#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/23/15 at 8:39pm

"

Updated On: 11/23/15 at 08:39 PM

harrisbenjaminco Profile Photo
harrisbenjaminco
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/23/15 at 9:25pm

I'm bad at understanding these grosses charts but does this mean spring awakening is doing better? Cuz if so... Yay! :) I mean still not great but improvement is nice

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/23/15 at 9:48pm

I see avatars,  Patti.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

evic
#53Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/23/15 at 10:04pm

By the time it closes, Spring will have lost it's entire cost and then some.  Flop.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#54Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/23/15 at 10:31pm

harrisbenjaminco said: "I'm bad at understanding these grosses charts but does this mean spring awakening is doing better? Cuz if so... Yay! :) I mean still not great but improvement is nice"

It did less business this week than last, and both were severely under water. As great as it is, it is another one of those shows of late that seems to intend to see how much it can lose. At least the losses for this one are for a worthy cause, unlike many of them.

LightsOut90
#55Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 1:55am

yikes, Hand To God played to 33% capacity, thats awful 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#56Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:49am

And down goes SYLVIA

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/sylvia-starring-annaleigh-ashford-and-matthew-broderick-post-closing-notice-373084

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#57Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:28pm

Whatever one thinks of Ms. Salonga, and I think a lot of her, why on earth would anyone think her missing shows would have any meaning at the box-office?  Seriously.  She is not Bernadette Peters or Patti LuPone, you know.  She is not a draw.

I chose to delay seeing Allegiance on my NYC trip this past weekend because Lea Salonga wasn't performing, so your claim is certainly not categorically true.

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#58Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:36pm

Patty: I remember missing avatars recently on chrome for desktop. What may be your problem:

1 Bad internet: Your computer (or device) knows that there is a file, but can't load it due to a poor conection. Tips to fix: Put your router in a different orientation: guess n' check (if on your wifi) or either move where you are reading/posting from or upgrade your service (if on data.)

2 Trolls: Someone has their avatar as a blank screen, so it makes you rage. Tips to fix: In typical BWW fashion, yell at them, call them an 8 year old that has only seen Mamma Mia touring in Loisiana that binge watches Dance Moms with their older brother who was in the Blacklick Valley Les Mis whose mom decided that decided that they would wear berets or just calmly let them know.

3 BWW is a bit broken: If this is it, don't worry. They always fix it!

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#59Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:46pm

Patti: It's BWW, almost completely sure. To people not seeing it: it's only happening to some usernames.

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#60Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:47pm

kdogg,

when people use the word "meaning," it has the same connotation as "meaningful." Obviously, every performer sells some tickets. (Were I to perform, I assure you my family and friends would come, if only to watch me humiliate myself.) But the box office is a greedy mother, and wants impact.

sklabam
#61Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
Posted: 11/27/15 at 10:23pm

'cuz they have sad lives and feel better about the size of their cell my making other's smaller still, in their own minds. 

Videos