pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 5

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#100Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/18/17 at 10:22pm

DAME said: "@Robbie  If I am not mistaken it was last weekend of previews.  Jane and Lily were in the city doing promotion for Grace and Frankie. 

"Jane and Lily saw War Paint

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#101Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/19/17 at 1:28pm

Sorry Robbie;  my wires got crossed.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#102Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/19/17 at 1:36pm

DAME said: "Oprah, Gayle, and Bob Greene at Dolly tonight.  It is on Oprah's Instagram.  Whoopi went to yesterdays matinee.  I love all the Instagram pics. 

"

Not that it makes any difference but Oprah was actually at the show on Wednesday, May 10th. I was there.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#103Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/19/17 at 2:12pm

So were the Mikitas.  ( Jesse Tyler Ferguson and husband)

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#104Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/29/17 at 12:46am

Outside the Shubert 5/13 after Dolly w/ Bette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hco-yJXk3ak

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#105Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/29/17 at 12:51am

Dolly Curtain Call...up close and personal ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMzRenxr134#t=22.027757

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#106Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 5/31/17 at 2:01pm

This is such a happy and positive thread that I wanted to give it a bump.  I would love to see more pictures of better nightly exits from the stage door in all her different head scarfs and hats.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#107Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:21pm

View from on the Shubert stage after Dolly

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#108Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:25pm

SmokeyLady said: "This is such a happy and positive thread that I wanted to give it a bump.  I would love to see more pictures of better nightly exits from the stage door in all her different head scarfs and hats.

"Ms. Lady , Easter Bonnet Competition 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#109Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:30pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#110Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:51pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#111Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:23pm

PRIDE month Dolly Playbill

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#112Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/4/17 at 1:25pm

Fabulous.

Dollypop
#113Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/4/17 at 1:32pm

Am taking my pastor to see the show later this month (with Donna). I made sure our seats were on opposite sides of the theater. I don't think he's ready for the transformation that comes over me when the curtain rises. Seeing what I'm like during intermission will be enough.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/4/17 at 01:32 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#114Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/4/17 at 7:01pm

Best Seats in the House...Front Row Center Mezzanine A 113-112

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#115Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/4/17 at 7:11pm

I am Jealous.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#116Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/4/17 at 7:37pm

DAME said: "I am Jealous.

"I only paid $189 each 6 months ago now they cost $525 each!!!..

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#117Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:51am

At long last, after buying tickets in September, my group of eight saw Hello, Dolly! on Saturday. The show was even MORE electric than it was in the preview I attended. The audience was super pumped. Everyone in my group had the time of their lives and absolutely loved the show. The acting, music, dancing, costumes, sets, a complete hit! They also loved the whimsical touches like the horse, train, David Hyde Pierce's twitching mustache, Jennifer Simard's tomfoolery (Honestly, she needs a yellow boa in the curtain call), Bette's cute little legs and dinner antics, and the way Barnaby and Cornelius shouted, "AAAAH" and "Puddin!" They were also entranced with Kate Baldwin's melodious voice, and the Waiter's Gallop.

I put together gift bags for everyone, including Dolly pins, copies of the CD, tissues (I needed them again) and homemade Hello Dolly bars. The merchandise vendors at the theater made out very well with our group as well. 

The Shubert was great accommodating my mom. We were allowed in before the mad rush and were able to seat her (Row H center seat) before the crowd ensued. Easy to store her wheelchair. Earphones (free) were available so I got her a pair using my driver's license as collateral. They let us linger inside after the show so I was able to get some great group shots in front of the final curtain that had Hello, Dolly! emblazoned on it.

A truly memorable night of theater.

Updated On: 6/5/17 at 10:51 AM

Telegram Spam
#118Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 2:34pm

I managed to get (very good) standing room for the Sunday matinee yesterday. I arrived at the theatre around 8AM. (The box office opens at 12 on Sundays.) There were already 9 people ahead of me in line. I was startled to learn from one of these people that apparently they only sell 15 standing places per-show. Each person is allowed to buy two standing tickets. Luckily most people were only buying one ticket each. I believe I got ticket number 12. The woman behind me bought one, and then a family of three got the last two, while also managing to buy a partial view seat. 

I don't know what time the first people arrived on the SRO line, but the woman who arrived after me got there at 8:30. (As did the family behind her.)

As for the show itself: I was frankly disappointed. I think Bette Midler's voice has grown weak, and her acting is equally so. (Bordering on weird at points.) There were many times when I found my eye wandering to the supporting characters instead. In fairness, Bette does have some strong moments in the second half. But, on balance, I don't think she was the right choice at this point in her career. I am curious as to how Donna Murphy handles the role, and I wish we might have had a chance to see Patti Lupone do the part.

The highlight of the show for me was David Hyde Pierce doing "Penny In My Pocket."

As for the sets and costumes: Santo Loquasto is obviously one of the finest artists working today. Alas, in this instance, I felt like he just went to a warehouse and rented costumes and scenery created for the 1969 edition of "The Ice Capades."

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#119Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 7:39pm

Interesting.  Maybe she wasn't feeling well and thats the reason she didn't attend the awards Sunday night?  However... Jeffrey Self was there on Sunday and loved it and kind of had the same reaction most people have had.  So.. to each his own.  Look him up if you don't know him.  He is wonderful.  I just mention him because I just read his post about it.

But as to your comment ;  "" on balance, I don't think she was the right choice at this point in her career." "  Well she has won every award so far , is breaking box office records, got universal praise except for WSJ.. So she definitely is the right choice and at the right time.   I am sorry you were disappointed.  We can't all love the same things.  Thanks for the standing room info.  I am glad arriving at 8 am worked for you.  The stories of people getting in line at 4 am just seemed like a ridiculous thing to me.  No show is worth me having to be in a line at 4 am.  Looking forward to Donna and revisiting Bette. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#120Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:40pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#121Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 11:02pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#122Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/5/17 at 11:34pm

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#123Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 6:34am

photo Sold-Out.jpg

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 06:34 AM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#124Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 8:15am

I have my ticket to see Donna Murphy on 6/30. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.  In hindsight, I wish I had purchased more tickets throughout the run when they first went on sale!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany