If/Then Tour

Pootie2
#25If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/9/15 at 6:55pm

https://twitter.com/shnsf/status/663862003690160128

Menzel won't be performing on 11/17 or 12/1 (both Tuesdays). I think that means Janine DiVita will be on.

JoseLee_ said: "Does anyone know if they sell a windowcard (poster) in their merch? If not I need to by it online before I see it cause I want to stage door. Thanks for whoever answers my question. Beyond excited!"

I remember seeing on Twitter news of BC/EFA collections with signed vinyl records and I believe posters too. But if anyone is hoping to see Menzel at stage door, that's very hit or miss (as usual).

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#26If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/9/15 at 7:14pm

In the interview playbill did with a bunch of former Elphabas in honor of Wicked's 5000th performance recently, they asked all of them what was on the horizon in terms of future projects. Burns alluded to "something exciting soon" that she wasn't allowed to talk about just yet. 

It would seem a safe bet she's referring to If/Then. 

Updated On: 11/9/15 at 07:14 PM

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#27If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/9/15 at 11:02pm

I'm glad Deedee Magno Hall has a part in this show (she's great on "Steven Universe"If/Then Tour , but how big a part is Cathy?  I don't remember much of the show from when I saw it Spring 2014, but I assume it is nothing notable.  I hope she'll get to go on as the lead at some point in this tour.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all
Updated On: 11/10/15 at 11:02 PM

Pootie2
#28If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/10/15 at 9:49am

James2 said: "I'm glad Deedee Magno Hall has a part in this show (she's great on "Steven Universe"If/Then Tour , but how big a part is Cathy?  I don't remember much of the show from when I saw it Spring 2014, but I assume it is nothing notable.  I hope she'll get to go on as the lead at some point in this tour."

Cathy is Stephen's wife, so a pretty small part, but at least she's on the stage a fair bit as "others."

broadwaysfguy
#29If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/11/15 at 12:15am

Dee dee is terrific(she was a great nessarose

excited about tomorrow and will report back on the show

broadwaysfguy
#30If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/12/15 at 2:40am

Just got back from opening night

fantastic performances by Idina and the entire cast...it felt very fresh, and somehow had better energy than the time i saw the OBC. This show seems to have been created for Idina and was perfect for her personality and acting abilities.  LaChanze was also a dominant force on stage and a lot of fun, Anthony Rapp was, well Anthony which was great.

Idina was still not quite herself from her virus she had over the weekend. She was definitely holding back during the first act vocally and had a coughing bout during the airplane crash scene then came into the next scene in the library sucking on a lozenge while doing her dialogue then crushed the rest of the show. Also she performed an exceptional version of learn to live with out with a nice riff not on the OCR.

Somehow the sudden shifts between the two alternative realities didnt bother me at all, where they seemed too abrupt the first time. Maybe because it was my second viewing

I consider this to be a good to very good show, with some great acting, an interesting concept, some clever dialogue and a few really standout songs. 

Its rare and may be the last time you see Idina Menzel on a national tour for a musical, as well as most of an original broadway cast on tour with such other highly recognized actors,

I highly recommend to see this show while its in the bay area, and give Idina a few more days to get back to full throttle....

ps for all the if/then lovers, I could not remember or notice any major changes in the set, or the show itself from the broadway show. but that was a while ago and the memory fades.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#31If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/12/15 at 2:47am

broadwaysfguy said: "This show seems to have been created for Idina and was perfect for her personality and acting abilities."

Well, it actually WAS created for her. So that might explain why it seems that way...

Pootie2
#32If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:33am

broadwaysfguy said: "Idina was still not quite herself from her virus she had over the weekend. She was definitely holding back during the first act vocally and had a coughing bout during the airplane crash scene then came into the next scene in the library sucking on a lozenge while doing her dialogue then crushed the rest of the show. Also she performed an exceptional version of learn to live with out with a nice riff not on the OCR."

