pixeltracker

The Gospel According To Scott Rudin- Page 4

The Gospel According To Scott Rudin

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#75The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 2:20pm

Keep holding desperately to that victim status; maybe it'll keep you warm at night.

HarveNYC
#76The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 2:25pm

Actually there is, not just every business, but any business that serves Alcohol

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#77The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 2:27pm

HarveNYC said: "Well, in fact the guard said water was ok, not not the bottle.
So, if I were to have had an empty bottle, he'd have still taken it.
He actually said "if it were in a gym-cup it would be ok"
So, it was seemingly NOT a "Food" or "Beverage" Issue, it was a "Plastic Bottle" Issue, so I stand by my statement that I was Uninformed.
"

So how exactly are they supposed to inform you of this? If you don't go on the theater website to research, don't purchase tickets online for follow-up information... I'm not sure what you think they could do in advance here? Does the person at the box office have to read all the theater rules before processing payment?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#78The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 2:59pm

My suggestion is if this bartender was so rude, and you did not know of the other water foumtains and needed the water right away, you should have asked for the house manager.

I am all for taking those moisy bottle away at the door. Had a woman behind me at Dolly when I saw it constantly squeezing one umtil I turned around and told her to stop, after a few glances back at her.

As far as it being a goddamed bottle of water, well, if you think you are going to be takimg water into the theater or may want some, be prepared to pay for it or ask when you enter where a fountain is located. They have the right to not let things into the building. I ask a lot when I go in where a fountain is. A sip from the fountain does me fine before a show. I also don't think age is a thing. I am in my 50's and have no problem. I climb up and down stairs at theaters all the time, even with a weak knee. Just my random thoughts.

Just give the world Love.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#79The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 3:16pm

I can recall the water fountains in a number of theatres that i've been in lately (my husband always wants a sip and is always looking for them) have cups in a container on the side of them so you don't actually have to bend over and sip from a fountain.  You can actually fill up a FREE cup that attached to the fountain.

HarveNYC
#80The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 3:51pm

I took the guard at his word that I could get some from the bar and at the time I had no reason to disbelieve him.
I did not scoop out the water fountains or determine if there were cops to be had because I never expected to require them.
I’m sure the bartender was just trying to get everyone served and well he seemed particularly Kurt with me, I can’t blame him for wanting to do his job, however when I asked him if he had something for me to put water in , And there’s a stack of paper cups right in front of him, I would have expected him to have said yes, instead what he said was No and continue to tell me that if I wanted water I needed to pay him five dollars for it.
If you were for me, I love just got downstairs and had a sip from the fountain, if you have given me one of the dozens of paper cups he has sitting there, I’d of never thought twice about it, but the fact that he was essentially giving me no option for getting my wife a cup of water is what really infuriated me.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#81The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 3:55pm

HarveNYC said: "And there’s a stack of paper cups right in front of him, I would have expected him to have said yes"

Aaaaand there it is.

You were not entitled to the bartender's paper cups, sir. The Shubert did not shut off the water valve and crank up the heat and lock you inside the house. There were options available to you that you decided weren't convenient. That's your problem. Not Scott Rudin's, not the bartender's, not the security guard's. Yours. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#82The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:03pm

"I’m sure the bartender was just trying to get everyone served and well he seemed particularly Kurt with me..."

Did he seem Friedrich with others?

HarveNYC
#83The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:05pm

Yes, I’m soooooo entitled Who in gods green earth do I think I am to ask for a paper cup? Today a paper cup, tomorrow the world… And anarchy would ensue. Anyway, I wasn’t talking about entitlement, I was talking about human decency, but I guess some people don’t know anything about that.

JSquared2
#84The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:06pm

HarveNYC said: " I took the guard at his word that I could get some from the bar and at the time I had no reason to disbelieve him.
I did not scoop out the water fountains or determine if there were cops to be had because I never expected to require them.
I’m sure the bartender was just trying to get everyone served and well he seemed particularly Kurt with me,

That's funny --- when I saw the show he seemed more like Freidrich to me (with maybe just a splash of Gretl)!

Oh...and also please give it up.  It seems that no one is taking your side on this issue, and rightfully so!

JSquared2
#85The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:07pm

newintown said: ""I’m sure the bartender was just trying to get everyone served and well he seemed particularly Kurt with me..."

Did he seem Friedrich with others?
"

Hehe.  newintown you beat me to it!

Jazzman714
#86The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:29pm

Jeez - you people are being way too hard on HarveNYC. He's right -- this "no water allowed" rule is bull$hit. When I'm paying top dollar for a ticket, I don't need to be treated like a child or a peon. And guys, yes: water IS essential and during a two hour+ show can be invaluable.

That being said, HarveNYC, in the future just bring a small 8 oz bottle with you. I fit it into my pants pocket and the security guards -- who are completely distracted by their search of my backpack -- are none the wiser.

HarveNYC
#87The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 4:36pm

Thanks man, I hear you’re opening yourself up to the ire of all the sycophants on this board
Obviously, in the future I will know better, but I have to say I’m really surprised at the attitudes of all the people giving me so much crap for trying to be a good husband.

Not that it matters, because you could possibly value the opinion of such people.
Thank you to the three of you actually responded in a caring and compassionate, and helpful manner.

It’s nice to know there are some decent people here, even if they’re few and far between.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#88The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 5:10pm

Jazzman714 said: "And guys, yes: water IS essential and during a two hour+ show can be invaluable."

Yeah, they should at least put in free fountains or sell it there or something...

JSquared2
#89The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 5:15pm

Jazzman714 said: "Jeez - you people are being way too hard on HarveNYC. He's right -- this "no water allowed" rule is bull$hit. When I'm paying top dollar for a ticket, I don't need to be treated like a child or a peon. And guys, yes: water IS essential and during a two hour+ show can be invaluable.

Except that when one is acting like a spoiled child, that's exactly how he SHOULD be treated!  And yes, water IS essential --- but not every f**king 5 minutes. How on earth did people ever manage to sit through an entire act before the days of bottled water??  Guess what --- somehow they did!

UncleCharlie
#90The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 5:18pm

My favorite posts are those by "brand new" members who somehow magically find a long buried thread from 2 years ago. They seemingly just joined to complain mightily about some perceived injustice, then complain about everyone not instantly sharing their outrage and are then never to be heard from again after this thread. You guys are the best.

Updated On: 2/15/18 at 05:18 PM

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#91The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 5:32pm

You also have to remember that the bartenders are employees of the house.  I know in some places they do a very tight inventory of EVERYTHING including the cups and match it against the receipts.  If they give it to one person they end up having to give it to everyone.

Fosse76
#92The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin
Posted: 2/15/18 at 6:20pm

HarveNYC said: "Actually there is, not just every business, but any business that serves Alcohol"

No, there's not.