pixeltracker

The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording) - Page 3

The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#50The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/15/16 at 7:25am

I can't get past the cutting of the Act 1 Finale. It sounds great, but I just can't get past that cut.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/19/16 at 12:42pm

The album is #29 on iTunes! 

Now that it's officially released, what do you guys think? My only major  quibble is the cutting of the Act 1 Finale. Still kind of shocked by that because it's such a stunning moment in this production. 

I don't find the performances lacking emotion at all, it's a very authentic reflection of the performances in the theater. Yes, the original cast recording features some hysterics, the performances are definitely not over-the-top in this production or on the recording, it is definitely a John Doyle production. And the new orchestrations are just so lovely. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
zjb8
#53The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/19/16 at 2:13pm

Any news on whether or not it will be on Spotify?

@z5
#54The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/19/16 at 9:13pm

love this album

Dolly80
#55The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/20/16 at 3:09am

Broadway records don't ever put their albums on Spotify

@z5
#56The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/20/16 at 4:35pm

cuz spotify suuuuuuuuucks

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#57The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/21/16 at 9:49am

Remedial tech question here: I don't have access to a computer right now, but I have an iPad. If I buy the digital record from Broadway Records, will my iPad be able to download and play the album? I already checked iTunes, and didn't see it there. Thanks!

edcrum
#58The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/21/16 at 12:17pm

LuminousBeing said: "Remedial tech question here: I don't have access to a computer right now, but I have an iPad. If I buy the digital record from Broadway Records, will my iPad be able to download and play the album? I already checked iTunes, and didn't see it there. Thanks!

I downloaded from iTunes 

"

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#59The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/21/16 at 3:10pm

I really enjoyed listening to this during a road trip this weekend. It's beautifully recorded and the entire cast sounds wonderful. I saw the show back in November and listening to this recording has ensured that I'll be going back again.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#60The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
Posted: 2/24/16 at 2:46pm

Finally bit the bullet and bought the recording. While I, like many others on this thread, am disappointed of the Act 1 finale being cut, this recording is marvelous. Everyone is in amazing voice, and the orchestrations are much more simple and raw than the original recording...so happy I bought it.