pixeltracker

Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!- Page 3

Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#50Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/8/17 at 8:07pm

I might not even risk it because I'm planning on catching a train home. And God knows how predictable NYC traffic is.

Emmaloucbway
#51Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/8/17 at 8:19pm

I got in as well!!!!! I'm so excited!! :)

RestingOtter
#52Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 8:22am

I got in too!!!

nolanativeny
#53Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 12:47pm

I got in! I'm definitely going to make it work. So excited!

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#54Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 12:51pm

I'll be there too, can't wait!! :)

sonyaisgood
#55Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:08pm

I got in too!! Are they gonna be checking us in or anything? I've seen a few people post pictures of their email with the time and address so I'm worried about it being packed, but from what I see on google images the place doesn't look super tiny. 

LxGstv
#56Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:43pm

That is an excellent question sonyaisgood... also I wonder if the confirmation email guarantees "admission"...

It seems like the kind of thing where they would send more invitations than they can actually seat just in case some people don't show up?

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#57Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 2:05pm

Anyone know if they're transferrable? Turns out I won't be able to make it Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13! and I want to know if I can have a friend go instead of me.

LxGstv
#58Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 2:15pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "Anyone know if they're transferrable? Turns out I won't be able to make it Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13! and I want to know if I can have a friend go instead of me.

"

This is exactly why I believe they sent out more invitations than they can actually "seat"... I didn't see an option of opting out due to unforeeen circumstances and I doubt they'd be willing to risk not having the number of people that they need.

Theatricality Profile Photo
Theatricality
#59Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/12/17 at 4:56pm

To anyone who is lucky enough to go tomorrow, please share your experiences here!

Updated On: 2/12/17 at 04:56 PM

Willie4316
#60Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/12/17 at 5:26pm

I'll be sure to share as much as I can and as quickly as possible.

disneybroadwayfan22
#61Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/12/17 at 5:40pm

LxGstv said: "Leaf Coneybear said: "Anyone know if they're transferrable? Turns out I won't be able to make it Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13! and I want to know if I can have a friend go instead of me.

"

This is exactly why I believe they sent out more invitations than they can actually "seat"... I didn't see an option of opting out due to unforeeen circumstances and I doubt they'd be willing to risk not having the number of people that they need.

"

Great note! So, I should have a small dinner before coming in the place. Should I print my e-mail out?

SaveSave

VintageSnarker
#62Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/12/17 at 5:41pm

I've been to the venue before for a concert and it's a relatively big place. I mean, not compared to a Broadway theater, but it's not a tiny room. Still, I think it's best to show up early. Hopefully it won't be too chaotic. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#63Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 6:50am

Today is the day :) See you guys soon!

LVA2001
#64Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 11:06am

I got in, but am only 16. I didn't see anything about an age limit, do you guys think I will be fine?

disneybroadwayfan22
#65Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 12:16pm

Yeah, there's no age limit :)

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#66Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 1:35pm

Any idea if they'll be checking ID or any credentials?

disneybroadwayfan22
#67Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 2:15pm

I had to bring my ID anyway bc of my bus ride. But yeah totally bring your ID

Willie4316
#68Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 8:07pm

Just finished the session. 

First... I was surprised how many people were there. When I got off the train, the line went halfway around the block. Line thinned out quickly though, apparently people who didn't actually win but heard where it was being recorded tried to get in. People were all checked in by 6:30. 

They did a small Q&A while waiting for Dave Malloy and Josh Groban(surprise!). When they got there, they wrapped up with a few questions for Dave and Josh and then we started. 

We started with the shakers in Balaga. Dave taught the 3 different paces during the song that we had to shake along with. We did 2 takes with the shakers and we're done. 

Next we did My Gypsy Lovers. He broke down the song first into the melody, then the harmony, then the whole thing. We tried it first with basses/altos, then sopranos/tenors. 2-3 takes for that, then we were good. 

Unfortunately we didn't get to do The Duel, I imagine that would be perhaps because our allotted time slot was up. 

Ultimately it was a fun experience IMO. Got to chat with some great people, sing on one of my favorite show's cast album, and received a shaker and photo signed by Dave, Josh and Denee as souvenirs. 

RestingOtter
#69Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:11pm

I was also there.  It was a lot of fun.  My favorite part aside from the recording was the debate over the real lyrics in "Goodbye My Gypsy Lovers".  And that Dave Malloy was wrong about what the lyrics were.

sondmon
#70Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:29pm

I was there also. It was a lot of fun and we got out at exactly 730. Though i highly doubt that any of her signatures on the photo are authentic. I doubt they all signed 500 times.

Theatricality Profile Photo
Theatricality
#71Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/18/17 at 9:56am

Comet singers, did anyone mention when this might be released while you were there?

sonyaisgood
#72Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/18/17 at 10:50am

Theatricality said: "Comet singers, did anyone mention when this might be released while you were there?

"

Sadly, no. :/ I was surprised no one asked about it during the q/a..

disneybroadwayfan22
#73Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/18/17 at 12:00pm

No, it wasn't mentioned.

Can't believe I haven't talked about my experience yet. I'm sorry.

Anyway, I got to NYC around 3:10ish, had a small dinner at 4, and got to the building at 5. Thank God I did because the line was building up. Even though we were supposed to start at 6, it started at 6:22. Davey, Josh, and two ensemble members were late. Wish it was handled better, but two guys entertained us in the mean time, which was nice. 

We only did the egg shakers/Whooooooaaaaaa's during Balaga and Goodbye, Gypsy Lovers. Disappointed we didn't do the Dual, but it's okay. They had to go back and finish recording. Davey, Josh, and two ensemble members were so much fun. At one, Davey forget the lyrics, so he and Josh were debated and it was hilarious. We were finished an hour later, just in time for me to catch my bus home.

I'm so grateful that my dream to be in a OBC album came true and it was a great night!  

willep
#74Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!
Posted: 2/18/17 at 12:15pm

For the record, the "two guys" were Jimi and Tommy of Jim and Tomic's Musical Theatre Happy Hour. The ensemble members were Katrina Yaukey and Alex Gibson.

When we were in line around 5:15 they were mentioning that they were planning to start at 6:30 and go for an hour.