO, Kelly has gotten better as she has gotten older--so it's nice to hear her voice in such a way. The synth is a bit much...but I don't think it's distracting from the whole thing. 

My Shot is absolutely rad. Wow. 

I'm hoping maybe other songs will be released along the way to December...I mean, if this is only the beginning...I can't imagine the rest. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#74Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/4/16 at 8:20am

nightnic001 said: "Do you think any of these songs will get radio airtime?"

I desperately would like Helpless to be a huge radio hit for Ja Rule and Ashanti (replicating their success from the early 2000s on songs like Always On Time and Mesmerize). The song just seems tailor made for them so I'm very excited. With people like Usher, Kelly Clarkson, Alicia Keys, Sia, John Legend, Common and Wiz Khalifa I could definitely see some of these songs on the radio.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."