Diversity on Broadway

Dave19
#525Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 11:14am

dramamama611 said: "No one is talking about preferential treatment....just equal and fair treatment/representation.  Should we look BEYOND race?  Certainly, but that doesn't mean ignoring race as part of who people are."

That's what I am saying. It is not a problem at all when a black actor plays an Italian, including accent and make-up (looking beyond race), which is something different than ignoring race, because the black person gets the job.

"

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 11:14 AM

Dave19
#526Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 11:19am

Showface said: "Okay, so I did block Dave but I was logged out when I just read his comments."

Sure you did.

And yes, those examples are actually pretty comparable to the history of black people in the USA. Maybe even worse.

And president, Disney princess are just examples of course, I can name 1000 other examples. They did it. That's my point.

"

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 11:19 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#527Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 11:55am

You know.  I. Just. Can't.

I'm out.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dave19
#528Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 12:00pm

dramamama611 said: "You know.  I. Just. Can't.

I'm out.

"

Good. And take that lesson with you.

The difference between looking beyond race and ignoring race.

FindingNamo
#529Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 1:33pm

"Black people are president"

America: Land of quality education.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

VintageSnarker
#530Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/15 at 7:19pm

Having finally seen Something Rotten, while I had fun with it (doing my best to ignore Brooks Ashmankas' character and some of the more juvenile jokes), I found the lack of diversity actually jarring. Michael James Scott was out and the lack of diversity was notable the entire night but particularly cringeworthy during the quasi-gospel number. We can do better than this.

Dave19
#531Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 4:49am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjwlbMjuPUQ

Can somebody please elaborate on this?

Is it wrong to be a hard worker on Broadway? Is it forbidden for black people to work hard on Broadway because they need to be compared to cotton pickers 24-7?

Did somebody arrest this racist woman? Did she escape a mental institution? Did someone give her a muzzle and a good therapist? I truly hope so.  

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 04:49 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#532Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 10:37am

OMG SHUT THE  FÜCK UP

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 10:37 AM

Dave19
#533Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 2:27pm

That lady and lots of posters with the same mentality? I second that.

STFU!!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#534Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 2:31pm

Nope, I was talking about you, you race-baiting piece of sh|t.  

laugh

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#535Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 3:03pm

Block him. He contributes nothing and talks in circles.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#536Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 4:24pm

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. The overt racism is staggering.

Dave19
#537Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 4:45pm

perfectlymarvelous said: "I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. The overt racism is staggering."

Exactly, it's staggering.

That's why this thread is only the beginning. No need to stop the fight against racism or this thread.

We are not done untile there are no people like the lady in this clip anymore, or people who make separations based on race in general. Separate rules for make-up, awards, etc.

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 04:45 PM

Showface
#538Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 4:48pm

Can this thread please just die already?

And what needs to be done to ban a certain poster from posting on the boards?

It's been done before...how do we do it again? PERMANENTLY?

Dave19
#539Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 4:55pm

And why would you behave like an ostrich, put your head in the sand in fear and not discuss with proper arguments?

Like that's a solution. Have you seen the reactions here and like the lady in the clip?

Those are the racists, as they refuse to see black people as people. And think they are noble, while doing it.

But if your number 1 life lesson to spread is: "Make sure to treat black people differently, as they are not worth as much as other people". be my guest, but I won't support you.

And yes, deciding for a black actor that he can not play an Italian is racist. Creating awards for a certain skin color is racist. Comparing every black person to a slave is racist. And not being open to the fact that any minority group can play or voice anything is discrimination.

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 04:55 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#540Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:00pm

Jersey Boy 25, would you care to ask to have this thread deleted?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Dave19
#541Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:03pm

Why? To prevent equality?

Why on earth would you want that. This thread needs to be posted everywhere and go on forever.

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 05:03 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#542Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:09pm

"Why? To prevent equality?"

yeah, whatever, Dave. WHAT. EVER. 

Just make this go away!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Dave19
#543Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:13pm

Make what go away?

The people who want equality?

If that makes you feel better.........

Showface
#544Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:13pm

I wonder why we can't report/flag down posters here?

Most of the toxicity in this thread could have been avoided if this were a feature.

Updated On: 11/3/15 at 05:13 PM

Dave19
#545Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 5:14pm

Actually, most toxicity disappears with good discussion and an open mind.

Not by running away and blocking things and agreeing with separations.

Please read back and learn what is really toxic. This lady in the clip for example. Very toxic. And people complaining about black actors playing certain roles. And people who create awards based on skin color. And people who compare every black person to a slave. Or the lyrics of Nicki Minaj, all about skin color. And there is a hell of a lot more toxicity like that going on.

And don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that next to this disgusting racism described above, there is also racism in the world from the other side. It is a 2 way street. And it needs to stop from both sides. But the above way will NEVER demand respect or get people to be seen as equal.

Updated On: 11/4/15 at 05:14 PM

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#546Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 8:27pm

You guys keep egging this loon on, so why is everyone surprised that the thread won't die? You know by now that this person insists on having the last crazy word and it is apparently his full time job to stalk this thread. If everyone will simply stop responding to his rants, the thread will sink into the dreck where it belongs.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#547Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 8:42pm

To be clear, Dave19, I was referring to you. You are the overt racist. Don't mistake my comment for an allyship.

FindingNamo
#548Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/15 at 9:49pm

And to be fair, he's not very bright.  He thinks toxicness is a word.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Dave19
#549Diversity on Broadway
Posted: 11/4/15 at 11:44am

Who, showface?

I wouldn't care about that. You know what is really not bright?

Not realizing that racism is a 2 way street.

And no, lyrics as "white b*tches in the club, black m"ther****ers" are not necessary to gain respect for your race. In fact, that kind of racism propagated by black people does the opposite. Why are you blind for this?

Updated On: 11/4/15 at 11:44 AM