Platt

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:35pm

I couldn't really find an answer on google so ill ask here. Are Marc Platt and Jon Platt related?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Liza's Headband
#2Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:37pm

Are you referring to Jonah Platt, who starred as Fieyro in WICKED? If so, yes. That is Marc Platt's son. He is also Ben Platt's brother. 

Updated On: 7/9/16 at 09:37 PM

BwayFan832
#3Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:40pm

Producers Marc Platt and Jon Platt are, oddly enough, from the same town, but are NOT related.

Call_me_jorge
#4Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:41pm

Liza's Headband said: "Are you referring to Jonah Platt, who starred as Fieyro in WICKED? If so, yes. That is Marc Platt's son. He is also Ben Platt's brother. 

"

God. Please go away.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Liza's Headband
#5Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:42pm

...Says the petulant child with the vocabulary and spelling skills of a five-year-old. 

jo
#6Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 11:16pm

Wkipedia notes confirm that Jonah is the son of Marc Platt and the brother of Ben.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Platt_(producer)

Call_me_jorge
#7Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 11:33pm

Jon platt is a totally different person than Jonah platt!

asmith0307
#8Platt
Posted: 7/9/16 at 11:34pm

So, to summarize:

Marc Platt - father

Jonah Platt - son

Ben Platt - son

+ 3 other kids (two daughters and a son I think)

Jon B. Platt - no relation

Updated On: 7/9/16 at 11:34 PM

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#9Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 5:15am

What about Ed Platt, the actor who played the "Chief" on the old Don Adams sit-com Get Smart? Any relation to any of these Platts?

What about the 50's group The Platters? Any relation? 

broadwayguy91
#10Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 5:46am

maybe you can use a more clear thread title next time, Call_me_jorge? like "are Jon Platt (NOT Jonah Platt) and Marc Platt related?"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 6:39am

Oh, come on.   How was he suppose to know people would misconstrue his post?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mar6411
#12Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 8:15am

FishermanBob!  Welcome back!  Haven't seen you post in quite a while.  Glad to have you back.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#13Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 12:01pm

why would Jorge say "Jon" when he meant "Jonah"? does Jonah go by "Jon" to his friends?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#14Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:24pm

If Jonah does go by Jon to his friends, that would make Jorge a personal friend. I love this thread. Amen.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#15Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:54pm

HEY! don forget Oliver Platt!

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#16Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:38pm

Put 'em all together and I guess you got "The Platters"

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#17Platt
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:40pm

But don't go S!Platt!