pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 10

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

curel1
Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#226ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 4:34pm

Looks WAY too close to The Crown and Queen Elizabeth-ike.

Updated On: 2/2/17 at 04:34 PM

FiddleMeThis
#227ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 7:51pm

This is some really exciting artwork and the best thing they could be doing. The mystery element is the best and most interesting part of the show. 

Nothing in A compares to the big reveal in BANDSTAND. Sorry, but it's true. A has some great material and some lovely moments but it doesn't add up to a satisfying show. It's for fangirls of the film only. 

broadwayguy91
#228ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 9:29pm

Tag said: "Looks WAY too close to The Crown and Queen Elizabeth-ike.

"

maybe thats the point. lol

curel1
#229ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 9:31pm

FiddleMeThis said: "This is some really exciting artwork and the best thing they could be doing. The mystery element is the best and most interesting part of the show. 

Nothing in A compares to the big reveal in BANDSTAND. Sorry, but it's true. A has some great material and some lovely moments but it doesn't add up to a satisfying show. It's for fangirls of the film only. 

"

Why are you comparing this to Bandstand?

broadwayguy91
#230ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 9:37pm

obviously a shill working for the Broadway production of Bandstand. Geez. either that, or a bitter Laura Osnes fan.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#231ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 9:52pm

Gorgeous! I have a new wallpaper for my phone now

broadwayguy91
#232ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 10:35pm

great idea disneybroadwayfan22. totally gonna do that too.

ryankon
#233ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/2/17 at 11:44pm

I've seen both Anastasia and Groundhog Day.  Anastasia was very good but needs some work.  Groundhog Day?  Annoying and--with the exception of some genuine laughs--seriously derivative.  Pay attention to the score and tell me it didn't rip off Mary Poppins(i'm serious--listen closely).  

I've thought a lot about why I didn't like Groundhog Day and I think the primary reason is it's yet another story about a bad behaving guy turned good.  And we're supposed to celebrate this?  Oh thank you Mr Lout for now behaving better.  I'm sorry but I'm sick of that narrative.  It's anti feminist, tone deaf to our times and another example of us being expected to bow down and celebrate the fact that some pig is now behaving better.  We deserve better.  These times deserve better.  Forgive the pun but Groundhog Day just repeats a dominant cultural narrative we've too long been fed. 

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#234ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 3:53am

Re: the new poster, it would be interesting if they also had some 'rival' posters in different styles showing the other facets of the myth, and very different visual representations of Anya/Anastasia. For example, "Job opportunity: actress to portray Grand Duchess Anastasia, must appear to be current age of Duchess if had survived, details of role provided upon appointment" and "Reward for capture: Anya, seditious royalist impostor, dead or alive". Perhaps that would be too confusing for a marketing campaign, but fan artists, get on it!

VintageSnarker
#235ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 5:19am

I wish they'd leaned more into the artwork they already have, or really the artwork of the movie. All those rich, deep colors. Fan123, I like your ideas and they also make me realize why I didn't love this poster when I first saw it. I mean, yes it just looks generically princess-y which isn't particularly thrilling. But it also fails to communicate the story effectively. If the Dowager Empress had really put out a Missing poster, why would it have the image of an older Anastasia in a crown and ballgown with her face in shadow? That makes no sense. Think about how missing children ads usually look, even when try to use technology to age the children up. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#236ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:15am

Fan123: They're adding all of the artwork today, so that might be a thing.

Vintage: Agreed. If they really want to be stuck in the time period, they should have designed it like a French/Russian wanted poster. But, that picture is gorgeous! And also, they spelled Anya wrong :P Unless, that's the French name for Anya?

Updated On: 2/3/17 at 07:15 AM

curel1
#237ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 8:24am

VintageSnarker said: "I wish they'd leaned more into the artwork they already have, or really the artwork of the movie. All those rich, deep colors. Fan123, I like your ideas and they also make me realize why I didn't love this poster when I first saw it. I mean, yes it just looks generically princess-y which isn't particularly thrilling. But it also fails to communicate the story effectively. If the Dowager Empress had really put out a Missing poster, why would it have the image of an older Anastasia in a crown and ballgown with her face in shadow? That makes no sense. Think about how missing children ads usually look, even when try to use technology to age the children up. 

"

Because it's a poster advertising a musical and not an actual wanted poster? It may seem generically princess-y but to those who have no idea what Anastasia is about, this gives them an idea. The 'Missing" part itself is eye catching. especially if this is gonna be posted outside the theatre. It's also getting a great reception om social media.

curel1
#238ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:15pm

A look at the outside of the theater

https://twitter.com/anastasiabway/status/827619326719098880

disneybroadwayfan22
#239ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:33pm

So gorgeous! Why Gleb though, and not the Dowager Empress or Vlad?

sephyr
#240ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:35pm

Does anybody know if there has been a discount code released for the show?

Willie4316
#241ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:41pm

andmx1101 

March 23 - May 28 

Orch $109, Mezz $79

sephyr
#242ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 5:09pm

Willie4316 said: "andmx1101 

March 23 - May 28 

Orch $109, Mezz $79

"

Thank you!

VintageSnarker
#243ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 6:45pm

curel1 said: "
Because it's a poster advertising a musical and not an actual wanted poster? It may seem generically princess-y but to those who have no idea what Anastasia is about, this gives them an idea. The 'Missing" part itself is eye catching. especially if this is gonna be posted outside the theatre. It's also getting a great reception om social media."

I understand that but it's illogical. If you truly don't know anything about the show, you would assume that 27 year old Anastasia is missing and that 1917 is recent in the timeline of the show. That is, it seems like she recently went missing as an adult. And it implies that when she went missing she was in full Princess Diaries mode. 

I've been staying away from a lot of the promotional materials, video for the show but do they have an actress playing Young Anya? It would make more sense to have her on the poster. 

broadwayguy91
#244ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:11pm

VintageSnarker said: "curel1 said: "
Because it's a poster advertising a musical and not an actual wanted poster? It may seem generically princess-y but to those who have no idea what Anastasia is about, this gives them an idea. The 'Missing" part itself is eye catching. especially if this is gonna be posted outside the theatre. It's also getting a great reception om social media."

I understand that but it's illogical. If you truly don't know anything about the show, you would assume that 27 year old Anastasia is missing and that 1917 is recent in the timeline of the show. That is, it seems like she recently went missing as an adult. And it implies that when she went missing she was in full Princess Diaries mode. 

I've been staying away from a lot of the promotional materials, video for the show but do they have an actress playing Young Anya? It would make more sense to have her on the poster. 

"

there is an actress playing child Anya and another actress who plays teenage Anya, but they only appear briefly in the scenes before "A Rumor in St. Petersburg" (the child Anya keeps appearing periodically in flashback scenes etc) but the Anya who is on stage 85 percent of the time is Christy.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#245ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/17/17 at 1:11pm

Y'all. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, Christy Altomare has GOT IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkmYWdz75JY

curel1
#246ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/17/17 at 1:15pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Y'all. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, Christy Altomare has GOT IT.

"

So good!

disneybroadwayfan22
#247ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/17/17 at 2:50pm

I can't wait for all of you to see her. She is astonishing. And wait until she puts her acting in the song.   

curel1
#248ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/19/17 at 9:26am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Y'all. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, Christy Altomare has GOT IT.

"

Already over 100k views!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#249ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/19/17 at 4:12pm

That video is simply glorious. Looking forward to this show.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "