pixeltracker

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?- Page 6

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#125Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 12/20/16 at 9:02am

I mean, anything is possible but the ratings are dismally low even by CW standards. 

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#127Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 1/8/17 at 12:32pm

Yessss!!!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#128Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 1/13/17 at 7:15pm

Well, lots of news some great, some disappointing...but anyway,  CrazyExGirlfriend has been renewed for Season 3 (as previously posted) so that is great news.

Tonight's episode has ultimate royalty with Tovah Feldshuh and Patti LuPone guest starring. Honestly, after last week's double episode, I am very impressed with how much water is still in the CEG well. We'll see tonight how it helps.

I'm so glad that CW/CBS is giving the show some more time and I think they are hoping to pick up viewers that like "LaLa Land". I know that's a touchy subject too, you either love it or hate it...I myself really really wanted to like it but it's all dazzle and no depth, IMO. So if you really like "LLL" you should give CEG a chance. Aline and Rachel and Adam write circles of comedy and song around Chazzelle.

One last thing, turn on your TV to any channel but Trump next Friday; it will lower the ratings for the event, as all cable boxes are monitored for ratings, so just having any thing else on will bring the ratings down.

(I'm sad that JH is performing...but JH must need the substantial payout) and I hope to God Steve Harvey says no. If you can Be in DC on Jan 21st to show your voice. 

And Watch CEG Tonight With LuPone and Feldshuh!!!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#129Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 1/16/17 at 9:05am

I was expecting Patti LuPone's Crazy Ex Girlfriend cameo to be brassy and over the top. Surprisingly they gave her a lovely understated conversation with Rebecca and left the broad comedy to the delightful Tovah Feldshuh. 

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

Platypus
#130Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 1/20/17 at 11:51pm

Is it just me, or was tonight's episode absolutely brilliant?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#131Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 2/17/17 at 8:33pm

Does everyone have their tix for "Crazy For You" Sunday at Geffen Hall? Pretty Dynamite cast w/ Laura Osnes, Tony Yasbeck and guess who?

Rachel Bloom! "Crazy Ex is in Crazy For", Jerry o'Connell, Rachel Dratch, and more. The all star cast is also doing the original Susan Strohman choreography.

We're seeing "Sunset Boulevard" and the "Crazy..." Hopefully a little bit of fun with distract me from this hellish admin.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#132Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:04pm

Finally caught up with Season 2 now that it's all on Netflix. This show continues to be one of the funniest and intelligent things on television. The cast, as far as I'm concerned, is unrivaled. Rachel Bloom is a total star, and Donna Lynne Champlin should be getting so much more attention for her work. I also really enjoyed Scott Michael Foster's addition to the cast- maybe a bit of a gimmick, but he fits in well with these weirdos. I appreciated as well how dark Bloom & co were willing to go this season- I already cannot wait to see what Season 3 brings. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#133Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 2/21/17 at 12:26pm

I'm slightly behind on the show but I'm hoping to get caught up soon :)

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#134Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:44pm

Well it's pretty easy to say Sunday night at Geffen Hall was a "Crazy Good" success. 

There are plenty of raves, and posts and videos here, on BroadwayMania, everywhere. This show is so ready for a revival. Rachel Bloom did not disappoint in her role; she and Jerry O'Connell were a cute couple, singing and dancing comic relief.

Rachel must be very popular indeed on stage among an audience of not just fans of the show, but so very many young people both on and off stage. (You had to be a real stormtrooper to stage door on Sunday night). Judging by the audience and crowd response I think she inspiring a lot of talented young and not so young people.

Hopefully she'll be back to Broadway; let's keep telling everyone how good Crazy ExGirlfriend is as we wait for Season 3!

(It's even popular on my library's "hold/reserve" list. Season 1 DVD has 14 people waiting for it)

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#135Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 6/7/17 at 4:08pm

Hey Kids! It's awards season and Crazy Ex Girlfriend is already starting to get some well deserved recognition. First, we get this really funny original music video that Rachel Bloom "doesn't care about awards".

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay/VIDEO-Rachel-Bloom-Insists-I-Dont-Care-About-Awards-Shows-in-Hilarious-New-Video-20170607 

The Gracie Awards for Women In Media just rewarded both Donna Lynne Champlin and Rachel Bloom with awards for Supporting Actress and Leading Actress in a Comedy Series. DLC may get some added attention this year b/c of her moving abortion storyline. DLC gave quite a nice acceptance speech at the dinner.

It was also awarded Best Comedy Series.

https://twitter.com/alinebmckenna/status/872472246043852800/photo/1

Also, it was just announced that Susan Stroman is mounting a full production of "Crazy For You" in Los Angeles; I wonder if RB will be among those returning to perform. The LCT concert production was "amaze-balls"; Tony Yazbeck, and that whole cast blew the roof off Geffen Hall that night. I'm so glad we were able to be there.

Lastly, Rachel Bloom will be at/on the Tony Awards on Sunday. I don't know if she is performing or presenting but I'm sure she'll get a nice reception.

Season 3 - coming soon! 

Updated On: 6/7/17 at 04:08 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#136Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 6/7/17 at 4:11pm

I miss CExG so much. Need it back in my life sooner than later!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#137Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 6/9/17 at 1:58pm

Fresh from my hot little in box we have the "scary" date for the Season 3 premiere of CExG. So, "Hats and Horns" for Friday October 13th at its' new time of 8:00pm EST. It is back paired w/Jane The Virgin so that may bring along some viewers again. 

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#139Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 9/29/17 at 6:39pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CrazyExGirlfriend?src=hash

2 weeks to go; let the production numbers begin! Season 3 starts 10/13 at 9:00pm est

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#140Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/3/17 at 7:25pm

2 things tonight....

The news is starting to leak out about the Season 3 premiere and musical opening. It looks like they've done a "Beauty/Beast" Rachel Bloom (and Company) style opening to start things off with a bang....this is a background article from CinemaBlend...

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1709660/the-awesome-way-crazy-ex-girlfriend-will-kick-off-season-3

Also, the NEW time on Friday nights is 8:00pm EST (not 9:00pm) ; CW has moved Jane The Virgin back with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ...10/13 , can't wait!

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#141Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/4/17 at 9:53am

I finally caught this show via binge watching on Netflix. It's utterfly brilliant. Parts of season 1 were uneven, but it never provided anything terrible. I know I'm in the minority, but I really liked Josh in season 1 and thought Greg was actually more of the fantasy (for the viewer if not for Rebecca). However, in season 2, it's clear, as it was pretty clear in season 1 but the tone of season 1 was so optimistic and romantic that you got swept up, that everyone has so many issues that nobody should really be hooking up with anyone. I love that this show really doesn't shy away from really putting those themes in the forefront. I loved the songs in season 1 and I didn't think season 2 could top it, but boy did season 2 top it. I don't know which songs are my favorite, but I keep listening to "Math of Love Triangles"; "Friendtopia"; "I Give Good Parent"; "Group Hang"; "Villain in my Own Story"; "I Have Friends"; "What a Rush to be a Bride"; and "Trapped in the Bathroom."

Heather has become my favorite character somehow, and I like how they made Valencia become friends with Rebecca but still keeping her personality close to what she was in season 1. 

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 09:53 AM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#142Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/8/17 at 4:44pm

Rachel Bloom plays Lisa Simpson's therapist on a Broadway-themed "Simpsons" tonight that also features Martin Short and Alison Bechdel "Fun Home".

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/916415293538287616

Also, CW just announced that Betty Buckley is joining the cast of "Supergirl"; that show also has a lot of Broadway performers. Now, they just need to get Betty Buckley to guest star on "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#143Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 3:11pm

Tonight! Tonight! (oh wait, not that show again...) Yes 

CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND returns for Season 3 at 8:00pm EST CW Network

Here is a treat from FUNNY OR DIE; Rachel Bloom playing Bernadette Peters making a sex tape...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a10e241a7f/bernadette-peters-sex-tape 

Definitely, a hilarious two minutes...

Rachel says she will live tweet to all time zones tonight, but how can we howl with excitement and tweet at the same time? 

RB also did a cutesy take off on the Sharon Stone "uncrossing her legs" surprise...promo for Season 3 (sorry I can't find it right now)

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#144Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 4:23pm

From today's Daily Beast:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/crazy-ex-girlfriend-is-still-the-most-charming-show-on-tv

I'm so glad this show is back! Enjoy!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#145Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/15/17 at 10:51am

"Crazy" is back in top form and truly, crazy!! and so, so much fun. 

Two big production numbers did not disappoint; the first was a re-cap almost "Disney" style...the second is "Let's Generalize About Men (But Not Gay Men)!, a tribute to 80's girl band videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI 

The added twist of making a sex tape with a "Josh Chan" look-a-like (being played by a British accented Josh Chan (Vincent Rodriguez himself) is more pure crazy and fun, (not to mention the poop cupcakes)...

Support Musicals Especially on TV !!!!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#146Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:34pm

Hey BWW

Thanks for the feature on "Crazy" this week; Michael McMillian is another talented cast member that gets a song this week, and it's a hoot about female orgasm via "Les Miz"...? yep....

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay/VIDEO-All-New-CRAZY-EX-GIRLFRIEND-Number-Parodies-LES-MIS-Classic-20171017

(But let's get the "correct" time edited into the article...it's 8:00pm on Fridays !)

StarFire2 Profile Photo
StarFire2
#147Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/31/17 at 9:38pm

I really, really enjoyed it. iTunes has the pilot for free download, if anyone missed it.

What means nothing for you, means everything for me (c)

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#148Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 11/18/17 at 6:27am

This is really a landmark, intelligent season. They have totally gone in a very serious direction while keeping the humor and music intelligent, relevant and entertaining in a serious way at times.

It was great to see Tovah Feldshuh back as her mother and the song, "Maybe She's Not Such A Heinous Bitch After All" should win an Emmy for her and that episode. Scott Michael Foster, Donna, and Pete, Vella, Gabrielle and Vincent, (his line when he was trying to talk to God and saying "I'm not Aladdin" was so-o funny!), are really being featured with more story and song. I still haven't seen last night's episode so I'll prepare myself for that.

Watch this show!!!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#149Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 1/15/18 at 4:33pm

On the occasion of "Crazy's" 100th song/music vid, Vulture has done a nice compilation with youTube clips of almost 85-90 of the songs. So if you missed out on watching this show here is a quick way to sample the huge variety of styles and music that Rachel Bloom, Adam S. and Jack D. do so very well.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/crazy-ex-girlfriend-best-songs-ranked.html

The show is back from winter break on 1/26. Enjoy!