pixeltracker

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?- Page 6

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?

Margo319
#125How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/21/17 at 4:12pm

Thank you, no it was not abusive at all, I think someone on Ben's team is close to someone at BWW.  I was just reporting what I saw right in front of me, and was in no way disrespectful.  So, you had tickets but asked for another night because Ben was out?  I totally understand in wanting to see his Tony winning performance.  I found it to be one the best performances I have ever seen in any form of entertainment.  I really, really hope you get to see the show with Ben at his very best!

JustAnotherNewYorker
#126How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/21/17 at 4:54pm

No "other night". They had no tickets they could give me in exchange for my Wed Matinee ticket for this week. I got a refund and will have to find them from the tickets that appear from time to time on Telecharge, or from stubhub, or I'll just miss Ben and see it with the replacement cast next year.

MattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
#127How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/21/17 at 8:17pm

Y'all, this is a demanding show. He's going to miss from time to time. DEH has wrecked his voice. I mean... 

Updated On: 7/21/17 at 08:17 PM

polkadotmissile
#128How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/24/17 at 6:46pm

Given how challenging the show is, I think matinees off are definitely something that should have been discussed at an earlier point. Ben's parts are insanely difficult, and to go from 8 to 6 would probably do his voice some good. Yeah it's probably too late to do now without causing an uproar from the fanbase, but it should be addressed when they bring in a new Evan or if he extends his contract. Alex Brightman had matinees off as Dewey in School of Rock for vocal rest reasons, and I think it's a fair thing in shows with parts as challenging as these. 

AnastasiaDEH Profile Photo
AnastasiaDEH
#129How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:38pm

Do you think that's something that could actually happen? Ben getting matinees off? Because I've been hearing a lot of fuss about that topic and people asking around in different forums and in Twitter about that, since he missed last Wednesday and Saturday matinees (correct me if I'm wrong).

polkadotmissile
#130How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/24/17 at 8:03pm

AnastasiaDEH said: "Do you think that's something that could actually happen? Ben getting matinees off? Because I've been hearing a lot of fuss about that topic and people asking around in different forums and in Twitter about that, since he missed last Wednesday and Saturday matinees (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't claim to know how these things work, but if he's taking them off with more and more frequency, doesn't it make sense on some level to just make that the norm? Sure there would be backlash, but there would also probably be less hateful tweets, and people would know what they're signing up for. 

But who knows really? It would be a big to-do, people would react negatively, and there's contract and Equity stuff that needs to worked through/around. But we can hope for his health. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#131How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:01pm

AnastasiaDEH said: "Do you think that's something that could actually happen? Ben getting matinees off? Because I've been hearing a lot of fuss about that topic and people asking around in different forums and in Twitter about that, since he missed last Wednesday and Saturday matinees (correct me if I'm wrong).

He only missed Wednesday's matinee, not Saturday's. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#133How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:03am

Nicole7579 said: "Looks like Ben will be out Aug 10-16. Colton and Michael will trade off Evan duties

Well, that's unexpected.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#134How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:06am

^i thought so too. It's also unusual dates. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#135How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:07am

Are you sure you're not mixing that with his July dates he missed?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#136How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:09am

LesWickedly said: "Are you sure you're not mixing that with his July dates he missed?

No, I checked the website. It's on there.

Margo319
#137How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 3:38am

*Ben Platt will be out of Dear Evan Hansen performances August 10 – 16, returning on Thursday, August 17. During that time, Michael Lee Brown OR Colton Ryan will both play the role of Evan Hansen."

That is really interesting since he just took a vacation.  Glad he will be once again resting his voice.  

Messytheatregirl
#138How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:01am

I lucked out BIG TIME as my tickets are for August 17th...HALLELUJAH GOD BLESS!