Hamilton tickets

BrianMar
#1Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 9:16pm

Hey, guys! My name is Brian and I've got 2 e-tickets for the matinee of Hamilton on May 18, 2016. It starts at 14:00 hours. They are great Center Mezzanine seats in row D (seats 104 & 105). Due to unforeseen work I cannot attend the performance as planned. As I am based in The Netherlands I cannot resell my tickets through Ticketmaster or other sites like StubHub!, because you need a US address and bank account for this. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how I can sell my tickets from over here. If you're interested in buying these seats also please feel free to get in touch.

Updated On: 3/4/16 at 09:16 PM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 9:20pm

Hamilton tickets

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phantom4ever
#3Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 9:24pm

Isn't this what the cancellation line is for ?  

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#4Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 9:54pm

Phantom4ever said: "Isn't this what the cancellation line is for ?  

"

No, the cancellation line just sells unused house seats. 

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

FindingNamo
#5Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 10:40pm

Send me the tickets, I am a prince in Nigeria so obviously I am good for the money.  I will personally have my handmaiden bring them to the box office well in advance to verify that they are real, and instantly upon confirmation I shall transfer gold doubloons directly into your account.  If the tickets are not legitimate, the handmaiden shall be beheaded by a bejeweled scepter.  Please just send the tickets.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phantom4ever
#6Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 10:44pm

I thought the Hamilton Cancellation Line thread said that one of the sources of Cancellation Line tickets was from people who called to say they can't use their tickets and got refunded, among other sources. It also said that there is no official explanation of where the Cancellation Line tickets come from. 

vdirects
#7Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:07pm

FindingNamo said: "Send me the tickets, I am a prince in Nigeria so obviously I am good for the money.  I will personally have my handmaiden bring them to the box office well in advance to verify that they are real, and instantly upon confirmation I shall transfer gold doubloons directly into your account.  If the tickets are not legitimate, the handmaiden shall be beheaded by a bejeweled scepter.  Please just send the tickets.

BWAHAHAHA!

"

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#8Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:12pm

If this "person" can't make it to the show because they're in "Amsterdam" I highly doubt they would come to America just to sell them to the cancellation line. If any of this is even real in the first place (which it is certainly not). 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

FindingNamo
#9Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:21pm

Do NOT listen to them BrynMawr.  Transfer the tickets to me and I shall credit your account immediately after verification.  Also, because of international monetary fees I will need you to send me 85 dollars in American cash as international credit cards are forbidden to be used for transfer of cash because of American Homeland Security.  I am sure you understand.  Hurry!  We must get these transactions going soon.

PrincelingNamo

BrianMar
#10Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:23pm

ClydeBarrow said: "If this "person" can't make it to the show because they're in "Amsterdam" I highly doubt they would come to America just to sell them to the cancellation line. If any of this is even real in the first place (which it is certainly not). 

"No this "person" won't fly over for the cancellation line, but thanks a lot for the useful tips! I will think twice before asking for advice over here again and call the b.o. of the Richard Rodgers. I'm sure they will find people who are interested in time for May. Again, thanks a lot!

Updated On: 3/4/16 at 11:23 PM

tina149 Profile Photo
tina149
#11Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:25pm

If this is actually a scam I wonder what happened to these people to make them so heartless.

How much are the tickets?

Updated On: 3/4/16 at 11:25 PM

tripelite Profile Photo
tripelite
#12Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 2:28am

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the responses to Brian's question.  Yes, many Hamilton ticket offers are scams, but not all are, and not one response has addressed that possibility.  His scenario is a legitimate one - I know many people in other countries who have bought Hamilton tickets, and if they couldn't go, they would ask the same question.  In the event that this is for real, Brian, I have a few ideas for you:

1. Have a friend in the U.S. handle the transaction for you. 

2. If you have any friends in New York, it is almost 100% guaranteed that they know people who are dying to buy Hamilton tickets.

3. Ticketmaster may allow a ticket transfer (they do for some events, but I don't know if they do for Hamilton).  With a ticket transfer through Ticketmaster, they void your tickets and reissue them to someone else so there's no risk of duplicate tickets.  If no one on this board is interested, you can try selling them online on Craigslist, although since many ticket offers on Craigslist are scams, buyers are likely to be wary.

4. Call Ticketmaster and ask if the tickets can be returned and refunded.

5. See if an Escrow service like Escrow.com can be used to guarantee the transaction.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who would be willing to buy those seats at face value if they're legitimate.  You should have no trouble selling them.  You might even turn a profit.  If they are not legitimate, then bless your heart.

Good luck to you.

the1liamg
#13Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 5:52am

I sold my tickets on stubhub with a UK bank account. Ticketmaster does require a US one though. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#15Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 7:07am

Ticketmaster does allow transfers through the site for Hamilton. They are free. 

Updated On: 3/5/16 at 07:07 AM

pupscotch
#16Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 8:10am

I'm sure if they are e-Tickets you can contact the box office and return them to the cancellation line for a full refund. 

vdirects
#17Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 10:35am

No you can not return anything to the RRT for a full refund.

This sounds very much like a scam. If anyone is considering buying these tickets I suggest they only buy them for full face value (probably $67) or just a bit more. If he's trying to sell them for anything more than 100, maybe 200 a piece, you know it's a scam or at least a VERY risky gamble.

FindingNamo
#18Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 11:07am

I assure you it is real.  Please send me $85 USD cash and the tickets.  We must close this deal soon.

10086sunset
#19Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 11:10am

FindingNamo said: "I assure you it is real.  Please send me $85 USD cash and the tickets.  We must close this deal soon.

"

HAHAHA, great stuff Namo

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#20Hamilton tickets
Posted: 3/5/16 at 11:55am

Brian, how did you purchase these tickets?

Videos