Hunchback Album

bwayobsessed
#50Hunchback Album
Posted: 12/25/15 at 11:18pm

The pace of Top of the World feels a little slow to me. I'm worried that this recording as a whole will be a little sleepy. I feel like Bells of Notre Dame lacked the energy of the live performance.  However I hope for the best because I love this show and really need a good quality recording.

bwayobsessed
#51Hunchback Album
Posted: 12/25/15 at 11:18pm

The pace of Top of the World feels a little slow to me. I'm worried that this recording as a whole will be a little sleepy. I feel like Bells of Notre Dame lacked the energy of the live performance.  However I hope for the best because I love this show and really need a good quality recording.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#52Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/8/16 at 1:26am

Topsy Turvy, Part 1 is now available.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#53Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/8/16 at 4:37am

Other tracks are available in different countries. It's kind of irritating. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#54Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/8/16 at 7:44am

WTH? Really? But, where are they and what are they?

EDIT: The UK has God Help the Outcasts

Updated On: 1/8/16 at 07:44 AM

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
CATSNYrevival
#57Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 1:05pm

This is dumb. They should just release the damn thing on iTunes already.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#58Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 1:08pm

Just received an email confirmation that my copy has shipped!

bwayobsessed
#59Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 1:13pm

The end of Esmeralda is the most thrilling piece of music ever written. It's just perfect. 

CATSNYrevival
#60Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 1:13pm

From sh-k-boom?

Quasi
#61Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 1:52pm

The most of it sounds so slow. I have the feeling that the German Cast Recording is more dynamic and dramatic. I also prefer Someday with the Chorus but I am still glad that there is a new recording of this gorgeous score.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#62Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 2:00pm

The songs from the original movie do sound a tad sluggish, but the act finale sounds great to me.

I may end up doing a playlist with the movie versions of what songs were there and the new material in the end.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#63Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 2:06pm

Quasi said: "The most of it sounds so slow. I have the feeling that the German Cast Recording is more dynamic and dramatic. I also prefer Someday with the Chorus but I am still glad that there is a new recording of this gorgeous score."

The ending of Someday on the German cast recording is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard. I was sad to hear they cut the chorus and it's now just a duet. I'm still very much looking forward to this recording next week.

disneybroadwayfan22
#64Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 3:40pm

Out There: Beautiful orchestrations. Michael Arden sounds fine, but lacks passion and excitement.

Someday: Forever bitter that they changed Someday from a gigantic, chilling ensemble number to a duet between Esmerelda and Phoebus. The song is still beautiful, but man! The ensemble notes were what made the song.  It's not the same. I might try to find the German version to get the "epicness" this song deserved.

Esmerelda, God Help the Outcast, and Hellfire sound PERFECT in every way from the orchestration to the talent. Patrick Page is the star here. 

Updated On: 1/14/16 at 03:40 PM

Notreallysilent 2
#65Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 4:03pm

No one posted this yet so here made of stone 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/14/made-of-stone-hunchback-notre-dame-cast-album

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#66Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 6:04pm

Jeez. Why not just release the album at this point.

CATSNYrevival
#67Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/14/16 at 7:08pm

It's kind of infuriating but whatever. I can wait a few more days. It just comes off as teasing though.

disneybroadwayfan22
#68Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 6:56am

Out There is Avaliable! 

Dave19
#69Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 8:29am

Some of the chorus parts are quite thrilling, almost moved me to tears.

The middle part of "God help the outcasts" and "Hellfire" for example.

mattyp4
#70Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 5:11pm

CATSNYrevival said: "From sh-k-boom?"

Yes, the pre-orders shipped the other day from Sh-k Boom.

CATSNYrevival
#71Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 5:20pm

Not mine. I didn't get an e-mail. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#72Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 5:47pm

Do they do it on a first come first ship basis? I only just placed my order with Sh-K-boom last week.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

CATSNYrevival
#73Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/15/16 at 7:57pm

I checked my account on the Sh-K-Boom website and it says the CD shipped and there's a "pre-shipment" tracking number. I don't know what that is. Still no e-mail though.

owenblinky
#74Hunchback Album
Posted: 1/17/16 at 8:30pm

Anyone else think Hellfire sounds a bit iffy? The tempo, Patrick Page's singing, the orchestration (not sure why they gave the string part over to woodwinds). I can't dig it.

I'm not sure why God Help the Outcasts now adds the entire choir singing "TO BLESS MEEEE." It's too loud for this type of song. I thought it was perfect in the original show.

On a positive note Michael Arden sounds better here singing the songs more straight than he did in the show