pixeltracker

Who is going to Hamilton tonight?- Page 2

Who is going to Hamilton tonight?

UncleCharlie
#25Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/24/16 at 11:13pm

Auggie27 said: "So let him buy a ticket for 2018 like everybody else.  Why should house seats be provided to him? If the company loathes his policies, fascism and racism (and why shouldn't they?).  He's not being denied access, just not given priority seating via producers/others' house seats.. 

Who's providing him house seats? It wasn't him going tonight. It was just a hypothetical, philosophical discussion. Get a grip, dude.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#26Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/24/16 at 11:19pm

A) Nobody said house seats, and B) UncleCharlie nailed it. It would be unfortunate to live in a society wherein we can limit access to theatre and art based on political views, no matter how reprehensible we might find them to be.

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#27Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 1:43am

BroadwayConcierge said: "It would be unfortunate to live in a society wherein we can limit access to theatre and art based on political views, no matter how reprehensible we might find them to be."

Sorta sounds like the kind of society we can expect if Trump gets elected....

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 10:07am

Since no one seems to have coughed up any links, yes, it was Netanyahu.

https://twitter.com/lizrhoffman/status/779859133768032256

https://twitter.com/Greg_Callus/status/779888872910163968

https://twitter.com/talshalev1/status/779876238181691393

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#29Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 4:32pm

I have a grip, generally, thank you.  I'm responding to someone above, somewhere, suggesting that he was awarded seats by the producers.  Jeez, who cares?  Maybe he'll go, for whatever fee, and learn something, I loathe him, loathe his effing ascendancy, and test my "grip" whenever I see him get anything.  My grip is actually tenuous, okay, there, I admitted it.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Hamilton Addict  Profile Photo
Hamilton Addict
#30Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 4:51pm

"Sorta sounds like the kind of society we can expect if Trump gets elected...."

Who is going to Hami

Updated On: 9/25/16 at 04:51 PM

Liza's Headband
#31Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 5:53pm

Worst thread ever. 

@z5
#32Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 7:38pm

I just think the people who believe he shouldn't be allowed to go are pretty closed minded and ignorant. Don't go around saying your so open-minded and love everyone...but you wanna ban someone from a Broadway show?? Would have been cool if he went and I hope he does once he becomes President.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 8:16pm

Allegiance had a seat reserved for him at every show and he never showed up, so I doubt Hamilton will see him anytime soon... 

Who is going to Hami

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#34Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 9:19pm

To Trump's credit, why should he have cared about or even have been aware of Allegiance even existing? Hamilton is a bit of a different story.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 9:52pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "To Trump's credit, why should he have cared about or even have been aware of Allegiance even existing? Hamilton is a bit of a different story."

Because he commented that he might have supported the Japanese interment camps, which got a lot of press, and since that was in the news while Allegiance was playing, the show was written up as a result, which is why they reserved the seat for him.... and since Trump is a total narcissist, and is always online, why wouldn't he totally know about it?

http://time.com/4140050/donald-trump-muslims-japanese-internment/

@z5
#36Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 10:05pm

Also it wasn't like Allegiance was selling any seats regardless...so why not try to gain publicity that way, which ultimately didn't work. 

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#37Who is going to Hami
Posted: 9/25/16 at 10:07pm

Anyone who says this is the worst thread, ever, might want to revisit some others. Maybe about "Gigi," for starters.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling