pixeltracker

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online- Page 3

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#50DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:31am

Broadway Bob* said: "Watching this made me finally made me realize my problem with the NBC live musicals - it's all about the energy. This was obviously a stage show being filmed and therefore had the energy of a stage show and the energy of a full house appreciating the efforts."

I only watched for about 20 minutes and then closed out because I got bored, but it definitely didn't sound like a full-house. After the 2nd or 3rd number it literally sounded like 5 or 6 people clapping.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#51DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:49am

It's not like it is some massive space, heh:

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#52DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 4:09am

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. It's an intimate theater, and it was in fact sold out tonight. So the low level applause sound could be due to the sound engineering being top notch and only including vocals and orchestrations.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#53DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 4:12am

I agree the sound was amazing. I thought it was beautifully filmed too. THE WIZ LIVE could have used a few pointers.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#54DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 8:52am

Just finished watching this on one of the rebroadcasts. It was charming! Plus it was a treat to be a vicarious New Yorker for a couple of hours. I hope this succeeds in increasing interest in the show, for this show's sake but also so that other productions might become more likely to do things like this.

Pootie2
#55DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 8:57am

CindersGolightly said: "I'm loving it so far. It's intermission, and I've already bought the cast album. Such a cute and clever show.

True "success" for this experiment would be measured in $, so I hope Davenport can share some statistics later. Was there a spike in OCR sales immediately thereafter? Ticket advance sales for the actual show? It'd be great if he released an in-house survey with "saw live stream" as an option.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#56DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:06am

I discovered Megan Mcginnis through this livestream and that alone is a win for her, the show, and Davenport. I can't believe she hasn't done more shows on Broadway.

Now back to Youtube to find more Mcginnis videos...

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#57DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:16am

I was so taken aback by this show! It was charming, witty, and McGinnis was absolutely wonderful. Her husband was very good too, though didn't quite have the vocal chops to keep up with his wife. I think if it had a different star, the premise(and most of the songs) would have been a little creepy...always singing about daddy. Luckily, it worked in their favor for the majority of the show. I am hoping to catch this when I go to NYC in March. Does anybody know how long McGinnis is staying with the show? Tickets are on sale through January 2017, but wondering how long her contract is for. 

asmith0307
#58DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:48am

The house may have been full last night, but they were comping quite a few people. I've seen a reading in that theater, and the house (and stage) is tiny. 

Knowing Davenport, he will probably release any stats he has on his blog.

I'm not sure how long McGinnis' contract is for, but she is doing Sense and Sensibility next summer at the Old Globe. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#59DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:56am

Oh I had no idea she was going to be in Sense and Sensibility. I saw the premiere last year in Denver and loved it! Hoping she stays in Daddy Long Legs at least until April so I can catch her. Thanks for the update!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 11:11am

asmith0307 said: "The house may have been full last night, but they were comping quite a few people."

Recorded shows are often in front of comped houses, not sure what the surprise is there. Especially if the recording is a bit of a distraction.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#61DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 11:28am

Yeah I'm not too surprised that they comped most tickets...Does anybody know how their sales have been prior to the Live Stream? I'd be interested to see if it picks up from here on out. Really hoping it gets a boost if it's been slow.

asmith0307
#62DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 11:36am

I was just pointing that out in response to the statement it was "sold out". It wasn't sold per se, but full none the less (and to answer another question, their sales haven't been great from what I have heard, but I haven't seen any specific numbers)

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#63DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 11:55am

For anyone who's interested, there is a cast album available on CDBaby.

I'm sure Ghostlight's will be wonderful, but the original cast album is what made fall in with the show.

....but the world goes 'round

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#64DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 12:57pm

I like that cast album because it includes the act one finale and the new one doesn't (why?!) but otherwise I like the new "Graduation Day" and "My Manhattan" on the new recording and the smaller less pop orchestration is a better representation of the score now. I almost wish Adam Halpin had opened the show and recorded the album. I loved their chemistry together.

VintageSnarker
#65DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:30pm

"True "success" for this experiment would be measured in $, so I hope Davenport can share some statistics later. Was there a spike in OCR sales immediately thereafter? Ticket advance sales for the actual show? It'd be great if he released an in-house survey with "saw live stream" as an option."

I'd already pre-ordered the album after seeing the show the first time and I already had a ticket for Saturday before the livestream so I'm not much help statistically but I'm still pro-livestream.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#66DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:31pm

Last chance to catch the Livestream at 3!

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#67DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:24pm

Yes, the final rebroadcast will have just started 15-20 minutes ago.

The new Ghostlight cast recording is up on Spotify, though I can't advise whether or not it's superior to the original album with the white cover. I believe the listenable tracks at https://paul-gordon-gleh.squarespace.com/daddy-long-legs and https://paul-gordon-gleh.squarespace.com/music/ are from that original album, for comparison. The new recording didn't make my 'to buy' list when I first listened, but I might have to rethink that now.

MorningGlow2, I also went on a bit of a Megan McGinnis Googling kick when this show first got on my radar. What a lovely voice. If you're interested:

- McGinnis sings two songs on 'Lost Broadway Volume 3' album (on Spotify), including 'I Never Dream When I'm Asleep', a song from 'Love From Judy', another, older musical based on the 'Daddy Long Legs' novel. I think she sounds even better on the other song on the album, 'I'm Afraid I'm in Love'. I think she's also on the 'Little Women' cast recording.

- Paul Gordon (DLL's composer) has several other sample tracks featuring McGinnis from his 'Sense and Sensibility' at https://paul-gordon-gleh.squarespace.com/music/.

- McGinnis sings on the 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' sample tracks at http://picnicathangingrock.com/listen.html, along with some other talented people.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#68DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:31pm

You think she's on the Little Women cast recording? Megan is definitely on the Little Women cast recording and she sings the best song on the album with Sutton Foster called "Some Things Are Meant to Be."

asmith0307
#69DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:43pm

Megan and Sutton have a gorgeous recording of "Flight" on Sutton's Wishes album. That's how I first found her.

GoblinKing2
#70DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:44pm

That was a cute show that had a lot more humor than I expected. When I was in New York earlier in the fall it was either this or Avenue Q for that $20 ticket in the last 20 minutes deal and I picked Avenue Q. So, I was glad for this opportunity to see the show since I doubt I'll be getting back to NY anytime soon. I've liked Megan after discovering her in You Tube clips for Little Women and her duets with Sutton Foster. I originally thought that casting her husband seemed a bit gimmicky, but he has a certain quirkiness that makes you see Jervis as the odd duck in a rich, elitist family and therefore nothing like the other Pendletons as Jerusha perceives them. That said, it seems like this would work better as a one-act 90 minute show.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#71DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:49pm

Even at its current 2 hrs I think one act would be doable. 

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#72DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 4:10pm

@Fan123 - Thanks for the suggestions! Didn't know any of them so will check them out tonight. 

NOB88
#73DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 5:41pm

From twitter:

Ken Davenport ‏@kendavenport  14m14 minutes ago

Look for a blog next week recapping the whole thing with stats, info and more! #DaddyLongLegsLive http://ow.ly/VMGU0

Pootie2
#74DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
Posted: 12/11/15 at 5:51pm

NOB88 said: "From twitter:

Ken Davenport ‏@kendavenport  14m14 minutes ago

Look for a blog next week recapping the whole thing with stats, info and more! #DaddyLongLegsLive http://ow.ly/VMGU0

"

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to the breakdown!

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin