pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race season 9- Page 4

RuPaul's Drag Race season 9

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#75RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/26/17 at 2:04pm

BobbyBubbi said: "And the silly Wendy Williams commentary ? What does she know about drag? Who cares? . . . ?? I would rather have more show time. "

Well considering she hasn't been there the last two episodes, I'm guessing VH1 agree with you.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#76RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/26/17 at 3:12pm

Wendy also got called out by a few queens on social media (Alaska and Detox if memory serves right) for kicking out an audience member in Drag from her show a few years ago. Given Drag Race's occasionally rocky relationship with its fan base, I imagine they thought it was better to get rid of her, especially as she wasn't adding anything. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#77RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/27/17 at 1:09pm

We're getting our Liza!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

wexy
#78RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/27/17 at 2:34pm

My local bar in Brooklyn shows in on a big screen in the back room

where everyone can drink and watch..

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#79RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/28/17 at 9:24pm

In case y'all was interested in new Pit Crew member, Jared...

https://www.posemodels.mx/jared

And of course, we have to deliver the nudes.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#80RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 4/28/17 at 10:48pm

You're doing God's work, TheaterFan4

PS - I'd love to see your Google search history, haha.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#81RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/1/17 at 8:14am

To have five Snatch Game contestants actually be funny was a very pleasant surprise (Alexis, Sasha, Valentine, Nina, and Shea). The unfunny ones (Cynthia and Peppermint in particular) were truly tragic...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#82RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/1/17 at 10:27am

Yeah, I thought this was a strong Snatch Game! Unlike previous years, there wasn't just one standout steamrolling everyone else.

I wasn't as taken with Alexis' Liza, but it certainly at least was funny.

I do agree that the queens need to stop doing other queens.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#83RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/1/17 at 10:52am

"I do agree that the queens need to stop doing other queens."

I had to go online to remind myself who Jasmine Masters was - I had no memory of her at all, and they kept talking about her as though she were some Drag Race legend... So, although Nina was very funny, I didn't think she quite fulfilled the idea of the challenge.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#84RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:31pm

I agree that Snatch Game has become far too self-reverential. We've had Alyssa Edwards (2x), Sharon Needles, Alaska, Jasmine Masters. While these are bigger icons outside of RPDR as well, I think Lady Bunny (2x), RuPaul, and Michelle Visage impersonations are also lazy choices at best.

Overall however, this Snatch Game was one of the strongest showings. I'm hoping the edit job would be better going forward. 

Who's your top 3? Mine are Shea (winner?), Alexis, and Valentina. With Sasha and Nina potentially taking anyone's spot.

wonderfulwizard11
#85RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:56pm

I did laugh at Alexis' Liza, but what show queen can't do a good Liza? It was well-executed but an easy choice. Sasha took a much larger risk and it paid off beautifully- plus her runway look was stunning.

Right now, I see Top 3 being Shea, Valentina, and Sasha. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#86RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 2:56am

I prefer when they go more unique and interesting. I'm still gagging over the Anne Frank that was cut. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#87RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 8:02am

Snatch Game celebrities I would like to see, but probably never will:

Mary, Mother of Jesus
Catherine the Great (with horse)
Elizabeth Bathory
Tura Satana
JonBenet Ramsey (dead)
Mama June
Aileen Wuornos
Squeaky Fromme
Sharon Tate (dead)
Jayne Mansfield (dead)
Mercedes de Acosta
Elsa Maxwell
Christine Chubbuck

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#88RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:02am

I'm surprised we haven't gotten Stritch yet.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#89RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:11am

Stritch would be great. I'd also like to see two queens do Goldie Hawn, but one as cute Laugh-In Goldie and the other as tragic-bad-plastic-surgery-today Goldie.

The same would work for Kim Novak, Meg Ryan, Daryl Hannah, or Dolly Parton.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#90RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:28am

I will say that I am glad that the queens this season more or less avoided the incredibly stupid habit of doing celebrities without personalities.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#91RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:13pm

That's a read on celebrities themselves if I ever saw one (wonder if Ariana Grande reads these boards).

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#92RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/6/17 at 2:14pm

Based on this week's challenge and lip sync, I don't think Ru sent the right girl home. But that may be an unpopular opinion. 

And as talented as she is, I'm still not on the Trinity train. She can be funny, but her looks are always the same and I feel like her personality so far has been generic. I'm rooting for Sasha, Shea, and Valentina.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

wonderfulwizard11
#93RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/6/17 at 3:04pm

Ru made the right choice. Nina is messy, but she can perform and serve a look. Aja wasn't really bringing much to the table, plus Nina's lipsync was more confident.

Trinity is growing on me- I don't like her looks, but she was really hilarious in the challenge. The obvious contender is still Shea though- she's such a star. 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#94RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/6/17 at 5:26pm

I just don't understand how Ru picked Nina after that lip-synch. Especially since it's been edited. Aja clearly came out on top. And Nina is so... whiny and depressive and annoying. I suspect she'll last a few more werls, but she's no Drag Superstar.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#95RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/8/17 at 12:40am

Nina's lip sync was actually much better. She sold the song significantly more than Aja did. Aja's first lip sync was epic but she did the same stunts with what was a much softer song this time around. Nina entertained. I think Ru is hoping Nina would turn around, find her inner saboteur and fight it. I'm hoping Ru is right. Even if she isn't - we don't get to say anything lol. She don't give a f...

I think Trinity is a fierce contender since she delivers the goods during challenges, but you have point about her runway looks - she sticks to her silhouette (which Nina got read for this episode). Valentina continues to be that girl who can walk out in a diaper and they will EAT. HER. UP. 

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#96RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/10/17 at 1:46pm

The reason Nina stayed instead of Aja was because she's was in total control of the performance. Aja seemed too focused on Nina and that's a killer when it comes to that. 

By the way, you can watch me discuss this with my friend Soju in our recap episode! 

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#97RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/10/17 at 2:50pm

No love for Peppermint for top three? 

I thought her lip sync was hilarious (in a good way) and spot on. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#98RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/15/17 at 2:42pm

BobbyBubbi said: "No love for Peppermint for top three? 

I thought her lip sync was hilarious (in a good way) and spot on. 
"

Even with her latest challenge win, I don't see it. I think she's one of the weakest queens left in the competition at this point.

wonderfulwizard11
#99RuPaul's Drag Race season 9
Posted: 5/15/17 at 3:35pm

I really like Peppermint and at this point wouldn't e shocked to see her in the Top 4 at least. She isn't the most innovative queen, but she's lots of fun and is a legend. I fully expect her to win Miss Congeniality though. 

Maybe this is just me, but is anyone else not fully on the Valentina train? I get that she's gorgeous and a better performer than I would have expected, but something is missing. She's sort of devoid of any persona, which isn't really true of the rest of the bunch, even messes like Alexis and Nina.