Hopefully the extra day off got her over the worst of it. I'm always amazed when actors perform while ill, but this role in particular is so big.

broadwaysfguy said: Somehow the sudden shifts between the two alternative realities didnt bother me at all, where they seemed too abrupt the first time. Maybe because it was my second viewing"

I think this show is definitely the type that improves with subsequent viewings. There's a Tumblr link I posted above where someone listed all the changes they recognized, but besides the obvious lack of mirror and specific cuts from the OBCR, most are small enough that I doubt previous viewers would notice unless they saw the Broadway show many, many times. And yes, while the show was built for Menzel (and the other characters for their originators as well), I think people who saw Jackie Burns in the role all gave good reviews for her performances.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#33If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 4:17pm

We saw the matinee yesterday in SF at the Orpheum and loved it!  I saw it last October in NY and have been listening to the soundtrack for the past 13 months.  I agree it seems better the second time around, though I would have liked to have seen it again at Richard Rodgers instead of at the Orpheum.  Seeing Idina, Anthony, LaChanze and James Snyder again was amazing.  

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#34If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 5:55pm

Was Daren Herbert (Stephen) in the show during the SF run?  He was in an accident after the stage door on the final night of the show in Seattle, so I hope that he recovered. 

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!
Updated On: 11/15/15 at 05:55 PM

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#35If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/16/15 at 11:45am

choitoy said: "Was Daren Herbert (Stephen) in the show during the SF run?  He was in an accident after the stage door on the final night of the show in Seattle, so I hope that he recovered. 

"

His name is listed on the playbill, so it must have been him If/Then Tour .  I thought he was excellent!

Sing4yoursupper Profile Photo
Sing4yoursupper
#36If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/16/15 at 1:55pm

Does anyone know if Idina is on most shows or what her nights off tend to be?  I have tickets in LA for a Saturday night and I'm assuming that (unless she gets sick) that is a pretty safe bet that she will not be out but I'm hoping my assumption is correct.

Pootie2
#37If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/16/15 at 1:56pm

Sing4yoursupper said: "Does anyone know if Idina is on most shows or what her nights off tend to be?  I have tickets in LA for a Saturday night and I'm assuming that (unless she gets sick) that is a pretty safe bet that she will not be out but I'm hoping my assumption is correct.

As far as I've heard, Menzel has no scheduled nights off besides the Tuesdays listed earlier. She has performed while sick as well.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#38If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/16/15 at 2:27pm

I have no idea if they sell the windowcard on tour so I bought it at broadwayposters.com. At first I thought they didnt sell it since if you type "if/then", "if then", "if", & "then" there is nothing to choice from. Then I typed "idina menzel" and both posters showed up. Only $20 plus shipping. The total was $39. I just had to. Getting it signed by everyone other than Idina is fine. (already met her) if I DO meet her it'll be a bonus. So excited to see this with the original broadway cast, minus Jenn & Jason. I remember having a mini pank attack when they announced Idina is coming back to broadway in a new musical. I just thought.. I will never go to broadway but I cant wait for that cast recording. THEN it got announced it was going on tour WITH her.. I cried so much ahahaha. Can't wait.

Pootie2
#39If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/16/15 at 2:35pm

I don't know exactly when the BC/EFA collections end, but I did see tweets containing photos of cast members signing posters for that. (I don't know if they're "window cards" per se, though.)

Claudia Draper
#40If/Then Tour --LOTTERY
Posted: 11/17/15 at 5:14pm

Anyone in San Fran try the lottery?   How many tickets/ location

$25 MOBILE LOTTERY 

Enter the first ever mobile lottery in San Francisco for all performances of IF/THEN! Win $25 lottery tickets (up to two tickets per winner). Just download the TodayTix app in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store and tap to enter!

STARRING BROADWAY SUPERSTAR

IDINA MENZEL

Idina Menzel will not be performing in the Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 8pm and Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 8pm performances. These performances will go on as scheduled with other members of the Original Broadway company.

