pixeltracker

Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour- Page 2

Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour

neonlightsxo
#25Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/9/16 at 2:19pm

LizzieCurry said: "neonlightsxo said: "They couldn't get anybody else?"

He's from SF and so far is only mentioned as doing the SF and LA stops. It'll be fine.
"

No one is requiring me to see it so I'm sure it will. :)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#26Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/9/16 at 3:11pm

haterobics said: "Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states."

And a different show.
"

haterobics - Haha!

Jorge, Criss was probably the most familiar name to play the role on Bway next to NPH. An average American is more likely to know him than Andrew Rannells because of how popular Glee was.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#27Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/9/16 at 3:19pm

Valentina3 said: "haterobics said: "Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states."

And a different show.
"

haterobics - Haha!

Jorge, Criss was probably the most familiar name to play the role on Bway next to NPH. An average American is more likely to know him than Andrew Rannells because of how popular Glee was.
"

I also don't think Andrew's Hedwig would go over well - he was the least likable Hedwig of all. I do imagine more people know who Michael C Hall is over Criss, however.

rebeccmam31
#28Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/9/16 at 4:36pm

ChildofEarth said: "Valentina3 said: "haterobics said: "Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states."

And a different show.
"

haterobics - Haha!

"

I also don't think Andrew's Hedwig would go over well - he was the least likable Hedwig of all. I do imagine more people know who Michael C Hall is over Criss, however.
"

I have tickets to see it in San Francisco, and a Michael C. Hall casting would have made me happy.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#29Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/9/16 at 4:41pm

rebeccmam31 said: "I have tickets to see it in San Francisco, and a Michael C. Hall casting would have made me happy."

Michael C Hall was fantastic!!! I agree. Darren was amazing too though. I wasn't a big fan of Andrew Rannells as Hedwig. He was too muscular I think for the role (mind you I saw Andrew perform a week after NPH left.)

neonlightsxo
#30Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 8:24am

Michael C. Hall is much too busy and in demand to be doing a national tour.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#31Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 8:42am

People keep saying "national tour" as if each Hedwig actor is going to be doing more than two cities. I have no intel, but come on, why they're getting someone to perform in many more cities (or every city for the rest of the run)? It's easier to assume they're not.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#32Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 10:17am

For tickets for L.A. There's a notice saying "Darren Criss will NOT appear as “Hedwig” in the following performances: Sunday, November 6th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 13th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 20th at 6:30pm & Friday, November 25th at 8:00pm" is an understudy going to go on for him?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#33Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 10:20am

Well, it's either that or Yitzhak will talk to the air.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

WickedGinger Profile Photo
WickedGinger
#34Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 10:22am

I wish they would make an announcement for the West End! I would be quite happy seeing Darren Criss bring this show across the pond!

Dallas Theatre Fan
#35Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 10:50am

Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states.

It looks like the tour is staying in mainly blue states/cities, the only stops they are making in red states are Dallas Texas and two cities in North Carolina.  Dallas is pretty blue now so I'm pretty sure it will sell now, not sure about the Charlotte or Durham stops though.  

timisimaginary
#36Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 5:33pm

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states.

It looks like the tour is staying in mainly blue states/cities, the only stops they are making in red states are Dallas Texas and two cities in North Carolina.  Dallas is pretty blue now so I'm pretty sure it will sell now, not sure about the Charlotte or Durham stops though.  

they're playing in NC? oh my, which bathroom will they let Hedwig use?

"

QueenVereen
#37Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/10/16 at 5:38pm

Who is playing Yitzhak? Can it pretty please be Lena Hall

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#38Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/24/16 at 2:32pm

This is pretty amazing! Lena Hall will be Yitzhak, except for one performance a week, where she will be Hedwig! Why didn't they do this in New York?

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2335324

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#39Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
Posted: 5/24/16 at 4:01pm

"Why didn't they do this in New York?"

Well, for one, to avoid the situation when Darren Criss' shows have a half-empty theater but Lena's shows would be sold out. Have to protect the star's feelings. And this is essentially having an alternative for the lead, but I think people would argue that Hedwig is not that demanding of a performance that you need an alternative for a 2 month run.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.