pixeltracker

Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday- Page 4

Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#75Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:35pm

And now Renee is leaving sooner than expected for a Netflix show.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 12:35 PM

trpguyy
#76Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:46pm

Andy Jones, the GM, and his company Baseline Theatrical, have only ever GMed one other show - The Last Ship. To say that Hamilton has been a learn-on-the-go experience, and that it's not necessarily going well for everyone involved, would be an understatement.

Liza's Headband
#77Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:47pm

Sooner than expected??? I didn't realize you knew how long she had extended for. 

Shes leaving in the fall for a television show. That could be September... It could be November. Also, it's television.  The paycheck will be exponentially hire. The only "fire" here is the principal actors realize their stock has risen dramatically, and they need to take advantage of that while they can. 

It is a reasonable business decision and I'm sure the producers are more than happy to oblige, as it will reduce their weekly operating costs. Again: I do not see the big deal here. It's show business, people. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#78Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:48pm

What's the source of Renee leaving

Tandrews
#79Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:49pm

trpguyy said: "Andy Jones, the GM, and his company Baseline Theatrical, have only ever GMed one other show - The Last Ship. To say that Hamilton has been a learn-on-the-go experience, and that it's not necessarily going well for everyone involved, would be an understatement.

"

^^^^^^^This! 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#80Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:51pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "What's the source of Renee leaving"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/renee-elise-goldsberry-exit-hamilton-910560?utm_source=twitter

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#81Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:55pm

there is so much mis-information and conjecture (not to mention unsubstantiated gossip parading as inside knowledge) in this thread that it makes one's head spin. There are weird things going down but none are weirder than most of what's being said here. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#82Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:55pm

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/renee-elise-goldsberry-departs-hamilton_77751.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=13jul2016

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Broadway Forever2
#83Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:57pm

I've said it before. Something shady is going on behind the scenes. Seems like stingy producers. Why the hell wouldn't Daveed have  left last week. He deserved the big send off just as much as Lin, Leslie and pippa. Hopefully the producers are careful or they might have some bad publicity on their hands. 

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 12:57 PM

Liza's Headband
#84Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:59pm

BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T COME TO TERMS ON A NEW CONTRACT!!!  Someone please roll me into the asylum now... 

Liza's Headband
#85Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:00pm

trpguyy said: "Andy Jones, the GM, and his company Baseline Theatrical, have only ever GMed one other show - The Last Ship. To say that Hamilton has been a learn-on-the-go experience, and that it's not necessarily going well for everyone involved, would be an understatement.

"

I didn't realize RENT, AVENUE Q, IN THE HEIGHTS, HIGH FIDELITY and WHITE CHRISTMAS are no longer considered "shows."  http://www.baselinetheatrical.com/roster.html

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#86Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:03pm

Producers sign on and front the cash to make money. People like Seller and Stone have horrible reputations, but they are business men. Actors don't front the cash. They are always free to walk if they don't like the offer-and its seems like that is what people are choosing.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

trpguyy
#87Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:03pm

Liza's Headband said: "trpguyy said: "Andy Jones, the GM, and his company Baseline Theatrical, have only ever GMed one other show - The Last Ship. To say that Hamilton has been a learn-on-the-go experience, and that it's not necessarily going well for everyone involved, would be an understatement."

I didn't realize RENT, AVENUE Q, IN THE HEIGHTS, HIGH FIDELITY and WHITE CHRISTMAS are no longer considered "shows."  http://www.baselinetheatrical.com/roster.html
"

Google is a neat thing (as is first-hand knowledge of the situation). Andy Jones was either the company manager or assistant/associate on those shows. He became a GM by starting his own company, Baseline, and his first show was The Last Ship. Hamilton is his second.

https://www.ibdb.com/Person/View/493513
https://www.ibdb.com/Organization/View/498427

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 01:03 PM

Jallenc32
#88Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:04pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Producers sign on and front the cash to make money. People like Seller and Stone have horrible reputations, but they are business men. Actors don't front the cash. They are always free to walk if they don't like the offer-and its seems like that is what people are choosing."

And when a show is essentially sold out for the next 9 months there is little to no incentive for the producers to offer the cast more money to stick around.  Their first responsibility is to the investors, not the fans.

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 01:04 PM

Liza's Headband
#89Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:06pm

trpguyy - while General Management is involved with negotiations and assists on the legal and practical end, they are not the ones calling the shots and cannot be blamed (nor credited) for any labor disputes. It falls squarely on the shoulders of the lead producer and his/her production or management office, which is separate from an outside firm, like Baseline, contracted to handle general management. 

neonlightsxo
#90Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:06pm

trpguyy said: "Liza's Headband said: "trpguyy said: "Andy Jones, the GM, and his company Baseline Theatrical, have only ever GMed one other show - The Last Ship. To say that Hamilton has been a learn-on-the-go experience, and that it's not necessarily going well for everyone involved, would be an understatement."

"

Google is a neat thing. Andy Jones was either the company manager or assistant/associate on those shows. He became a GM by starting his own company, Baseline, and his first show was The Last Ship. Hamilton is his second.

https://www.ibdb.com/Person/View/493513
https://www.ibdb.com/Organization/View/498427
"

True, but I don't think this is the fault of the GM.

trpguyy
#91Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:07pm

You've obviously never been in a labor dispute. Your post is almost 100% inaccurate.

Liza's Headband
#92Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:08pm

neon - we were on the same page, and both correct, as usual.  :) 

neonlightsxo
Liza's Headband
#94Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:08pm

trpguyy said: "You've obviously never been in a labor dispute. Your post is almost 100% inaccurate."

I'll have to inform my employer of this news and clear out my desk immediately, then. I have clearly been doing something wrong these last 17 years. 

Broadway Forever2
#95Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:09pm

The ticket resale prices are plumetting though. It's weird because the Chicago show is selling well. 

trpguyy
#96Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:10pm

neonlightsxo said: "True, but I don't think this is the fault of the GM."

Not entirely, no, but General Management sets the tone of the company and can create an environment that either makes the employees happy, or disgruntled. You can figure out the rest. 

trpguyy
#97Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:12pm

Liza's Headband said: " have clearly been doing something wrong these last 17 years. "

Probably longer, so it seems

hannhannham
#98Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:12pm

Sorry, I'm not super well versed in behind the scenes stuff, but can someone kindly explain the difference between the general management and company management? Their duties, are they at the theater each day? etc. Thank you!

Liza's Headband
#99Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:13pm

I guess so! Shame on me for pretending since 1999. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. Excuse me while I go inform them of my resignation. 

Videos