pixeltracker

Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street- Page 3

Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#50Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 9:39am

Kad said: "I have it on good authority that it will continue past April, and this is not a case of the early bird getting the worm."

This early bird got a veggie pie.

jen_in_toronto
#51Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 12:36pm

I got tix for first weekend in March and when I Googled the show, newyorkcitytheatre.com has it listed as playing through June 30.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#52Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 1:22pm

Got a ticket for April, sans food. I enjoy savory pies, but I can't eat (or, more accurately, drink anything) that close to curtain! Looking forward to it -- last time I saw Sweeney Todd, it was a free outdoor production in a soccer field in Brooklyn.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#54Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 1:30pm

London cast not extending: "The cast includes the stars of the original London Tooting production, who will reprise their performances for 8 weeks only through April 9th. Replacements for Secomb, McCarthy, Smith and Taylor will be announced at a later date."

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#55Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 1:32pm

Sucks about the casting - maybe this is where Carolee comes in?

Any suggestions about seats? Also, looks like they only have $125-$145 tickets now :O

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#56Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 2:26pm

haterobics said: "London cast not extending: "The cast includes the stars of the original London Tooting production, who will reprise their performances for 8 weeks only through April 9th. Replacements for Secomb, McCarthy, Smith and Taylor will be announced at a later date.""

That's pretty exciting, though!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 2:37pm

LizzieCurry said: "That's pretty exciting, though!"

I only wish they announced the casting AND the tickets, so I could decide whether a double-dip is in order.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#58Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 2:53pm

I snagged a table seat for early May.  That's unfortunate about the cast too, but that explains why there was a short window for the first block of tickets.  I had no choice.  I'm only going to be in NY late April/early May so I'm pleased to at least be able to see this production next year.

gimlet2
#59Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 3:07pm

The upstairs back row seems to be blocked off during the extension - maybe rush or lottery?

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#60Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 3:44pm

Went for a counter seat ticket for April - was so tempted to go for a table ticket, but I think it will be easier to take in all the action sitting at the counter.  At any rate, this is going to be amazing - can't wait!!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#61Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 3:54pm

gimlet2 said: "The upstairs back row seems to be blocked off during the extension - maybe rush or lottery?"

I noticed that too. I was eyeing on getting one of those just this morning but something came up and now this afternoon I see none priced at $69! Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

jen_in_toronto
#62Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 5:20pm

A Canadian in NYC said: "Went for a counter seat ticket for April - was so tempted to go for a table ticket, but I think it will be easier to take in all the action sitting at the counter.  At any rate, this is going to be amazing - can't wait!!"

I thought exactly the same, hope we're right. :)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#63Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 5:28pm

jen_in_toronto said: "A Canadian in NYC said: "Went for a counter seat ticket for April - was so tempted to go for a table ticket, but I think it will be easier to take in all the action sitting at the counter.  At any rate, this is going to be amazing - can't wait!!"

"

I was doing the same, but there were three counter seats available. I wanted two. And the system wouldn't let me leave a single. So, table it is! Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

jen_in_toronto
#64Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/26/16 at 10:53am

haterobics said: "jen_in_toronto said: "A Canadian in NYC said: "Went for a counter seat ticket for April - was so tempted to go for a table ticket, but I think it will be easier to take in all the action sitting at the counter.  At any rate, this is going to be amazing - can't wait!!"

"

I was doing the same, but there were three counter seats available. I wanted two. And the system wouldn't let me leave a single. So, table it is! Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

"

That happened to me too, it was super frustrating...I've never heard of such a thing, especially when it's an odd number of seats in a particular section. I had to pick another performance. I see plenty of single seats left for performances now. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#65Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/26/16 at 10:57am

That has happened to me at the Richard Rogers Theater before, both for Hamilton and If/Then, not sure why that specific theater. In that case, I called Ticketmaster and they sold me the two I wanted...

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#66Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/26/16 at 1:44pm

gimlet2 said: "The upstairs back row seems to be blocked off during the extension - maybe rush or lottery?"

I was able to buy 2 tickets in the upstairs back row! Saw a few open up today in late March. I hope they opened up tix on the day you wish to go!

I do wonder if there will be rush. My friend told me historically the Barrow Street theatre does student rush only; hence why I went ahead and bought tix this morning when I saw the cheaper seats open up.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#67Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/26/16 at 2:25pm

Wick3 said: "My friend told me historically the Barrow Street theatre does student rush only"

One imagines the producers decide this, not the theater. Also, it may be a rush based on availability, in which case... there may be none.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#68Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/26/16 at 4:30pm

haterobics said: "Wick3 said: "My friend told me historically the Barrow Street theatre does student rush only"

One imagines the producers decide this, not the theater. Also, it may be a rush based on availability, in which case... there may be none.
"

That make sense! I just looked at the seating chart and counted there are only 130 seats per performance (100 downstairs and 30 upstairs). 

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#69Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/28/16 at 12:40am

I just picked up the $69 counter seats upstairs for late March also

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#70Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/28/16 at 10:15am

Counter seat, with meat pie, early March -- I am a customer too !!!  I can't WAIT for this one laugh

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#71Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 11/15/16 at 11:13am

Looks like Norm Lewis and Carolee Carmello are going to be starring in it after all...
http://www.broadway.com/buzz/186742/norm-lewis-carolee-carmello-will-join-sweeney-todd-off-broadway/

canadian fan
#72Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:20am

This wasn't really on my radar for our May trip, but it is now! I looked at tickets for when we will be in town and there are some left. Question about the seating, it looks like there are essentially 2 types of seats, counter and table. Do I take it that if you sit at a table you are actually sitting at a proper table facing towards the table? Would the seats be a normal chair that you can turn to face the stage?  Are the counter seats higher like a typical counter?  Neither sounds particularly comfortable to be honest haha.....  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#73Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:12pm

canadian fan said: "Do I take it that if you sit at a table you are actually sitting at a proper table facing towards the table? Would the seats be a normal chair that you can turn to face the stage? "

I don't think there is a stage, or that the action will all happen in one spot. The site says the action happens at the counter and around the four tables. So, more immersive... 

Sounds like you want a counter seat that faces into the action.

Updated On: 11/16/16 at 12:12 PM

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#74Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 11/16/16 at 3:28pm

Never been to the Barrow Strett before. Will this production have a Playbill?