pixeltracker

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled - Page 3

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#50First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:34pm

bwaydreamer said: "But as long as it DOES have a cast"

Maybe they want to let the ticket buying public know that little fact.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Pootie2
#51First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:58pm

Only a few hundred followers on Twitter and on Facebook, and their last communication about a cast was February 6 in a comment reply: "Stay tuned for the leaking of casting info..."

Leaking? It kind of looks like vaporware.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

10086sunset
#52First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 11:06pm

Yes or no -  Does this show reach opening?

I vote No.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#53First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 11:11pm

Where's Reidel? We got NERDS, Duncan leaving Neverland, Disaster, I want to know the T on all of these. 

If we don't have a casting announce this week, then I think it's dead. 

neonlightsxo
#54First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 11:38am

Fosse76 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "It honestly saddens me that a prime Broadway house is being used for this inevitable failure."

Where are the complaints about American Psycho? It seems to be selling only marginally better than Nerds. And I checked Telecharge and tickets are, in fact, sold for the Mezzanine and Balcony. "

Uh, American Psycho is a transfer from London, has a full cast & creative team, many of whom are well known. They're also IN REHEARSAL. How are they even comparable?

My question about Nerds is: what's the issue here? Is it a money issue? Or just inept producing?

Updated On: 2/17/16 at 11:38 AM

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#55First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 11:51am

They paid for a booth at NYCC in 2014 and were doing promotional photos with cosplayers to use in the marketing of the show. I wonder if they plan on still using those a year and a half later? I think they were handing out lens cleaning cloths with their logo on them? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#56First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 11:54am

I just don't understand how a cast list hasn't been released yet. They start previews in 6 weeks. They must be in rehearsals by now considering it's a new show that would require several workshops. Has anyone been by the Longacre lately?? Can you buy tickets at the box office at least?? Any signage up??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#57First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 12:12pm

The Twitter feed doesn't even show any form of promotion. I see they retweeted someone's 30 second clip from BroadwayCon. Heck, they didn't even promote that they were going to be there. Who does that? Even Found the Musical, which isn't even opening on Broadway, promoted that they would be there. And they did clever advertising. It made me want to know more about that show. Nerds had a nice song and that's all I can tell you about it. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#58First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 12:15pm

Someone talk to someone here!

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1603996/000160399615000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

neonlightsxo
#59First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 1:10pm

ACL2006, I'm fairly certain they are NOT in rehearsals yet.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#60First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 4:39pm

trentsketch said: "They paid for a booth at NYCC in 2014 and were doing promotional photos with cosplayers to use in the marketing of the show. I wonder if they plan on still using those a year and a half later? I think they were handing out lens cleaning cloths with their logo on them? 

"

Do we know that they PAID for that booth?

I hope ticket money is in escrow!  This could be a bigger mess than Springtime for Hitler was supposed to be!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#61First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 5:18pm

neonlightsxo said: "ACL2006, I'm fairly certain they are NOT in rehearsals yet.

"

assuming they move into the theater the week of March 21, they should be in rehearsals now considering it's a new musical. If not this week then definitely next week. the mystery continues.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RW3
#62First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 7:05pm

According to this NY Times article that was released TODAY, Nerds seems to still be happening. However, I cannot confirm when the picture was taken and in the article, it says that rehearsals start on Feb. 22 and I don't know if that's changed because of the cancelled preview.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/17/theater/21hours-broadway-listy.html?smid=tw-nyttheater&smtyp=cur

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 7:33pm

well, at least it's still on. Maybe we get a cast list on Feb. 22??

asmith0307
#64First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 10:50pm

Assuming the NYT was truthful in that they followed everyone on the same Tuesday, that was last Tuesday (based on the first preview of Disaster). The fact they are casting a lead this late is probably not the best sign. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#65First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/17/16 at 11:38pm

Eh. Seems like the whole thing came together rather quickly. 

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#66First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/18/16 at 6:33am

Wee Thomas2 said: "trentsketch said: "They paid for a booth at NYCC in 2014 and were doing promotional photos with cosplayers to use in the marketing of the show. I wonder if they plan on still using those a year and a half later? I think they were handing out lens cleaning cloths with their logo on them? 

"

Do we know that they PAID for that booth?

I hope ticket money is in escrow!  This could be a bigger mess than Springtime for Hitler was supposed to be!

"

They definitely paid for the booth. Everyone pays for space at NYCC, even the big guys like Marvel. Nerds was in one of the smaller table and two chairs aisles on the outskirts of the show floor. Those tables are less than $1000 for four days and still get lots of foot traffic. 

neonlightsxo
#67First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:08am

asmith0307 said: "Assuming the NYT was truthful in that they followed everyone on the same Tuesday, that was last Tuesday (based on the first preview of Disaster). The fact they are casting a lead this late is probably not the best sign. "

I think it was last Tuesday, that seems right. Also, they didn't post the EPA until after the announcement that they were taking the Longacre. In the other thread, people said oh they're just posting that because they had to. Clearly not true...they did not have a cast yet.

Pootie2
#68First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/18/16 at 10:15am

I'm still baffled why their official website has been in "beta" with no information since forever, especially if the creators had been intending to get onto Broadway since 2008 (with 2008 and 2014 articles to that effect). But this will be an interesting one to watch, especially since I have a tech background like someone else here. Except I probably would have connected to the subject matter faster if the title wasn't so lame.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#69First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/18/16 at 10:49pm

Forgive me if this was already addressed, but based on what I read here, how did this show even get to this point? It just seems to have been, "Hey this is NERDS the musical, we're gonna be on Broadway this year. Surprise."

If it is indeed that easy, I coulda gotten one of my own works off the ground so fast! Anyone want to help me rent out the Helen Hayes?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LightsOut90
#70First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/18/16 at 11:15pm

Chad Kimball is apparently reprising his role from the 2013 production. 

Pootie2
#71First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/19/16 at 12:06pm

According to their Facebook, in a comment reply, the cast will be announced Monday.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#72First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/19/16 at 12:09pm

https://www.facebook.com/nerdsmusical/posts/941403702608753

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Pootie2
#73First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/19/16 at 5:00pm

Considering they were probably desperate to cast people in this ridiculous time frame... Well, good luck to them, I guess.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#74First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/19/16 at 5:41pm

I agree. I'm remembering his performance in Memphis and it definitely is making me less likely to see it now. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates