pixeltracker

Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?- Page 2

Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#25Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/16/16 at 5:48pm

Daniel can do anything!  He could even play King Lear!

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#26Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 5:03pm

Rather than start a new thread, I thought this might be a good place to share that JRB just posted the original demo of "Old Red Hills of Home" on his website.  I've always thought this song was a bit of an anomaly; it doesn't really adhere to the "normal" rules of opening numbers, and yet it sets the show up extremely well and it's hard to deny it's an incredibly powerful song.  If you're a fan, check it out:

http://jasonrobertbrown.com/2016/12/17/happy-memorial-day-mr-frank/

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#27Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 8:51pm

I really think that Roundabout should pick this up with Jeremy Jordan and Laura Benanti.  I can see it being successful with those names attached.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 9:03pm

I suggested josh Radnor and it's growing on me I know he was supposed to play Georg in the She Loves Me revival so he must have singing chops, but is he famous enough? How I met your mother was nearly 3 years ago so I don't think he has enough commercial appeal anymore.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

binau Profile Photo
binau
#29Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 9:30pm

Could Jake G sing this score?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#30Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 9:58pm

No to Laura Benanti. Lucille is a belter, and I felt Laura was very miscast as a soprano opposite Jeremy for the concert a few years back. Stephanie J. Block for Lucllie all the way, she's also already done the role in the presentation with JRB and her husband not too long ago, and she sounded wonderful singing the score! I'd also love to see Jeremy reprise Leo, or (after seeing them together in Falsettos) Brandon Uranowitz, or even Max Von Essen, as I have heard him discuss Leo as a dream role. I am very passionate about this fantasic piece getting another shot, and very much hope that it will happen in the near future. After his work on Bridges of Madison County, I wouldn't mind having Bart Sher take on this show. 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#31Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:07pm

I've never thought of Lucille as being a belter.  I thought that Benanti sung the score beautifully.  I think Kelli O'Hara or Carmen Cusack would also be wonderful.  I'm a big Block fan, but I prefer a lighter voice for Lucille.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#32Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 12:22am

Carolee Carmello, who should have won a Tony for this show (sorry, Bern), certainly doesn't have a "light voice." And she sounds glorious on the recording. 

I love the idea of Carmen Cusack, but again, I wouldn't hold my breath for a commercial revival. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 12:50am

Carolee belted her face off in this show. I think it would be less dramatically effective without a belter in  the role. Carmen would be perfect for it, but as has been said she wouldn't sell tickets.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#34Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 6:13am

adamgreer said: "Carolee Carmello, who should have won a Tony for this show (sorry, Bern), certainly doesn't have a "light voice." And she sounds glorious on the recording."

Maybe if Parade was still running on Broadway during Tony season that year, she probably would've won.

harrisbenjaminco Profile Photo
harrisbenjaminco
#35Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 4:35pm

What about a movie? I feel like movies are given more freedom to be darker...I would love a revival but god this show is depressing. I'm a Jewish man from Georgia so I love this show but it's a hard sell. With the movie musical making a resurgence I think this would be a fabulous property to convert to cinema

rattleNwoolypenguin
#36Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 5:08pm

I've always felt this could be best represented in a film. It's definitely a hard sell to studios, to do a lesser known very dark and sad musical film but it really could be an oscar contender if done well.

Alex Kulak2
#37Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 5:16pm

A movie version of this would be Oscar bait if I've ever heard of it. It's actor-driven, it's a true story, thrown in Meryl Streep and it's a guarantee.

Updated On: 12/18/16 at 05:16 PM

Videos