pixeltracker

DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT- Page 2

DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#25DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 1:40pm

LizzieCurry said: "Have you seen how even the paper quality of Time Out has gotten flimsier? This is upsetting, and I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but alas. (I'm a former print newspaper employee too...laid off 9.5 years ago!)

At least it's given out for free here in NYC

"

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#26DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 7:45pm

A damn shame. But maybe he'll have more time to dedicate to The Frank DiLella Show Starring Frank DiLella.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 9:04pm

Also, Matthew Murray is leaving ATC, Lol.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2374623

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#28DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 9:32pm

Is there something going on in the greater world of theater critics, or are 3 pretty notable ones just getting the ax all at the same time? 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#29DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 11:03pm

Only Cote "got the ax". Winer and Murray both resigned for personal reasons. 

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#30DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/27/17 at 11:51pm

AC126748 said: "Only Cote "got the ax". Winer and Murray both resigned for personal reasons. 

"

Well, to be fair, Ish got the ax too. Heh DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#31DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/28/17 at 12:31am

I want to know why every time I do a search for Michal Riedel and picture of someone else comes up. Some young buck with curly red hair. 

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#32DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/28/17 at 5:31am

Speaking of DiLella, there are few people who annoy me more!! When he gets airtime, I either mute the TV or just switch channels.  Get rid of him and just have Cote take over his spot.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#33DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/28/17 at 8:04am

GreasedLightning said: "AC126748 said: "Only Cote "got the ax". Winer and Murray both resigned for personal reasons. 

"

Well, to be fair, Ish got the ax too. Heh DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT

"

I think we're all aware of that. But I was responding to the comment of three "pretty notable critics" getting the ax at the same time, which I imagine refers to Cote, Winer, and Murray all leaving/losing their jobs inside one week.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Trish2
#34DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/29/17 at 12:51am

FrontRowCenter2 said: "Speaking of DiLella, there are few people who annoy me more!! When he gets airtime, I either mute the TV or just switch channels.  Get rid of him and just have Cote take over his spot.

Was DiLella once a weather man before getting involved in theatre coverage? He's as wooden as one.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#35DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/29/17 at 1:50am

It would not surprise me if DiLella did not study broadcasting. I think if he had better training along with a smarter format he would come off much better. But as I have said in many threads they need to develop other talent for the program if Spectrum wants to get rid of the old talent. Frank does not have the proper training to carry the entire format.

VintageSnarker
#36DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
Posted: 4/29/17 at 1:57am

Eh. Frank is fine to me. Admittedly, I haven't watched since Donna stopped hosting (the DVR stopped recording it). But let's not pretend that she, Roma Torre, or the guy with the glasses who would sometimes do interviews are the most natural on camera talents. Also, Stephanie Simon shouting at everyone even when she has a microphone.