pixeltracker

God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light- Page 2

God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light

Comden Green Profile Photo
Comden Green
#25God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/19/17 at 9:09pm

Thanks rickh   Very interesting.   And it is funny that they don't see the disconnect between the price and asking an audience for understanding 

Updated On: 2/19/17 at 09:09 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#26God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/19/17 at 9:35pm

While I agree that it's fairly ridiculous to charge so much for a development production... the fact that it's a development production is ALL over the website. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#27God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/20/17 at 12:49am

screw them for charging 200$ to see a work in progress of what clearly isn't even an enjoyable train wreck - just a bad bad play.

ArtMan
#28God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/20/17 at 3:15pm

Vernon, Are you still selling your ticket?  I say get cocktailed up, go to the show and have a good time.  Resale is only gonna give you pennies on the dollar.

bk
#29God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/20/17 at 4:17pm

At this stage of his career, anyone who thinks Mr. Pacino is taking blocking directions (let alone acting directions) from anyone is living in a fool's paradise.  I can get house seats for this, but not for that price.  And sorry, you can't get away with charging top dollar and think you can call anything developmental, which is a word that didn't exist in terms of productions prior to five or six years ago.  I can't even remember when they began using it for labs (another word that didn't exist in terms of anything other than science).  You think when plays tried out out of town and required work they were called developmental?  It is to laugh.

VernonGersch
#30God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/20/17 at 10:28pm

ArtMan - gave some thought to having a cocktail but the schlep out to Pasadena coupled with the bad word of mouth - i might just eat the cost of the ticket...or give it away - or attempt to give it away

VernonGersch
#31God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light

ArtMan - gave some thought to having a cocktail but the schlep out to Pasadena coupled with the bad word of mouth - i might just eat the cost of the ticket...or give it away - or attempt to give it away

VernonGersch
#32God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light

Adair Haywind
#33God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/21/17 at 2:26pm

VernonGersch said: "ArtMan - gave some thought to having a cocktail but the schlep out to Pasadena coupled with the bad word of mouth - i might just eat the cost of the ticket...or give it away - or attempt to give it away

If you're giving it away I'll gladly take it off your hands! :)

Updated On: 2/21/17 at 02:26 PM

M.O.A.I. Profile Photo
M.O.A.I.
#34God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:24pm

If you are willing to give your ticket away and Adair can't go on the date you have (or if you've got an extra ticket), I'd gladly take it as well.

VernonGersch
#35God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:55am

yet another friend of mine said it was awful - and boring.   i'm going someone can refute this?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#36God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/24/17 at 7:31am

Vernon. Your stress about this is stressing me out. Calm down. Either don't go... or go expecting it to be terrible, which, by all accounts, it will be. Christ.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Batman3
#37God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:37pm

I saw it on Tuesday. Pacino is excellent, natural, funny, although at times he mumbles. His co-star, Miles Gaston Villanueva, could be much better. He has a nice voice, but he is not a natural and moves the hands a lot like carrying two watermelons, constantly.Overall he is jarring and I wonder how he managed to get cast opposite such a legend as Pacino.. Judith Light does indeed bring a light when she shows up, I've never seen her before so she is a welcome addition to the by then repetitive plot She can be hilarious. More Judy please, less Miles. . 

Garret whatever-his-name-is is there just for eye candy and gay twink jokes. Though, even in his small and simplistic role, shows much better acting skills than Miles. He doesn't carry watermelons,. but he is hardly worth a ticket. Which brings me to the overall play.....

There isn't a depth to the story. It doesn't matter that Pacino is playing T. Williams, he may as well be any other curiously funny sugar daddy with a penchant for younger lads. The humor works but it grows old quickly . I mean, how many times can you make twink jokes with a shirtless blond guy being dumb? Many sugar daddy jokes, many drug jokes.....but that is all. There is hardly any character development for anyone. 

Updated On: 2/24/17 at 05:37 PM

jmuep
#38God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/25/17 at 2:35am

Ha Batman3, this is what's so fascinating about plays, right?  Completely different opinions.  I thought Villanueva was the best thing about the show when I saw it.  Pacino was fine though he mumbled and lost his accent right and left, but I never for a second thought he was Tennessee Williams.  And I thought Light was in some other play entirely.  I could've completely done without her, though that may be more to do with the fact I was ready for the play to be over before she ever showed up -- and truthfully, she's such a deux ex machina, the play even jokes about it.  (Bad sign.)

I will agree with you though, it's a weak play with no character development and even less point.  There were moments that I thought were great, but overall, I'd have been really irate if I hadn't gotten a discount on tickets.  

VernonGersch
#39God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/25/17 at 8:33pm

glad i sold the tickets and the saved myself the schlep to Pasadena.

still numb about the fact that the tickets were 200 bucks each for a crap play still in development.

that's a PASSadena

Whateverjsays
#40God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/25/17 at 8:46pm

VernonGersch said: "glad i sold the tickets and the saved myself the schlep to Pasadena.

still numb about the fact that the tickets were 200 bucks each for a crap play still in development.

that's a PASSadena

"

We're glad you sold it too. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#41God Looked Away - Al Pacino & Judith Light
Posted: 2/25/17 at 9:23pm

The play might be an overlong disaster that can't hold your interest, but not this thread. It had everything: drama, pathos, and a twist at the end. We should see if Pasadena might consider putting it on next year.

Vernon: We've all been there. Too early, you run the risk of a dog. Too late, you run the risk of not seeing it.