pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race season 9- Page 3

RuPaul's Drag Race season 9

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#50RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/17/17 at 8:55am

I don't think her attitude has been that bad. Most of her "fights" have been with Trinity, who hasn't been an angel to her as it is, and they have history too. O'Hara helped Farrah with her dress during Fairytale princess challenge, and if you'd seen bonus material - she helped Nina a lot too. Eureka likes cracking jokes, sometimes reading them, but beyond her Trinity insecurity, she's actually quite good. I'm hoping she won't get the villain edit.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/17/17 at 08:55 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/17/17 at 10:05am

There is something so off about this season. I felt like I had missed an episode- all the drama seems to spring up fully-formed. It's also remarkable that there are several queens who I feel like we don't know because we don't have mini challenges or workroom check-ins to see their personalities. I was surprised to see that Nina was being said to be in her own head... huh? We've never seen that, and she's performed quite well thus far.

We shouldn't need supplemental material to make a season compelling.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#52RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/17/17 at 10:55am

This season has been very interesting, to say the least. 

Have people been keeping up with Untucked? 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#53RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/18/17 at 10:15am

Kad said: "We shouldn't need supplemental material to make a season compelling."

Agreed, but I'll still take what I can. LogoTV did post an extended runway clip along with another "social media queens" clip. The fact that they have these well edited videos tells me they were chopped out after the episode was compiled. Quite possibly for the VH1. I hope this season's DVDs, whenever they come out, are all "full extended episodes".

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#54RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/18/17 at 11:13am

Trailer for next episode.

Looks like mini challenge is back. It's a musical challenge, excited to see what Alexis will bring to the plate.

laugh

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#55RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/22/17 at 12:21am

Tonight's episode was a lot of fun. But surprised they couldn't get any of the Kardashians to be judges? Seems odd. But I enjoyed myself. I just wish the episodes were longer. I wanted more. It all feels so quick and rushed. The ending was a shocker though. 

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#56RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/22/17 at 3:09pm

Last nights episode was pretty fun! Shocking elimination and Shea Coulée continues to kill it! 

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#57RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/22/17 at 3:09pm

Last nights episode was pretty fun! Shocking elimination and Shea Coulée continues to kill it! 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#58RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/23/17 at 12:40pm

Shea's challenge performance was fun but am I the only one who wasn't thrilled for that runway look? She wore the same shoes and overall similar style for her entrance look. I'm not a fan of queens brazenly repeating a look and winning in spite of it. Maybe I'm just sour cos I wanted Alexis to win last episode.

Is next episode Snatch Game, then?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#59RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/23/17 at 4:08pm

The cast for this season is quite strong but the episodes themselves are not great at all. Granted, I don't follow the Kardashians at all, but the challenge was painfully unfunny. The moments in the workroom felt weird too- the only time we're getting much personality from the girls is during Untucked. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#60RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 8:00am

That Kardashian musical had the trademark mediocrity of every Lucian Piane number. (I don't know if he wrote it, but it's just as bad as everything he's written.)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#61RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 9:54am

It was mediocre, yes, but it was also trademark RPDR. I don't expect everything to be as good as Read You Wrote You. 

I'm glad Lucian's been edited out of this show entirely, if he was ever present since the show was probably shot pre-meltdown.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#62RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 10:19am

I'm hoping Snatch Game gives this season the shot in the arm it needs. I'm having a very hard time getting excited about it this time around and the Friday night scheduling doesn't help.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#63RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 10:57am

With this week's gal gone, the only one who I look forward to being particularly funny/entertaining on Snatch Game is Cynthia, with a maybe for Alexis and Peppermint.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#64RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 12:17pm

Shea has been consistently strong and I doubt she'd show up to the Snatch Game unprepared.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#65RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 1:40pm

I'm rooting for Nina to do Jasmine Masters; that'd be a hoot.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#66RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 2:01pm

"Shea has been consistently strong and I doubt she'd show up to the Snatch Game unprepared."

The problem with Snatch Game, though, is that "prepared" often doesn't translate to "funny." Too many of the queens choose a great looking celebrity who isn't remotely funny. (What's amusing about Rachel Zoe?) Shea and Sasha did bring a few laughs in the morning news show, but I don't see her as a guaranteed laff riot on Snatch.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#67RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 2:36pm

I think Todrick Hall wrote the Kardashian piece- it certainly was up to the low standards of most his comedy videos. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#68RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 4:13pm

Well don't blink you might miss snatch game. The frantic/ split-screen editing for the runway has been bullsh*t. That's the time for the Queens to shine and we don't get to see any of it. I find myself pausing it just get a good look at their  outfits.

I know they need added time for advertising and I'm glad we get to enjoy the program in full HD the day it airs, but we don't really get to see /any/ of it. And the silly Wendy Williams commentary ? What does she know about drag? Who cares? . . . ?? I would rather have more show time. 

Also, time will tell (although it already doesn't look good) Sometimes switching networks isn't always the best idea (Project Runway has suffered immensely, what was once a pretty great subversive show on Bravo about fashion, is now just one big advertisement for sponsers, with ridiculous challenges to match). 

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#69RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/24/17 at 4:21pm

Where are people watching it?. I haven't been able to find anywhere to view it that wasn't for pay.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#70RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/25/17 at 2:39pm

Here's the trailer for the next episode. At 9 sec mark, if you pause Peppermint, you'll see something that reads like "LuPone". Think that's Alexis Michelle's character?

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#71RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/25/17 at 3:26pm

I think it says Amanda Lepore.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#72RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/25/17 at 3:44pm

egnarotsew said: "I think it says Amanda Lepore."

You're probably right. Could that be Trinity, then?

I did notice "Masters" in 0:07 mark. Yayy Nina.

Updated On: 4/25/17 at 03:44 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#73RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/25/17 at 7:36pm

Snatch Game is my favorite challenge, so I'm excited to see how it goes for these queens! I'm pulling for Valentina, Sasha, Alexis, and Shea. I agree, this season has had weird editing and I feel like VH1 only cares about the show so much. If they were smart, they'd air the old episodes as a marathon before that night's episode (like Logo or Bravo). They air a movie, the episode, and then another movie. It's weird.

I also know it's staying at VH1 for Season 10, but I hope they change the airdate.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#74RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/26/17 at 10:12am

Just watched the most recent Untucked; I'd been liking Alexis, until she blamed everyone else for her choice of dress. It's clearly an artificial attempt to create drama.