pixeltracker

American Psycho OLCR released 3/25- Page 3

American Psycho OLCR released 3/25

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#50American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 12:45am

That's her on the London cast album. She provided the main vocals for that song.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#51American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:44am

I hated the clips. But loved the album! It's a solid score with a very "sinister" as it was put edge.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#52American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:51am

Oh, I didn't realize it was her! I didn't see a list of credits or anything though (and she wasn't listed on castalbums.org), she sounds terrific.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ajh
#53American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:25pm

CindersGolightly said: "That's her on the London cast album. She provided the main vocals for that song."

are  you sure it's Jennifer? The U.K. Amazon site has the album for preorder and lists the soloists on each track and according to them it is Cassandra Compton who played JD's role in the London production.

either way, I am loving this recording 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#54American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:39pm

US iTunes lists Jennifer Damiano for the "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" bonus track. I can't be 100% positive that it's her but that's what it says and it sounds like her.

CindersGolightly
#55American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 6:29pm

I am 100% positive it's Jennifer. I've been listening to her recordings for the past couple of months non stop and now it's impossible for me not to recognize it. Cassandra provides background vocals.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#56American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 6:40pm

This is one hell of a score, probably one of my faves in a long time, I even prefer it to Hamilton. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

amandaelevator Profile Photo
amandaelevator
#57American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 7:29pm

Really enjoyed this! I had only seen the rehearsal video for the Broadway run and wasn't really sure if I was going to like it. But this has definitely got me excited and I'm glad I took the time to listen! 'I Am Back' is a particular stand out.

songanddanceman2
#58American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 9:01pm

You are what you wear 

selling Out

Not a common man

This is Not An Exit

i am Back

Nice Thought

A Girl Before 

killing Time 

these are the standouts for me.

Updated On: 3/20/16 at 09:01 PM

CindersGolightly
#59American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 9:28pm

Isn't 'You Are What You Wear' so good? It grew so much on me. I HATED it when I first heard it. This score is sublime. I can't wait to hear what has changed on Broadway.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#60American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/19/16 at 10:52pm

This convinced me to buy tickets. See ya all on the 24th.

songanddanceman2
#61American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/20/16 at 6:20am

It really is a pretty brilliant and unique score, it matches the era and subject perfect. I pray to go this is given a chance on Broadway. 

CATSNYrevival
#62American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 12:47pm

For anyone who hasn't already pre-ordered Amazon is offering "auto-rip" when you purchase this CD. They mail the physical CD and allow you to download the MP3 album tonight once it's released with no additional charge for the digital album.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#63American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 12:53pm

I wish other labels would do that.

....but the world goes 'round

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#64American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 12:55pm

For non-theatre music, it's pretty common

"In memory, everything happens to music"

songanddanceman2
#65American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 2:25pm

What makes it non theatric? I think it's very theatric 

Johnnywhatwhat2 Profile Photo
Johnnywhatwhat2
#66American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 2:52pm

The new music video is SOOOOOOO completely different from anything else I've seen to promote a Broadway show, I like (and really respect) that they are taking risks and not shying away from the source material:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2016/03/24/cast-of-american-psycho-s-selling-out.html 

CATSNYrevival
#67American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 3:12pm

That article seems to mistakenly identify Benjamin Walker as playing Bateman on the London cast album instead of Matt Smith.

songanddanceman2
#68American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 3:25pm

So glad he has recorded Selling Out as it wasn't in the London production. Such a cool song.

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#69American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 3:54pm

Just received my copy of the album signed by Duncan. This is definitely one of my favorite scores of the season.

CATSNYrevival
#70American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/24/16 at 4:13pm

Are they selling signed copies somewhere? I missed that.

CATSNYrevival
#72American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 3/29/16 at 5:18pm

I got my copy of the CD from Amazon today and I just want to write a note of praise for the creative packaging! It's an eco-pack cardboard sleeve contained within a separate plastic sleeve. The plastic sleeve is covered in blood splatter and when you pull the cardboard eco-pack out you see that the actual album cover does not feature the blood splatter seen in pictures of the cover on-line. The blood splatter is only on the outer plastic sleeve. The fold out on the inside of the eco-pack features Matt Smith standing in front of the wall that displays the quote "abandon hope all ye who enter here." The booklet is very colorful with full lyrics and a few production photos of the London cast. It's very creative and well thought out packaging and I'm glad I purchased a physical copy.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#73American Psycho OBCR released 3/25
Posted: 4/1/16 at 2:48pm

This is a very intriguing score that captures the 80s sound very well... and  it's a well-produced album. It certainly makes me curious about seeing it staged.

However, it may not be a great testament to Sheik's score that my favorite track here is the cover of  "Everybody Wants to Rule the World."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."