pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance- Page 11

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#250Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 3:08pm

Bibliot said: "haterobics <--- Congratulations on having the most well suited username ever!

Blocked.
"

Oh my, how will I carry on?!

Margo319
#251Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 3:29pm

His attendance has been unpredictable and his vocal rest extended.  So, people are probably unsure if they should jack their tickets they are selling on StubHub or not because the other guys playing Evan are just worth the ticket price they bought it for.   

Aroberts3
#252Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 4:56pm

The telecharge website actually says Ben will be out for matinees on Saturday 9/2 and Sunday 9/3 now. No longer lists the 9/6 date!

herewegoabc
#253Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 6:13pm

Per the show's website 

Michael Lee Brown will perform the role of Evan Hansen at the matinees on Saturday, September 2nd and Sunday, September 3rd.

Gensho Profile Photo
Gensho
#254Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 6:26pm

It seems that Michael Lee Brown has become Ben's main understudy. From what I'm hearing, he's doing a better job than CR. 

Mirpandas
#255Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:01pm

He's stellar. Honestly wish he would take over the role after Platt, but I understand the need for a bigger name. 

Bibliot
#256Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:24pm

Ben Platt will be out for the High Holy Days, won't he? Is Will Roland also Jewish and out on those days?

BluEyed525
#257Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:43pm

Does anyone know if Ben Platt returned tonight?

herewegoabc
#258Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:50pm

Ben was back tonight, and his absence for Yom Kippur hasn't been announced. The dates aren't listed on Telecharge of the DEH website.

Will isn't Jewish.

Bibliot
#259Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:53pm

Yes, they are usually so good about giving advance warning of his planned absences, so maybe he is going on. I just noticed that there is "best availability" of tickets for the Yom Kippur dates, though.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#260Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 10:00pm

Ya think ben might be dropping in at the imperial on Sunday? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

herewegoabc
#261Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 10:01pm

I'm definitely surprised that he's not taking it off. I remember back in the spring sometime, he did an interview and said he would be off then. But maybe he's just been out way more than anyone expected, so things have changed?

Bibliot
#262Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 8/31/17 at 10:09pm

If I were there, I'd be inclined to snap up those tickets. Especially for the Friday matinee, since Yom Kippur doesn't begin until sunset.

If practicing, you're supposed to fast quite rigorously on Yom Kippur. You're not even supposed to drink water. That would be tough to do for sunset-to-sunset and still deliver 3 Ben Platt-calibre performances.

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#263Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 12:49pm

Michael lee Brown will be performing all Wednesday and Saturday matinees through the end of Ben's run, they just posted that info to Telecharge,

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#264Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 12:56pm

broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Michael lee Brown will be performing all Wednesday and Saturday matinees through the end of Ben's run, they just posted that info to Telecharge,"

I almost had a heart attack as I scheduled my trip so I would be able to see Ben in DEH and I'm seeing it on Wednesday, November 8th. But then I re-read and let out a sigh of relief as my ticket is for Wednesday night. 

greenifyme2
#265Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 12:58pm

broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Michael lee Brown will be performing all Wednesday and Saturday matinees through the end of Ben's run, they just posted that info to Telecharge,"

I've seen the show 3 times, all with Ben. 2 of them were unexpected (lottery and an offer for a regular price ticket that fell in my lap). Before those 2 happened, I had bought a ticket back in March for a September Wednesday matinee for my birthday. 

Ive heard MLB is great, but wondering if I should just get a refund since I've seen it more than I thought I would. I like the music, and I love Ben, but story is still eh to me. I am of the camp that Ben is the show. I'd listen to him sing the phone book.

What would you guys do? Is MLB worth the more than $200 I paid? Interested to see his take on the role but maybe not at that price?

edit: I also was taking the afternoon off of work to go. Not that big of a deal because my job is flexible, but still another thing to consider.

Updated On: 9/1/17 at 12:58 PM

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#266Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:06pm

greenifyme2 said: "broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Michael lee Brown will be performing all Wednesday and Saturday matinees through the end of Ben's run, they just posted that info to Telecharge,"

I've seen the show 3 times, all with Ben. 2 of them were unexpected (lottery and an offer for a regular priceticket that fell in my lap). Before those 2 happened, I had bought a ticket back in March for a September Wednesday matinee for my birthday.

Ive heard MLB is great, but wondering if I should just get a refund since I've seen it more than I thought I would. I likethe music, and I love Ben, but story is still eh to me. I am ofthe camp that Ben is the show. I'd listen to him sing the phone book.

What would you guys do? Is MLB worth the more than $200 I paid? Interested to see his take on the role but maybe not at that price?
"

I haven't seen the show personally but I have friends who've seen it with Ben and MLB. They all agree that MLB plays the role a bit more emotionally than Ben or Colton and I guess his words fail is just very much on par with Ben's. 

ijest22
#267Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:07pm

Will I be able to get a refund?  I need to double check, but I think I paid $399 per ticket from Telecharge. I've already seen Ben three times and Colton once. I intend to see Taylor, but I don't think I want to pay those prices for anyone but Ben. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#268Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:08pm

Well, through November 11, so Ben will do the full final week.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#269Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:19pm

How incredibly necessary. Just happy I'm seeing the show on a Saturday night.

greenifyme2
#270Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:20pm

I think I'll return my ticket. It says MLB will continue to understudy so I could see him some other time, probably for less money.

Before I do, I was looking for any clips online of him singing any song at all to hear what his voice sounds like and can't find anything. Does anyone have a link?

....I think Colton sounds like Kermit the frog and wouldn't want to listen to him for 2+ hours.........

Updated On: 9/1/17 at 01:20 PM

Margo319
#271Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:43pm

Telecharge doesn't refund or return tickets.  You can simply schedule it for another date and swallow the cost of the much cheaper tickets next year.  

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#272Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:47pm

Yes they do, Margo.

greenifyme2
#273Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:55pm

Thanks Les. Just called Telecharge and got a full refund very quickly without any question or issue.

herewegoabc
#274Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:36pm

Obviously it's up to you and how much money you've paid, but I've seen Ben, Colton, and MLB, and I honestly prefer MLB overall. His singing is amazing, but it does lack certain technical perfection that Ben has in spots. He's more emotional, though, and plays much younger, which I think makes Evan a lot more sympathetic. HIs performance is great. I honestly do not think anyone who sees him will be disappointed.

I wonder if they will put in a permanent matinee off-show when Taylor takes over full-time.

Updated On: 9/2/17 at 03:36 PM