Tony Award-winner LaChanze (The Color PurpleOnce on This Island), Anthony Rapp (RentSix Degrees of SeparationYou’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown) and James Snyder(Cry-BabyRock of Ages), the original Broadway stars of IF/THEN, will join Tony Award-winner and Broadway superstar Idina Menzel (Wicked, Rent, Frozen, Glee) in IF/THEN.

IF/THEN is a contemporary Broadway musical about living in New York today – and all the possibilities of tomorrow. 

With unforgettable songs and a deeply moving story by the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning creators of Next to Normal, this “fascinating, ambitious, and original new musical” (New York Post)simultaneously follows one woman’s two possible life paths, painting a deeply moving portrait of the lives we lead, as well as the lives we might have led.

“Thrilling! The best musical of the year.”
New York Magazine 

“The bravest new musical in a long time. Led by Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey’s dazzling score, it is one of the few Broadway shows that looks and sounds like the world of today.”
Toronto Star 

“A smart, deeply touching and big-hearted new musical. Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey's score is invested with melodic urgency, bringing you to tears or breathlessness.”
The Washington Post 

“A thoroughly fascinating, intellectually and musically rich new musical. It is a zesty, savvy and ambitious original.”
Chicago Tribune 

For more information about IF/THEN, visit http://www.ifthenthemusical.com/

SHN Orpheum Theatre 
1192 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
Seating Chart 

Plan Your Visit! 

Dates: 
November 11 - December 6, 2015 

Running Time: 
2 hours and 40 minutes, including intermission.

Age Recommendation:  
Parental discretion advised. Recommended for ages 12 and up. No children under 5 allowed. 

More Ticket Info for IF/THEN 

For Groups 15+, Click Here 

Lilly7
#41If/Then Tour --LOTTERY
Posted: 11/17/15 at 5:53pm

Hard to gauge since it was a mobile lottery but appeared to be around 20+ winners for each show. Tickets we received were for side orchestra near the front, all the lotto winners appeared to be scattered throughout though. 

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#42If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 4:16am

Just got back from the show and holy cow it was wonderful! At intermission my friend and I were already talking about how we need to come back and see it a second time before the tour leaves the city. The show wasn't even over yet and I already knew I needed to see Idina in the show again. Also, if Janine is going on for her on Dec 1st (she mentioned at the stage door that she did in fact go on this Tuesday night, so I assume she'd do it again), I need to go back to see her as well, because she was amazing as Anne. The little taste we got of her singing was just not enough, and I really need to hear/see her in the role of Elizabeth. Thank God for discount ticket sites, because as long as my work schedule works out, I'm seeing this again twice!

Pootie2
#43If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 8:57am

I don't suppose anyone who posts here saw DiVita as Elizabeth on the 17th? I'm curious how her performance differs from Menzel's, like Burns' interpretation differs.

Updated On: 11/20/15 at 08:57 AM

Scott Rosson
#44If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 2:35pm

So what are the odds that any of the leads extend past the current announced dates? I would love to see Anthony Rapp but the show doesn't come around to my neck of the woods until July.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#45If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 4:42pm

Curious to hear about Janine too. I saw Jenn Colella and Jackie Burns (and Idina) Broadway and would love to hear more interpretations of Elizabeth! 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#46If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 4:46pm

I kind of find it funny that the leads wouldn't come to a big market such as Chicago.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Pootie2
#47If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 5:25pm

It's all about timing and obligations. What other projects are on their plates, family (kids), etc. LaChanze's time is limited because she's getting back to her kids, for example. Menzel has a bunch of projects for the next couple years at least. Rapp seems like the one most capable of staying, but I don't know what his future projects are either.

Claudia Draper
#48If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 7:46pm

Happy to report that my friends in San Fran won the lottery for tonight's show..YAASS. 

Claudia Draper
#49If/Then Tour
Posted: 11/20/15 at 7:46pm

Happy to report that my friends in San Fran won the lottery for tonight's show..YAASS.