pixeltracker

Finding neverland closing- Page 2

Finding neverland closing

Back Row
#25Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:48am

A question as far as recouping goes: Would the cost of the original Leicester production be included in the production costs, or do they get to wipe the slate clean after they fired everybody? Does anyone know the real costs, or can Harvey make the number anything he wants to be with a  few accounting tricks? I heard a number of $20 million very early on, and then I saw a figure of $15 million being kicked around much later. Under normal circumstances, it seems that this show would recoup by the time it closes, but the circumstances here were a little different, so what's the story?

Sunny11
#26Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 1:20am

Oh man, I had hoped that it woukd get a bump over the  summer. 

trpguyy
#27Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 1:23am

The tour will have its own, newly built set. 

And no, the slate is not wiped clean. The failed London production is accounted for in the books for the Broadway production. 

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#28Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 1:56am

I enjoyed it for what it was, an entertaining evening of theatre

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Sunny11
#29Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 2:09am

60% has been returned to the investors to date according to deadline.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/finding-neverland-closing-broadway-harvey-weinstein-1201750335/

Sunny11
#29Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 2:09am

Double post, sorry. Can mods please delete. 

Updated On: 5/6/16 at 02:09 AM

Back Row
#30Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:20am

The whole movie deal sounds like more Harvey smoke & mirrors for his investors. Helen Mirren? Yeah, she's probably chomping at the bit for a role like that. Trying to market the movie on the strength of the names of a couple of former TV stars? No big name movie stars? It sounds like he's just trying to put lipstick on a pig. There's no movie. Who knows how FN will do on tour and in London? They could still make money. But I doubt things are as rosy as the picture that Harvey is painting. 

bfreak
#31Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:45am

Harvey knows that it would make NO sense for them to do a movie of this. The original movie is still so beloved, and is considered to be a much better piece. They may make some money if they bring back Morrison and Grammer and record it, and then sell it on DVD ala Shrek the Musical.

Honestly, I'm kinda sad to see this go. I ended up enjoying it a lot, despite its flaws (which I thought were mostly found in the book). I really loved the score (I know I'm in the minority), and I thought that Matthew Morrison and Kelsey Grammer were a terrific pair together. I do remember thinking after I saw it this past January though, that I really can't imagine seeing it with anyone else in those parts because then the weakness of the show would probably be more prevalent. But still, congrats to this show on a year and a half run, and I do hope that this recoups with future tours, and probably amateur school rights/ regional rights.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:58am

it should do well over the summer. Smart to have it close before the slow season starts. And Hello, Dolly is all but confirmed for the Shubert. I'd say either Spongebob or Singin In The Rain goes here next.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#33Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 7:29am

I actually enjoyed this show when I saw it a year ago, despite its flaws. I loved and I mean loved the movie from 10 years ago with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. I still prefer the movie more than the musical but it's still sad to see it go. 

10086sunset
#34Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 7:36am

The writing has been on the wall since the announced the London production...

Alfie Boe can't seem to get a break...

After Eight
#35Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 7:37am

"I hope Gary Barlow stays away from Broadway from now on."

I hope he returns ---and soon. His songs were better than anything in the current show of the moment, the former show of the moment, or any of the other critics' darlings that have you begging for mercy.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#36Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 8:16am

I had no real desire to see this show and ended up seeing it and thoroughly enjoying it. I hope it does really well on tour.

Just give the world Love.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#37Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 8:23am

Add me to the list of those sorry to see it go. I figured it would probably close at the end of the summer so I've made plans to catch it a few more times before then. Sometimes you just need a little bit of magic for a night at the theatre and this show really had an impact on me. I'll miss it.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#38Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 8:44am

A generally panned show from the people around these parts and yet six threads about their closing notice. 

I really don't get it. 

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#39Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 8:47am

I saw the original overblown  mess of a production in Leicester. The score so bland , it would put the dead to sleep.  Saw it again on Broadway, while the production was less cluttered. The dreadful new score made the original seem a little more bearable.

aaaaaa15
#40Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 8:57am

After Eight said: "I hope he returns ---and soon. His songs were better than anything in the current show of the moment, the former show of the moment, or any of the other critics' darlings that have you begging for mercy."

Glad you enjoyed them. I get more than enough of my fill of his generic music whenever it comes on UK radio though, I don't need it infiltrating Broadway any more than it already has. 

Back Row
#41Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:08am

I saw it at A.R.T, actually enjoyed quite a bit, but I didn't see it again. Perhaps part of the reason I enjoyed it as much as I did was because I went in with low expectations. There were elements of charm and whimsy that I found appealing, and Jeremy Jordan was much, much better than I expected him to be (Nothing against Jeremy's ability; I just couldn't visualize him in the role.) By the time it got to Broadway, reports indicated that much of that charm had been jettisoned, and Jordan was no longer with the show. So, I made no effort to see it again. 

Sunny11
#42Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:20am

In general is a one and and half year run " good" or not? Considering that it didn't get any tony nominations.    

DrewJoseph
#43Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:32am

It's weird that tickets are still available on ticketmaster all through dec 2016..

BroadMagTech
#44Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:51am

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadways-finding-neverland-to-close-film-adaptation-planned

so it looks like Finding Neverland is planning to return to Broadway after its U.S Tour

After Eight
#45Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:52am

"I get more than enough of my fill of his generic music whenever it comes on UK radio though, I don't need it infiltrating Broadway any more than it already has. "

And I got more than enough of my fill in one sitting of pretentious, portentous posturing about "shots" and such. I don't need anything more  of that sort on Broadway --- or off, for that matter. Give us more songs on the order of "When Your Feet Don't Touch the Ground." In other ways words, something pleasant to listen to. Please.

aaaaaa15
#46Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:44am

Why are you talking about Hamilton in a thread about Finding Neverland?

After Eight
#47Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:47am

^

aaaaaa15,

As a point of comparison as to what's good and bad.

aaaaaa15
#48Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:48am

I see. Well I'm not in this thread to defend Hamilton, it doesn't bother me that you don't like it. Just as it shouldn't bother you if I don't like Finding Neverland.

Videos