pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 7

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

neonlightsxo
#150ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:22am

We don't know that Mary Beth Peil is not transferring yet. Her role has not been announced.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#151ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/23/16 at 12:58pm

Despite being a 90s child, I didn't have THAT strong of a connection to the animated movie. This said, the visuals and cast and writing team will make this a must-see for me!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

nycncbrguy
#152ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/24/16 at 1:03am

broadwayguy91 said: "kinda disappointed Mary Beth Peil isn't transferring with the production. She was perfect for the part.

"Having seen Anastasia in Hartford, I think Bernadette Peters would be perfect as the Dowager Empress!!!

Updated On: 9/24/16 at 01:03 AM

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#153ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:47am

I love Bernadette Peters, but I worry that she'd upstage the whole production.  If I were casting BP for a production (at this stage in her career), I think I'd rather cast her in a comedy or comedic role where her huge presence wouldn't be a distraction.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#154ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:34am

I think Bernadette is a bit too young for the role, or at least looks too young for the part.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#155ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:59am

I think Peil will transfer with the show, given that she was slated to appear at the Flea Market alongside Christy and Derek (though I know she had to pull out).

If she does come in, it'll be the 3rd time I've seen her on Broadway...I first saw her in the Follies revival and then in The Visit. Couldn't be three more different pieces!

broadwayguy91
#156ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/28/16 at 10:37am

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I think Peil will transfer with the show, given that she was slated to appear at the Flea Market alongside Christy and Derek (though I know she had to pull out).

If she does come in, it'll be the 3rd time I've seen her on Broadway...I first saw her in the Follies revival and then in The Visit. Couldn't be three more different pieces!

"

Thanks for the info re Mary Beth Peil. I also just saw that her stint in les liaisons dangereus is only until January since it is a limited run . Is it possible for her to be nominated for both featured actress in a play and featured actress in a musical (has that happened before for any of the acting categories ?) ?

neonlightsxo
#157ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/28/16 at 10:39am

Yes. It happens often.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#158ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/28/16 at 10:52am

broadwayguy91, another possibility of that happening this season is Christian Borle receiving nominations for his upcoming work in Falsettos and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Wouldn't say it happens "often," but it is definitely a possibility that happens every now and then!

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#159ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 10/6/16 at 4:11pm

It feels good to be right! Hehe

neonlightsxo
#160ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 10/6/16 at 4:41pm

I knew she would too. No reason not to. Glad she's staying with the show, though. She was perfect in Hartford.

disneybroadwayfan22
#161ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 10/6/16 at 4:47pm

Thank God! Hoping to see her give a Tony speech next year :)

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#162ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/7/16 at 12:03pm

I'm thrilled too to see Mary Beth Peil again. Also Ramin Karimloo, and Caroline O'Connor should be lots of fun as Lily. She was so good in "A Christmas Story" and absolutely tap-tap-tappy great on the Tony Awards when they did "Red Ryder...You'll Shoot Your Eye Out"..BB Gun". These kids are so good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjuyJywolsI  

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Daddy Warbucks
#163ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/7/16 at 2:41pm

Thanks for reminding me that Caroline O'Connor is ALSO in the cast.  This is a really strong group. Loved Caroline O'Connor in Moulin Rouge.  And she was fabulous in Anastasia when I saw it at Hartford.  

Here's for a throwback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6vjOURS3E

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#164ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/7/16 at 4:09pm

Do you think Row B (technically the 3rd row) is too close for this show?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Daddy Warbucks
#165ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/7/16 at 5:07pm

Having seen Hartford, I wouldn't think it would be too close as compared to any show.  I personally like to sit a little further back, of course.  Seeing so clearly the makeup and the mics distracts me a little bit from the illusion -- that's with any show.  But third row would be amazing nonetheless. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#166ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/17/16 at 3:31pm

Huh. Manoel Felciano will be in the ensemble of AMELIE. Did he choose a ensemble part over a leading role? ??

FiddleMeThis
#167ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/17/16 at 10:07pm

Not cast in the Broadway production, so his options were open. 

broadwayguy91
#168ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/17/16 at 11:01pm

Manuel was most likely let go from the production (as in, they did not offer him a new contract for the broadway production) ... Yes Gleb the character needs a lot of rewriting but physically and vocally he did not fit the character . They are better off going with Ramin who ticks those 2 boxes better. 

Updated On: 10/17/16 at 11:01 PM

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#169ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 10/17/16 at 11:20pm

Daddy Warbucks said: "Thanks for reminding me that Caroline O'Connor is ALSO in the cast.  This is a really strong group. Loved Caroline O'Connor in Moulin Rouge. "

My only experience with Ms. O'Connor comes from the wonderful Tonys number from A CHRISTMAS STORY: You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out! Never work with kids, they say, but she clearly holds her own against a dozen cute tapping kids. Even when the one kid has his tap solo, I'm watching her...her expression is classic. Can't wait to see her in-person on stage.

Updated On: 10/17/16 at 11:20 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#170ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/10/16 at 4:24pm

Has Ramin Karimloo dropped out? The Playbill Vault is listing Manoel Felciano as Gleb.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#171ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/10/16 at 4:32pm

Oh gosh, please, no! The official website still lists Ramin in the cast...

RockStarNYC
#172ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/10/16 at 5:09pm

Actually, iif you look at the bracketed year next to Anastasia, it's 2016. This could just be Playbill referencing the Hartford cast while, despite listing the Broadhurst, not updating for Broadway until complete cast is announced or it gets closer to starting performances.

neonlightsxo
#173ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/10/16 at 10:17pm

Playbill ****s up all the time. Don't take that as fact. 

broadwayguy91
#174ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/17/16 at 7:48pm

Promo performances from the cast at Broadway Under the Stars at Time Warner Centre:

- Christy Altomare performing Journey to the Past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7dJ2AZ0gI

- Christy Altomare , Derek Klena performing My Petersburg, Once Upon A December and In A crowd of Thousands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHlA4cLe3U

Updated On: 11/17/16 at 07:48 PM