pixeltracker

Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film- Page 3

Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#50Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 7:41pm

I sure hope the people who paid tons of money to see Miranda in "Hamilton" aren't too disappointed when he has to take time off for filming. I imagine he'll be out of the show at least three or four months.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#51Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 7:45pm

Sorry, double post!

Updated On: 2/24/16 at 07:45 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#52Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 8:10pm

@mc1227: How would you know that he's all wrong for the part? Have you read a script? Seen a treatment or a run down of each characters description and the expectation for each?

I would think the producers would know more than you exactly who is right or wrong for this film and since they are pursuing him for the part he's obviously right and who they want.

Updated On: 2/24/16 at 08:10 PM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#53Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 8:25pm

CarlosAlberto said: "@mc1227: How would you know that he's all wrong for the part? Have you read a script? Seen a treatment or a run down of each characters description and the expectation for each?

I would think the producers would know more than you exactly who is right or wrong for this film and since they are pursuing him for the part he's obviously right and who they want.

no, I haven't seen a script, nor have you.  The description of a lamplighter from that era would indicate to me that it should be a tall person, not someone Miranda's size.  Nor is he much of a singer or dancer.  As far as producers getting casting right for their productions is a big laugh.  The answer in this case has to do more with Miranda probably having a 3 project contract with Disney which is a customary practice.  Plus he is as hot as a firecracker right now.  

I like Lin Manual but this doesn't seem to be a good fit based on what I read so far.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings or something.  

"

The only review of a show that matters is your own.
Updated On: 2/24/16 at 08:25 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#54Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 9:24pm

Sounds like Mary doesn't age if they're moving the setting ahead 20 years and casting Emily Blunt. I don't have a problem with that at all. If Mary Poppins can slide up a bannister and pop through a chalk painting, why not have her ageless and timeless? She's a magical nanny.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

hork Profile Photo
hork
#55Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 9:33pm

I've always thought of Mary as ageless. Julie Andrews was only 28 at the time, but you get the feeling the character's been doing this a long time, and has known Bert a long time (maybe she was even his nanny!).

Besides, Mary Poppins never explains anything.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#56Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 10:05pm

Mary is a timelord, so she just regenerated from her Julie face to her Emily face.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#57Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 10:07pm

That's all the explanation I need. 

RW3
#58Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/24/16 at 11:55pm

I just want both of their castings to be either confirmed or denied as soon as possible.

Doody Fisher
#59Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 8:30am

Mr. Nowack said: "Mary is a timelord, so she just regenerated from her Julie face to her Emily face.

"

lmao. too true.

perhaps LMM will be playing the father of a new household that Mary decides to bestow her presence upon.

Liza's Headband
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#61Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 9:07am

perhaps LMM will be playing the father of a new household that Mary decides to bestow her presence upon.

It says the character is a lamplighter in the article. Although, did they even have or need lamplighters in 1930s London? Gaslight was pretty much gone by then.

Updated On: 2/25/16 at 09:07 AM

Doody Fisher
#62Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 9:32am

best12bars said: "perhaps LMM will be playing the father of a new household that Mary decides to bestow her presence upon.

It says the character is a lamplighter in the article. Although, did they even have or need lamplighters in 1930s London? Gaslight was pretty much gone by then.

"

Thanks for the correction. Btw, on the wikipedia article on Gaslighting it says, "In the United Kingdom, coal-gas was used until the early 1970s." 

rodrigo_ca
#63Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 9:48am

hork said: "I've always thought of Mary as ageless. Julie Andrews was only 28 at the time, but you get the feeling the character's been doing this a long time, and has known Bert a long time (maybe she was even his nanny!).

Growing up I always tought Bert was just as magical as her, and that neither of them would get old, just move from place to place.

Besides, Mary Poppins never explains anything.

"

Dave19
#64Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 11:37am

sueb1863 said: "I sure hope the people who paid tons of money to see Miranda in "Hamilton" aren't too disappointed when he has to take time off for filming. I imagine he'll be out of the show at least three or four months.

"

Maybe they can have Aaron Tveit replace him in Hamilton? At least he looks a little like the actual Alexander Hamilton. And he can actually sing.

Liza's Headband
#65Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 12:43pm

Hamilton was a mixed-race immigrant from the Caribbean. He was NOT caucasian and most historians believe he did NOT have light skin. Dumbass. 

CarlosAlberto
#66Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/25/16 at 1:28pm

LOL...Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed filmumbass is right. But can Aaron Tveit rap convincingly?! 

Dave19
#67Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 11:19am

Liza's Headband said: "Hamilton was a mixed-race immigrant from the Caribbean. He was NOT caucasian and most historians believe he did NOT have light skin. Dumbass. 

"

I'm talking about looks, you race fetishist.

Dave19
#68Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 11:20am

CarlosAlberto said: "LOL...Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed filmumbass is right. But can Aaron Tveit rap convincingly?! 

"

Looks and singing voice will do. At least he has 2 out of 3 for the role.

CarlosAlberto
#69Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 11:33am

^ ^ ^  W H I T E   M A N ' S   B U R D E N  ^ ^ ^ 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#70Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 11:41am

Dave19 said: "Liza's Headband said: "Hamilton was a mixed-race immigrant from the Caribbean. He was NOT caucasian and most historians believe he did NOT have light skin. Dumbass. 

"

I'm talking about looks, you race fetishist."

STOP TROLLING THIS BOARD, YOU RACIST! Nobody wants to hear you spew your hatred here...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#71Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 11:52am

"Though his words are hateful, untrue,

Listen, listen, he's starting to spew.

Feed the troll ... tuppence a post ...

Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a post ..."

Updated On: 2/26/16 at 11:52 AM

CarlosAlberto
Dave19
#73Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 1:47pm

So it's racist to hire an actor looking like the character?

This gets sicker every day.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#74Emily Blunt in talks to play Mary Poppins in Shaiman-Wittman composed film
Posted: 2/26/16 at 1:53pm

Another thread falls victim to nonsensical HAMILTON trollery.

I'm wondering what the movie will look like, will it be very dark and "gritty" due to its depression era setting? The original has such a vibrant look to it.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated