pixeltracker

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?- Page 3

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?

broadwayboy223
#50Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/21/16 at 10:03pm

So did we find out what show filmed last night? Also do they really not know what they're gonna do with the filmed Hamilton? I hope they intend to release it. Sooner than later. I don't feel like waiting ten years to see it.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#51Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/21/16 at 10:42pm

There is what seems to be a lot of footage that was filmed for publicity, used in the Hamilton montage on Broadway.com, used on 60 minutes and wherever the show needs to lend a visual.  I'd be happy with this recording in 20 years.  The maximum of this footage I've seen is on YouTube called "Ten Minutes of Hamilton Clips" uploaded in a mirrored video.  Faces look odd but seeing Leslie sing "The Room Where It Happens"  just makes me glad.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#52Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/21/16 at 10:45pm

No, it doesn't seem to have yet been filmed.

Groff WILL be a part of filming:  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/21/hamilton-jonathan-groff

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#53Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 5:53am

dramamama611 said: "No, it doesn't seem to have yet been filmed.

Groff WILL be a part of filming:  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/21/hamilton-jonathan-groff

"

This is obviously great, but am I the only one who noticed he called it an archival recording? I thought this was supposed to be for retail release and for Lincoln Center

EDIT: I didn't see there was more article at the bottom. I'm dumb

Updated On: 6/22/16 at 05:53 AM

dramamama611
#54Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 6:00am

It has not been officially stated what it would be used for. (Other than using parts of it for October's documentary.) No promise of retail release was ever made.

And the Lincoln Center collection IS  archival.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#55Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 6:56am

dramamama611 said: "It has not been officially stated what it would be used for. (Other than using parts of it for October's documentary.) No promise of retail release was ever made.

And the Lincoln Center collection IS  archival.

"

I know that Lincoln Centher is archival. That's why I said and archival. The quote made it seem like it was just for archival purposes. But then he said they'll put it away for a while and he wasn't sure what they'd do with it. I imagine it will get released years from now

smidge
#56Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:00am

Someone on the other board said there will be a Sunday and Tuesday filming this week with Javier performing Sunday. This is the first I've heard of a possible Javier filming.

dramamama611
#57Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:10am

It wouldn't suprise me if they use Javi's footage for the documentary.   But time will tell.  (You know, if this is even true.)

Liza's Headband
#58Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:46am

HogansHero said: "Liza's Headband said: "No, you're not. I felt the same way, too. Her post was not only excessive but borderline stalkerish, and it made me very uncomfortable. "

So googling something to determine the actual facts in a sea of mythology is borderline stalkerish? Sheesh. Moon you did nothing wrong; Gypsy you did nothing wrong. Now get back in the sandbox but watch out for your eyes. 

"

A simple Google search is not borderline stalkish. Sifting through hundreds of social media posts and organizing/compiling them into a crafted narrative for other strangers to observe is. Do you understand now?  Thanks. 

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#59Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:15am

smidge said: "Someone on the other board said there will be a Sunday and Tuesday filming this week with Javier performing Sunday. This is the first I've heard of a possible Javier filming.

"

But Javi posted on Twitter on the 19th that he's on vacation, "see y'all next week," so is he even doing the matinee on the 26th?

smidge
#60Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 11:30am

You're absolutely correct Anakela. I forgot about that. It's possibly he could be returning from vacation but more likely the ATC poster had bad info.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#61Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:42pm

@smidge, it makes no sense. The person posting is pretending to know something he or she doesn't. 

@headband, I understand you are sometimes diction-challenged. thanks. 

Liza's Headband
#62Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 1:43pm

HogansHero said: "@smidge, it makes no sense. The person posting is pretending to know something he or she doesn't. 

@headband, I understand you are sometimes diction-challenged. thanks. 

"

You would know a thing or two about that, wouldn't you? Also, as witty as you try to be, your response to my response makes no sense. 

kbeth
#63Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 1:44pm

I'm in the cancellation line today and there are the same signs posted in front of the RRT for a film shoot of an "Untitled Broadway Musical" happening 6 am-6 am I think 6/22? Or maybe 6/23, I have to double check. I can get a picture if necessary.

Liza's Headband
#64Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 1:47pm

Right. We are aware. But we've also concluded, through both reasonable detective work and excessively unnecessary stalking, that it's not for this particular project. It may be for another show/musical or project, such as the PBS documentary...

paphillyguy
#65Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:16pm

It is scheduled tentatively to be filmed Sunday without an audience in a special performance.  However, there are still contracts that are in negotiation that will need to be worked out before this will happen OR it will be performed with out that actor(s)

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#66Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:33pm

Liza's Headband said: "You would know a thing or two about that, wouldn't you? Also, as witty as you try to be, your response to my response makes no sense. "

If you could identify a case where I posted something (that was not just my opinion) that I pretended to know but didn't, I'd be interested in hearing about it as that is not something I do. If you could identify what didn't make sense to you, I'll try to walk you through it. If you actually have nothing meaningful to contribute, then I'm not interested in your twaddle.

paphillyguy
#67Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:43pm

I love the word Twaddle!

neonlightsxo
#68Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:44pm

paphillyguy, you can say it's Leslie. We know.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#69Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:55pm

IF as has been rumored there is not be a shoot on Friday and/or Sunday nights, with or without an audience, it would make sense that the groundwork is being laid during the week, and hence that they got a permit on 46th for several days in advance. They are obviously time restricted by the ongoing show schedule and they obviously cannot load in anything while, as an example, there is a million person ham4ham mob on 46th. At some point, we will have some of the spate of questions here answered. 

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#70Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:56pm

Not to be all "unnecessary stalking" about it, but if they're supposedly filming this Sunday as is being claimed...

https://ticketing.frameline.org/festival/film/detail.aspx?id=3698&FID=53

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#71Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:18pm

Anakela said: "Not to be all "unnecessary stalking" about it, but if they're supposedly filming this Sunday as is being claimed...

https://ticketing.frameline.org/festival/film/detail.aspx?id=3698&FID=53
"

Well it says "expected to appear" but I can say that Groff's name was not there initially so it was added recently. So I guess the filming is another day or on multiple days? It's a guessing game apparently...

schubox
#72Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:23pm

What are your thoughts on filming without an audience? I get the desire for a clean show, but I think some parts would be enhanced by an audience. Like the rap battles and Jefferson's entrance. If course they could do one with and one without and use the one without for cover. They can always redo stuff with no audience 

Liza's Headband
#73Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:26pm

schubox said: "What are your thoughts on filming without an audience? I get the desire for a clean show, but I think some parts would be enhanced by an audience. Like the rap battles and Jefferson's entrance. If course they could do one with and one without and use the one without for cover. They can always redo stuff with no audience 

"

As has been stated here numerous times, the majority of commercially produced, filmed performances (LEGALLY BLONDE, SHREK, INTO THE WOODS, PASSING STRANGE, RENT, etc.) do include footage from performances without an audience for angles/shots and close-ups that may be impossible with a live audience present. They then splice it in with the footage from one -- or two -- performances filmed in front of a live audience... 

jo
#74Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:41pm

One other option, just like they did for the Royal National Theatre revival of OKLAHOMA! in 1998, the show was filmed in a sound stage  (used for filming movies) for a few weeks... and that was the mainstay performance in the released DVD/video. It was however spliced with scenes from a performance at the RNT home in the South Bank.  This combination was referred to in the DVD features that accompanied the filmed performance.  However, filming it separately on a sound stage, was very expensive ( almost $ 4 million then, if I recall right from a report from the defunct Kodak company) but they were able to get sponsors for the subsidy.