pixeltracker

STRANGER THINGS on Netflix- Page 3

STRANGER THINGS on Netflix

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#50STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/3/16 at 10:22am

uncageg said: "Just finished the season last night. I figured out the ending when they found will. It was kind of obvious to me. "

EricMontreal22 said: "I'm curious what you mean--umm what was left to figure out when they found Will?"

I don't know if uncageg was in the same boat I was, but from the beginning of the dinner table scene until Will's scene in the bathroom, I was having a "will they or won't they?" conversation in my head. I was so distracted by the debate going on in my head that the whole dinner table scene is a blur for me.

At the time I binged the series, it was unclear if the show would be a one-off, or if there would be a Season 2. I thought, if there's not going to be a sequel, they might have to tie-up Will's story line with a neat little bow, "and they all lived happily ever-after".

But then I started thinking how just plain wrong it would be if the Duffer brothers didn't stick the landing. Even if there wasn't going to be a Season 2, they absolutely had  to go there (implied sequel or not). It just wouldn't be right if they didn't. ...so that debate was going through my head throughout the dinner scene.

Of course - they went there.

Updated On: 8/3/16 at 10:22 AM

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#51STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/3/16 at 10:34am

Although the title is misleading (I didn't really find many answers), this is an interesting read if only for a few possible insights to Season 2. The Duffer brothers toss some titles of movie sequels on the table that might be used to shape season 2.

All Of Your ‘Stranger Things’ Questions Answered (To Some Extent)

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#52STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/3/16 at 5:05pm

Sigh of course that's what you meant. Sorry. 

John A I had the exact same mental thought in my head as well during that scene. 

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#53STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/5/16 at 10:36am

EricMontreal22 said: "John A I had the exact same mental thought in my head as well during that scene. "

Crazy fun, right? wink

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#54STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/7/16 at 12:34am

I saw the show the first weekend that it came out and I think that it's absolutely fantastic.  Great cast, writing, directing, and cinematography.  I think any unanswered questions will be answered in the following seasons.  Too bad we'll have to wait a year for season 2.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#55STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/13/16 at 3:11am

Johñ Adams, I think we are in that same boat.

Just give the world Love.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#56STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/15/16 at 1:56am

Finally finished this, and yeah, it's pretty much all cliche. It's not without entertainment value, but it's very typical and doesn't have a thought in its head. I'd love to hear the pitch for this show. "It's Spielberg meets Stephen King! Only, you know, not as good as either of those!"

Dustin is awesome, though. 

Updated On: 8/15/16 at 01:56 AM

daisybeetle Profile Photo
daisybeetle
#57STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/18/16 at 6:17am

Watch Dustin sing like a Broadway star (because he is one)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/17/stranger-things-dustin-broadway

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#58STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/18/16 at 11:23am

daisybeetle said: "Watch Dustin sing like a Broadway star (because he is one)"

That was hysterically funny!

He's a fantastic singer and does a great job with the song, but very oddly surreal (in a humorous way)!  Surrounded by all the bright colors, Sponge Bob, an audience that must have been mostly children - Bring Him Home?

The thought of him, in that bright, happy setting, possibly bringing an audience of children to tears with that song made me laugh out loud! (But I love black comedy...)

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#60STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/21/16 at 11:15am

*******Possible Spoiler*******

This might explain why those two items went into the same box at the end.

Liza's Headband
#61STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/22/16 at 9:16am

I generally hate Sci-Fi but absolutely LOVED this. So well done. The casting was perfection. Well done, Netflix. 

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#62STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 1:23am

I thought that the whole series was amazingly written, it was a great nod to horror and sci-fi from the late 70's and 80s. Would love to see Golden Globe, SAG and Emmy nods for Winona Ryder, the kids that played Dustin and 011 and possibly Matthew Modine.  I kinda have a feeling that the second season may not have anything to do with the first year, very similiar to "American Horror Story"...

Liza's Headband
#63STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 8:32am

... Except the creators have already talked about what storylines and characters they'll be exploring and expanding upon in season 2 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#64STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 11:12am

Liza, is there a link to an article?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#65STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 11:15am

‘Stranger Things’ Finale: Duffer Brothers Talk Cliffhangers, Death and Season 2

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Liza's Headband
#66STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 11:19am

^ Thanks. And there are many others, some even posted in this thread, that include interviews with the Brothers where they elude to the same storyline and characters from season 1. This isn't an AHS situation. It will be a continuation of season 1. Looking forward to it! 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#67STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/26/16 at 8:50pm

Thanks for the link. My bad for not looking back through the thread. Read them all.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#68STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/30/16 at 2:51pm

I just finished these shows and LOVED it! I did not get any of the Homages you guys are talking about (i have not seen most of those movies) but it did not matter, I loved it! And the Music throughout is just the best!!!

I am not going to give spoiler, so I will speak in generals.  I must call out Nancy at the end. Though the scene where she gave someone that Christmas Present was the best of the series for me. But I did not like the reveal at the end, where she is discussing on the couch that present. No Nancy, No!!  And 11, you had fewer lines than anyone else, but you commanded every scene you are in with body language and looks. 

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 8/30/16 at 02:51 PM

Liza's Headband
#69STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/30/16 at 3:32pm

It would be far too easy to put Nancy with the brother (I forget his name...). As the Duffer Brothers have already said, however, they plan to continue exploring their relationship in the next season and possibly playing with a romance. 

Liza's Headband
#70STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:50am

Netflix just released a teaser for next season on Facebook. It already includes what appears to be the names of the next chapters (episodes) and when it will take place: https://www.facebook.com/StrangerThingsTV/videos/782869521852733

It appears we are getting a total of nine episodes next season and they'll be jumping ahead nearly a year from winter 1983 to fall 1984. If you're too busy to watch, the chapter titles are...

• MADMAX
  • THE BOY WHO CAME BACK TO LIFE
  • THE PUMPKIN PATCH
  • THE PALACE
  • THE STORM
  • THE POLLYWOG
  • THE SECRET CABIN
  • THE BRAIN
  • THE LOST BROTHER

Followed by, "In the fall of 1984... the adventure continues"

Updated On: 8/31/16 at 09:50 AM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#71STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:27am

Wow, I'm surprised they already have the title chapters. Have they even starting shooting yet?

Liza's Headband
#72STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:34am

Not to my knowledge, no.. But it's not at all unusual to have at least two or three seasons sketched out at the start of any new series; especially a streaming series. They have a higher renewal rate than network and cable. Personally, I love that we already know the chapter titles and setting. Only builds up the anticipation and excitement more even with 11 months to go! 

Farmer's Daughter Profile Photo
Farmer's Daughter
#73STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 8/31/16 at 1:47pm

Meanwhile, for fans of "Barb"/Shannon Purser, the actress is joining the cast of CW's RIVERDALE in the role of "Ethel Muggs."

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/30/barb-stranger-things-riverdale

formerly JbaraFan1 8/14/04-2/14/16

gotitbro
#74STRANGER THINGS on Netflix
Posted: 3/7/17 at 11:28pm

Farmer's Daughter said: "Clipping #4, to the right of the clipping with Will's photo; wondering what this one is about, why it's with the other clippings here. No one named seems to be a character in the show this season. The article doesn't seem to me to have much to do with the headline either, or am I just dim?"

You are not dim, the headline has nothing to do with the article. The article itself is a copy paste of an article from The Baltimore Sun from 1994: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1994-09-19/news/1994262115_1_hickman-barnes-argument

Nothing is changed completely copied and nothing to do with the headline.