pixeltracker

Sunday in the park (rush)- Page 3

Sunday in the park (rush)

Hairspray0901
#50Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:42pm

JeffDaEgg2 said: "So it turns out that apparently the producers are British and follow the (what I find very annoying) practice of having tickets through more than one broker.  So Telecharge has one block and then the box office and their site has another block: http://www.thehudsonbroadway.com/whatson/sunday-in-the-park-with-george/

So there are two shows tomorrow and they still have tickets on that site, but Telecharge doesn't even have it listed.  So strange.  This does explain why I had to get different tickets at the box office than i found on the Telecharge site, though; the woman explained that they had different inventory, but I didn't realize why.

"

Well this is a little unfortunate for them. I too went on telecharge to see what was available and saw no performance was listed so decided on something else. I didn't think to check their website (my mistake) but...others might do this as well and in turn, choose a different show. I know they're sold well throughout their run but, some seats might end up going unsold.  

JeffDaEgg2
#51Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:57pm

Completely agree!  Not that they care about me trying for rush, but I didn't do that today because I didn't think there was a performance (I'm sure they'll go bankrupt without my $41).  Looking at the seating chart on the Hudson site for tomorrow evening, there are more tickets than I would expect, and I suspect if they were all on Telecharge the situation would be different.

djoko84
#52Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/22/17 at 7:26am

qafgenius122 said: "To those of you who have rushed it this past week and seem to be getting there at 3 in the morning.... my plan prior to reading this thread was to get to the box office tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for 5am. There are two shows tomorrow, and I could see either.... what do you think my chances are? Should I get there earlier?! I'm really dreading getting up tomorrow at 4am as it is, so can someone please reassure me.  I have tix to Kid Victory tonight and my plan is to be home in bed and asleep by 10:30, with the help of some ZzzQuil. I really wish I was confident/lucky enough to just walk up at noon and ask for tix, and be granted cheap seats.... but I'm not and I fear there will be no discounted tix for the rest of the run, so idk what to do.... HELP!

"

Don't wake up that early. Rush later in the day.

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#53Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/22/17 at 9:13am

FYI tried the "rush later in the day" thing on Tuesday around 12:30 and everything was gone. She said there would not be anything later that day either.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#54Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/22/17 at 9:24am

There's $49 tix in the front mezz for the matinee today ($59 on-line with fees) that are going to be $139 after tomorrow. http://www.thehudsonbroadway.com/whatson/sunday-in-the-park-with-george/

Updated On: 2/22/17 at 09:24 AM

LxGstv
#55Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/22/17 at 10:24pm

Was today the last day of rush? Or will they still offer after it opens tomorrow?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#56Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 2:33am

As of now, there's no more rush. I am assuming they are waiting to see how sales are after the reviews come out to decide about another policy though the front row has been put on sale for premium price and my guess is there won't be any tickets available in a few days.

boonanas
#57Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 5:49am

Tried the rush yesterday's matinee.. line was way too long.. I arrived around 9 30

I quickly pulled up available seats and snapped up a balcony ticket for 59 after fees.. no line to.wait on.

Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#58Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 11:53am

Hi all! I'm planning a New York trip March 17-19 and was hoping to see this, but on the website it looks like there's a full week without performances March 13-20... Such a bummer! Is that typical for a show like this? Does it just mean people are off for vacation or something? 

sondmon
#59Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 12:03pm

Sophiia said: "Hi all! I'm planning a New York trip March 17-19 and was hoping to see this, but on the website it looks like there's a full week without performances March 13-20... Such a bummer! Is that typical for a show like this? Does it just mean people are off for vacation or something? 

Jake's film, Life is getting released then so he needs time to do press.

"

Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#60Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 1:58pm

@sondmon: Ah, I figured it was something like that. Thanks! I'll have to visit again :)

broadwayboy223
#61Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/23/17 at 3:16pm

Anyone know if there is rush this weekend? Coming in tomorrow and staying through Monday for a college audition. Hoping to rush/catch a show or two.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#62Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/25/17 at 11:24am

broadwayboy223 said: "Anyone know if there is rush this weekend? Coming in tomorrow and staying through Monday for a college audition. Hoping to rush/catch a show or two."

A friend went to the theater at 10am today to get tix and at least 20 people were there thinking there was rush; but unfortunately no rush. They only sold best available seats for that day. The first person in line got $59 balcony seat.

The people thought rush was still happening because it was listed on broadwayforbrokepeople.com :/

Anyway, good luck! It's a really good production so I hope you get to see it. If I were you, I'd stop by the box office 2-3 hours before the show starts and see if you get lucky.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#63Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/25/17 at 11:27am

I can also confirm no more rush. I got a $109 full-view house seat. The lady in the box office was really nice.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#64Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/25/17 at 4:24pm

$109 is great price for a house seat.

I'll admit this was one of the better rush deals out there given the seats were front row. It's rare to see that on Bway nowadays. The first time I did rush was back years ago for Aida and La Boheme (both rush tickets were for front row.)

pnewelljr
#65Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/25/17 at 8:22pm

Meaning no more rush period? Or just weekends? Or just today?

Deanjelloo
#66Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/25/17 at 8:30pm

No more rush period. They're supposed to be making an announcement Monday which must have something to do with a rush or lottery. 

Lcope53
#67Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/28/17 at 4:44pm

Now that they're offering rush again (yay!), has anyone rushed on a Sunday and gotten tickets? What time did you get there?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#68Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 3/1/17 at 12:16pm

From what I heard it seems like rush tix are seats throughout the theater. I also see $49 seats in dress circle being sold now so perhaps they didn't run out of rush tickets yet.