pixeltracker

What's next for the Hudson?- Page 2

What's next for the Hudson?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/22/16 at 11:52am

Maybe jake is filming a film adaption of Sunday in the park.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/22/16 at 12:37pm

Oh true! You're right - in re: to the Circle! Just can't imagine Charity. It's gonna be so tiny. That space is so small. No wing space, etc. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/22/16 at 12:52pm

the SWEET CHARITY revival has been strongly rumored to transfer this Spring if the appropriate theater is available. The Circle could open up if IN TRANSIT flops. I also wonder if the Cort or Hayes will be ready for a Spring tenant?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

oknazevad
#28What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 6:19pm

I doubt the Helen Hayes even if its renovations are done. The whole point of the renovations is for it to become the on Broadway home of its new owners, the non-profit producing company 2nd Stage, much as the Freidman is used by MTC. It's really out of any such discussions from now on; it's no longer a commercial receiving house, really. That isn't to say that they might not rent it out in the future (Roundabout is currently renting out the Sondheim for Beautiful, after all, but they also own or have master leases on three theatres, so they can spare one), but for now the Helen Hayes is not a place a production looking for a theatre can use. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#29What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 6:27pm

I really hope Sweet Charity doesn't end up in Circle. It won't have trouble selling with Sutton Foster headlining the show (even with the competition as fierce as it is this season), and Circle's relatively small seating space would be wasted on it. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#30What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 7:15pm

The Hudson isn't going to be that small, its capacity is 970, and 948 with the orchestra pit in use. It's not enormous, but bigger capacity of more than a few Broadway houses. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#31What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 7:40pm

Since renovations on the Helen Hayes have started, the next show there would likely be a Second a stage production

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 10:11pm

Given the Sweet Charity design, I think Circle makes the most sense. But The Hudson could be a good choice too, but ATG isn't a company that most normal Broadway producers deal with, right? They don't own that many houses?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#33What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 11:31pm

everythingtaboo said: "The Hudson isn't going to be that small, its capacity is 970, and 948 with the orchestra pit in use. It's not enormous, but bigger capacity of more than a few Broadway houses. 

"

There are only 11 Broadway theatres with a seating capacity under 1,000, the Hudson being one of them. Out of 40, I'd still classify this as one of the smallest houses we've got. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#34What's next for the Hudson?
Posted: 10/23/16 at 11:40pm

It's still intimate, but it's not the Booth. I think it depends on the feeling. There are plenty of theaters that are big by standards, but don't feel HUGE to me, like when I sat up in the balcony for Matilda at the Shubert. I didn't feel that far away.