pixeltracker

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?- Page 3

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?

Jay94
#50What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 11:59am

I bet it's Cinderella. The Music Man isn't well known by most people under 50 anymore. They would need someone like Hugh Jackman to sell it. A classic like Gypsy, My Fair Lady or South Pacific would be great. After the good response this year, I'm sure they'll be able to get some more big names involved. I was concerned that no one famous would ever want to do one after Walken and Williams embarrassed themselves last year.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#51What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:09pm

Here's some of my suggestions:

The Addams Family
Camelot
A Christmas Carol (Alan Menken/Lynn Ahrens)
Hello, Dolly!
Mame
My Fair Lady
Once Upon a Mattress
Seussical

Showface
#52What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:12pm

Whatever it is, I hope they make the cast diverse.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#53What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:13pm

Oliver! would be perfect. I hope they consider it.

I also like previous posters' choices of Bye Bye Birdie and You're A Good Man Charlie BrownThe Pajama Game and Thoroughly Modern Millie could also be a good fit.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

#54What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:14pm

They need to stop doing Sesame Street, and do something different. I think Sweeney Todd could really work.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#55What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:18pm

Aida Revival said: "They need to stop doing Sesame Street, and do something different. I think Sweeney Todd could really work."

You do realize they're billing these as holiday events for families?

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#56What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:19pm

I've said this before, but My Fair Lady!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#57What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:30pm

Chess with Idina Menzel, Hugh Jackman, Josh Groban and Beyonce directed by Ivo Van Hove

Up In One

#58What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:32pm

It doesn't have to be for families next year.

Liza's Headband
#59What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:38pm

It doesn't have to be for families next year.

If you have that mindset, you can all but guarantee it will NOT happen. There has to be mainstream, family-friendly appeal to some extent. That's the fact. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:40pm

Liza's Headband said: "There has to be mainstream, family-friendly appeal to some extent. That's the fact."

#headbandrealness

#61What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:56pm

Not true. I would love to see Daniel Day Lewis and Meryl Streep in Sweeney Todd. I think people would see it just to see them.

Danster
#62What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:57pm

As long as these threads remain, I think NBC should take a break from doing a live musical. How stupid are some of the people that post on these threads

Danster
#63What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:57pm

As long as these threads remain, I think NBC should take a break from doing a live musical. How stupid are some of the people that post on these threads

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#64What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:58pm

"Guys and Dolls," "Oliver," and "My Fair Lady" would be great but they need big stars. Like, Channing Tatum as Sky Masterson, Lady Gaga as Nancy, or Anne Hathaway as Eliza Doolitte. "The Wiz" had some pull because it was an interesting title to choose, and I agree that something classic for the next year is going in the right direction.

Or just film "Hamilton." THAT would get ratings.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#65What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 12:59pm

Danster said: "As long as these threads remain, I think NBC should take a break from doing a live musical. How stupid are some of the people that post on these threads"

One of us! One of us!

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#66What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:07pm

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

The Drowsy Chaperone

A Little Night Music

Caroline, or Change

The Pirates of Penzance

She Loves Me

Pippin 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#67What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:08pm

You're on a roll today haterobics. laugh

....but the world goes 'round

neonlightsxo
#68What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:08pm

Up In One said: "Chess with Idina Menzel, Hugh Jackman, Josh Groban and Beyonce directed by Ivo Van Hove"

I wish!

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#69What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:09pm

Elfuhbuh said: "I've said this before, but My Fair Lady!

" I agree with My Fair Lady. How about Mamma Mia, Mary Poppins or WIcked? I bet if they did any of these instead of Wiz they would have gotten record audience.

When They Go Low, I Go High

Liza's Headband
#70What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:10pm

That's because Haterobics has no real job and a sugar daddy to satisfy his needs, in a number of ways. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#71What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:13pm

Liza's Headband said: "That's because Haterobics has no real job and a sugar daddy to satisfy his needs, in a number of ways. "

You're half right! Sadly, it is the no job part. ;-(

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#72What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:13pm

Spelling Bee's charm is the audience participation aspect. It would lose that in a broadcast setting unless they invited a studio audience in. And even then I don't think it would translate well to TV.

I would love to see something like Paulus' Pippin. Don't know how far they could go with "With You" though.

....but the world goes 'round

Jeffrey Karasarides
#73What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:15pm

^Zadan & Meron are already gonna be producing a film adaptation of Pippin for Harvey Weinstein.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#74What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:17pm

Petralicious said: "I agree with My Fair Lady. How about Mamma Mia, Mary Poppins or Wicked? I bet if they did any of these instead of Wiz they would have gotten record audience."

They could never do Mary Poppins because that is a Disney property. The only way we could see a live television production of Mary Poppins would be for it to be on ABC.