pixeltracker

Hamilton New Block of Tickets- Page 7

Hamilton New Block of Tickets

Sylver1
#150Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:58am

This is probably just me but I remember in 1997 when Streisand was doing her first tour and she still had a great voice… And I've loved her forever....just could not bring myself to spend $350 for a seat… Just felt I was being taken advantage of. Feel the same way about this. $849 for most of the orchestra...geez!!! It is really bad karma for a show that in all ways has been about the opposite. It's almost like the producers are going to put the scalpers out of business by becoming scalpers themselves! And before anyone starts jumping up-and-down on Mr. Miranda....From what I've read he owns less than 10% of the show so he probably doesn't have much of a say in this… And I have a feeling he would not be pleased.

The producers clearly made a strictly financial decision… which is their right. How much is a gallon of water worth in the desert? This moment in time is probably the ultimate frenzy situation for the show… It is going to clean up Sunday night etc. etc. people are going to be hungry to see it even more so than now…  after the Tony telecast people who didn't even know they wanted to see it are going to want to see it… And they are taking absolutely full advantage of that situation. I have a feeling a year from now tickets will be nowhere near this high even straight from the box office….overall I just think it was a really arrogant and somewhat despicable move on their part… Anyone with a financial stake in the show is absolutely positively set financially for life… Why do they have to be pigs? Because they can? That's just wrong… So disappointing.

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 11:58 AM

10086sunset
#151Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:58am

mariel9 said: "I hope they held a lot back. I just checked 8-10 Tuesday and Thursday nights in February and May, and there's nothing available in the front mezz and very little in the rear mezz. I understand raising the prices so more of the money goes to the show and less to the scalpers, but limiting the pre-sale to the wealthy is just awful if they didn't hold a significant number of seats back for the public sale. Rich people aren't the ones having a hard time getting tickets to this show.

"

They held a fair amount of seats back for the public onsale. 

This presale was the chance to try and sell $849 tickets on people who wouldn't care. Seems like they did care and chose the $179-$199 seats.

bdboston
#152Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:05pm

Sylver1 said: "I have a feeling a year from now tickets will be nowhere near this high even straight from the box office…"

Interesting theory. Does anyone know of instances where ticket prices from the box office/TM/Telecharge have ever come down during a run? Even long-running shows like Phantom see minimal increases every year or so.

Sylver1
#153Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:09pm

With touring companies in major cities and with the talk about the show literally dying down… I just don't see how they can possibly sell out most of the orchestra at $849 a ticket a year or so from now. I think they're trying to gauge what they can get away with… And the next round of tickets will be priced accordingly… But a year from now? Or year from now when they release new tickets I mean… I can't see how they could possibly still be this high…

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#154Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:20pm

Does anyone know, is the $849 premium seat price a Broadway record? 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#155Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:27pm

My Amex Platinum Delta is not eligible. Apparently, if you get the miles, you don't get the presale.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#156Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:50pm

I'm surprised more of you don't seem outraged about the $849, I just saw and was flabbergasted. looks like Reidel wasn't too far off! (when he suggested $999 we were all "yeah right!"...or at least I was.) I love the show but come on producers, that's crazy. I obviously get they're attempting to get some of the cash the scalpers have been getting and it will probably work (until the scalpers then sell those for $4000 each to make the same profit margin). But hey, they tried.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/7/16 at 12:50 PM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#157Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:05pm

nvm

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 01:05 PM

aaaaaa15
#158Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:08pm

I'm sure LMM's dad helped his son financially many times and if Lin wants to return the favor, who are we to judge?

No one is going to root against them winning the Tony because of this, you need to let go of that notion because it's bizarre.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#159Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:09pm

his dad actually makes a weekly percentage from the show (at least I read that somewhere I can't recall at the moment) for some kind of political consultation or something of the sort.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Margo319
#160Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:23pm

Yes Gyspy, he gets 1% of profits made.

ebontoyan
#161Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:31pm

I'm sure the Tony voting deadline has come and gone. Root against all you want that's not going to change the result. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#162Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:32pm

oh, profits? for some reason I thought that royalties were percentages of the revenue, not profit. Still, 1% adds up when they make almost 2 million a week in gross.

Sylver1
#163Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:32pm

Doing some quick math based on the rumored profits at the moment…means Lin's dad is currently making about five grand a week or 250 a year… When all the roadshows etc. are up and running… God knows what that will become. Pretty nice retirement plan… Which means his son is probably making 5 to 10 times that.  Not saying this begrudgingly...his family story is quite amazing and a son looking out for his dad… Nothing wrong with that.  And if that percentage counts for the record deal and books etc.… Probably more than that… Now… As I have said earlier....The big-time producers of the show who are really raking it in? Based on this new allotment of tickets and the pricing… They are pigs!

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#164Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:33pm

nvm

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 01:33 PM

aaaaaa15
#165Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:42pm

Lin and other cast members have done lots for Graham Windham and other charities and organizations. I really doubt Graham Windham are complaining about what Hamilton has done for their company.

Liza's Headband
#166Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:56pm

Jesus Christ. I think some of you have officially lost your minds. If only some of you would put this kind of effort into more serious issues, we might make real progress.... The homelessness rate of veterans, school choice in urban communities, the persecution of refugees, etc. 

Are we really criticizing LMM for nepotism? Do you not realize this sort of thing happens every day in the industry?? It's all incestual nepotism in some form or fashion... 

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#167Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:59pm

Yeah, sarahb22, God forbid a successful artist helps his father's charity! It's absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of! What a horrible awful human being to have the nerve to use his success to benefit his own father and his father's philanthropic work! I think we should protest outside the show. I can't even type this without throwing up I'm so disgusted by such despicable behavior! Did I use enough exclamation points to show how utterly disgusting this is?! 

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

miatamel
#168Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 2:10pm

So, let me ask based on the prices we saw for pre-sale this morning and the likely free-for-all that will be Sunday night....(and I am truly sorry for wearing y'all out like this, it is just so important to get this right as this will be a big trip for us)

If I wanted to go ahead and buy the tickets for fall at resale prices, should I go ahead and do that before Sunday night when they will likely jump?  Fall just works better for us, schedule wise, though I hate to think of missing out on possibly affording four tickets instead of the one I can do for fall (for my daughter).  Someone mentioned to me before waiting on July when cast changes are announced but I'm afraid I'll wait that late and tickets will be harder to come by and really not any less expensive (and harder to start planning and budgeting for the trip).

Liza's Headband
#169Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 2:12pm

I personally believe resale prices will decline following the departure of the original cast but there are no guarantees in show business. Proceed at your own risk. Sorry that none of us have a crystal ball! 

nyskier
#170Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 2:16pm

gypsy101 said: "I'm surprised more of you don't seem outraged about the $849, I just saw and was flabbergasted. looks like Reidel wasn't too far off! (when he suggested $999 we were all "yeah right!"...or at least I was.) I love the show but come on producers, that's crazy. I obviously get they're attempting to get some of the cash the scalpers have been getting and it will probably work (until the scalpers then sell those for $4000 each to make the same profit margin). But hey, they tried.

"

The issue is the scalpers are getting at least that much.  From the Producers perspective, if that's what the market will bear, they should get the profits themselves rather than resellers.  If the market won't bear that price, then they will lower the prices.  Mormon did that at some point as the demand for premium lessened.  And the tickets for the block before this one went super fast at high prices, so they are testing.  I think people underestimate that the show is a bigger star than many of the cast members -- I think this show will succeed and they will have no problem finding excellent replacements.  Of course, at some point the demand will die down, but there are also many "Hamilfans" that have and will want to see the show multiple times.  

Sylver1
#171Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 2:18pm

Personally I would wait. The OBC will be gone… As well a lot of the craziness… Things at some point have to calm down.  Unless of course it matters to you whether you want to see it this fall or a year from fall. The other sad truth of this entire situation is that it just made any existing scalper seat in the orchestra that much more sellable and/or valuable. Maybe scalpers weren't selling any seats for 849 in the orchestra anyway… But now I can see them raising them a couple hundred bucks just because they think they can… Broadway shows have had expensive tops before… But never such a huge block of seats at this high of a price. Didn't the show "The Producers" get some flack for $475 seats? I am waiting for the backlash… I think there will be one… And I think the producers deserve it. And unfortunately I think a lot of people are going to blame Lin....Which isn't fair. 

#172Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 2:38pm

"We have the check stubs from separate accounts"

"Almost a thousand dollars, paid in different amounts."

Yeah, that was just for a single next March. 

sundaymourning6am
#173Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 3:38pm

You make it sound like Lin comes from nothing. I'm pretty sure he grew up in Manhattan, his father was a political advisor, and he went to private school. 

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 03:38 PM

nyskier
#174Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/7/16 at 3:48pm

sundaymourning6am said: "You make it sound like Lin comes from nothing. I'm pretty sure he grew up in Manhattan, his father was a political advisor, and he went to private school. 

"

He grew up in Washington Heights, which while in Manhattan was not a wealthy neighborhood.  He went to Hunter Elementary School/High School, which is a well known public gifted and talented school. His parents were smart and educated, but he was not wealthy.  And it likely was not his decision but rather the producers to raise the ticket prices....