pixeltracker

American Psycho OLCR released 3/25- Page 2

American Psycho OLCR released 3/25

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:21am

The Broadway artwork is a major improvement over the original London artwork but I guess it's a good sign that they're not using the Broadway artwork for the London cast album. Let's be real though. If the Broadway production under performs and closes early we're not getting two cast albums. I'm still confused as to why they recorded the London cast and waited until now to release it if they're also recording the Broadway cast. It's similar to Finding Neverland releasing the concept album and then an actual cast album later on except these are just two actual cast albums. The only difference between the two will be the cast and any new songs that have likely been written for the Broadway production.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#26American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:25am

Glad to hear that a Broadway album is planned. 

CATSNYrevival
#27American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:28am

Maybe they'll record the Broadway cast album and wait two years to release it to coincide with the opening of a different production.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#28American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:13pm

Lol CATS!

....but the world goes 'round

CATSNYrevival
#29American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/10/16 at 5:51pm

The track list is available. It looks like they didn't include the "Hip to Be Square" act one finale which is unfortunate.

Track Listing:
1. Opening (Morning Routine)
2. Cards
3. You Are What You Wear
4. Oh Sri Lanka
5. True Faith
6. Killing Time
7. In The Air Tonight
8. Hardbody / Hardbody Luis
9. If We Get Married
10. Not A Common Man
11. Mistletoe Alert
12. Clean
13. Killing Spree
14. Nice Thought
15. At The End Of An Island / Hardbody Hamptons
16. I Am Back
17. A Girl Before
18. Don't You Want Me?
19. This Is Not An Exit

Additional Music:
20. Selling Out (Fischer King Remix)
21. Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Duncan Sheik Remix)
22. Killing Time 2.0

Updated On: 2/10/16 at 05:51 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#30American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:30am

You can purchase "You Are What You Wear" now on amazon.

....but the world goes 'round

Drewski Vanderbilt Profile Photo
Drewski Vanderbilt
#31American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/22/16 at 11:21am

If you see on Itunes, one of the songs is sung by jennifer, so hopefully thats just one track from the Broadway Cast Album

CATSNYrevival
#32American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/22/16 at 11:29am

It's on iTunes as well. If this is going to be a repeat of Hunchback where they release several songs over the next five weeks I'm not amused. The album has clearly been ready to release since 2014.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#33American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/22/16 at 11:35am

I hope the OBC comes to fruition. Is the song that Jenn is on a Tears For Fears cover? That's neat.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

CATSNYrevival
#34American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/22/16 at 12:58pm

I hope there's an OBC recording as well since there's obviously at least one new song, maybe more, and they didn't record the act one finale for the London album but they're including Duncan Sheik's "Selling Out" track which kind of makes it seem like that will be their excuse for not recording the Broadway cast since the demo for the new opening number is on the London cast album. I know Duncan tweeted that the Broadway cast would record but I think that's likely entirely dependent on how the show is received.

smoonyc
#35American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 2/23/16 at 1:03pm

I'm so excited to see this - I saw the London production twice and was so bummed that they had never released the cast recording. Looks like the Broadway production has changed/removed one of my favorite songs so glad I'll get to have it regardless!

CATSNYrevival
#36American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/5/16 at 5:40pm

"I Am Back" is now available to download as well.

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#37American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:21pm

Thanks for the heads up . I'm a huge fan of Depche Mode . And I must say , the song I Am Back . Sounds so damn Depche . Looking forward to hearing the rest.

Updated On: 3/6/16 at 12:21 PM

Rockyfan2000 Profile Photo
Rockyfan2000
#38American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 3:42am

"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" (Duncan Sheik Remix) is available to download now too.

"It's not where you start, it's where you finish!"

Broadwaystar2
#39American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 6:38am

broadwayboy223 said: "Has anyone reached out to any of the actors for more info? Like someone should tweet Alice Ripley or Jennifer Damnio(? Don't know how to spell her last name LOL) and ask them about it. Maybe this will be more of a concept recording and a Broadway one will comes out later. 

"

Why would ANYONE do that? Is it that serious?

CATSNYrevival
#41American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 5:36pm

Ahh! I love it. They recorded a lot of dialogue which I love even though they left off the act one finale. The dialogue also sounds a little robotic just like the Spring Awakening cast album but it works a little better with this score. The opening sounds different from what I've heard of London. In London the ensemble was singing "Clean" behind the morning routine monologue that they did record. Maybe they changed it later in the run? The album sounds great.

Updated On: 3/18/16 at 05:36 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#42American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 6:29pm

I'm listening now, and the score is much more enjoyable outside of those press videos from a few weeks back. I'm looking forward to seeing how it translates in the context of the full production.

CindersGolightly
#43American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 8:14pm

I agree, listening to the score rather than just seeing rehearsal footage has changed my mind completely. It's really charming, in a sinister way. I could see this being a surprise hit.

CATSNYrevival
#44American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 8:52pm

I love Matt Smith as Patrick too. There's something about Matt that makes you love his Patrick even when he says awful things. I hope Benjamin Walker is able to do that as well.

CindersGolightly
#45American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 9:03pm

"While the London cast recording is different than what audiences will see if they visit the Broadway show, Sheik sees the album as part of a long and productive journey. “It just reflects some of the changes that we made as we moved towards Broadway, because the record was made over a course of a couple years,” he explains, going on to talk about how the songs have gone through many versions since the original workshops in 2011. “For example, a song like ‘Killing Time,’ which takes place in the tunnel at the club in the first act, it was initially one song and it kind of morphed into a different song, and since we’ve been in rehearsals on Broadway it’s changed fifteen times,” Sheik says."

I'm hoping that due to this, there's a concrete need to record the OBC.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#46American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 9:17pm

The album is obviously different from the new version but it sounds great. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#47American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/18/16 at 11:11pm

I'm listening to the recording now. I was surprised by just how 80's the music is. And then I was even more surprised / confused when I heard them singing In the Air Tonight. I hadn't looked at the tracklist beforehand, I didn't realize the score interpolated a few songs from the 80's (also wikipedia lists Everybody Wants to Rule the World but the track isn't on the recording except for a "Duncan Sheik" remix).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CindersGolightly
#48American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 12:19am

Speaking of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World', I'm LOVING Jenn's vocals. I'm so happy Duncan gave her basically a whole solo song. I've missed her voice since the "Venice" album was released.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#49American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 12:25am

CindersGolightly said: "Speaking of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World', I'm LOVING Jenn's vocals. I'm so happy Duncan gave her basically a whole solo song. I've missed her voice since the "Venice" album was released."

Jennifer Damiano? Is there a video of her singing it somewhere?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."