pixeltracker

FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017- Page 3

FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#50FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 6:38pm

#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "12/17 isn't showing up on Telecharge anymore. An hour ago, when I switched my ticket to that date, very few of the onstage/banquette seats had been sold. Were they made available accidentally, so Telecharge pulled them?"

Strange! You'd think they would have realized sooner, because regular, non-stage seating tickets to that performance have been available for a long time.
"

Have they been? I didn't realize that. Recently, that date has been blacked out on the performance calendar, so I just assumed it hadn't been on there until this morning.

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 06:38 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#51FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 7:11pm

(I'm having trouble getting the photo to show up.)

So I did purchase the $32 on-stage seats this morning, but now, after seeing the above photo, I'm kind of regretting my purchase. It looks really high up! Plus, if I'm in the second row up there, how will we see anything over people's heads? 

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 07:11 PM

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#52FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 7:12pm

Any idea if this could/would extend, or is this a strictly limited engagement? I know the BAND musical is coming in -- but, not until the summer, right? Thoughts?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#53FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 7:34pm

CT2NYC said: "#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "12/17 isn't showing up on Telecharge anymore. An hour ago, when I switched my ticket to that date, very few of the onstage/banquette seats had been sold. Were they made available accidentally, so Telecharge pulled them?"

Strange! You'd think they would have realized sooner, because regular, non-stage seating tickets to that performance have been available for a long time.
"

Have they been? I didn't realize that. Recently, that date has been blacked out on the performance calendar,so I just assumed it hadn't been on there until this morning.
"

That date was definitely there before; it didn't just show up yesterday (I remember seeing it when I was trying to figure out when I wanted to go, and that was last week maybe?). 

One good thing about the second row of the upper level stage seating is that you can lean forward because there's no one behind you. It really wasn't a bad view at all for Twelfth Night, and I'm assuming this will be very similar. 

I'd imagine an extension is largely dependent on the actors' availability. Rylance seems like a busy guy (I have no idea if he has any upcoming projects, though).

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#54FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 7:39pm

>Any idea if this could/would extend, or is this a strictly limited engagement?<

It cannot. Strictly limited engagement. 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#55FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 8:48pm

One good thing aboutthe second row of the upper level stage seating is that you can lean forward because there's no one behind you. It really wasn't a bad view at all for Twelfth Night, and I'm assuming this will be very similar.

Thanks, #1Elphie!

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#56FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 7:09am

macnyc said: "(I'm having trouble getting the photo to show up.)

So I did purchase the $32 on-stage seats this morning, but now, after seeing the above photo, I'm kind of regretting my purchase. It looks really high up! Plus, if I'm in the second row up there, how will we see anything over people's heads?
"

We worried about that, too, so bought ground level instead.  Ah well, it's only money.  I guess we'll be eating $1 slices that weekend instead of fancier fare.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#57FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:50am

While not perfect, the Telecharge website has a new seating chart for the onstage seats, which makes the location of each seat clearer when purchasing tickets.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#58FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 12:00pm

Regarding on stage seating .... so the higher seat numbers are closer to the main audience and the front of the stage??

Does anyone know what will be located in the alleyway between the two sets of onstage seats?  Meaning between seats 10 and 12 in the upper level or between seats 6 and 8 in the lower level?

Updated On: 11/2/17 at 12:00 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#59FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 12:14pm

JPeterman said: "Regarding on stage seating .... so the higher seat numbers are closer to the main audience and the front of the stage??"

Yes. This seating chart does a better job of communicating that:

FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#60FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 2:12pm

JPeterman said: Does anyone know what will be located in the alleyway between the two sets of onstage seats? Meaning between seats 10 and 12 in the upper level or between seats 6 and 8 in the lower level?"

I think it's just an aisle between the benches.

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#61FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:25pm

I sat last row Mezz for Michael Moore's show.  View was great.  I grabbed those $32 seats. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#62FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:27pm

Good to know! I had been wondering how those seats are. A friend doesn't like heights, so the last row of the mezz may be better than the Belasco balcony for her.

LxGstv
#63FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:29pm

macnyc said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Where are the $32 seats located?"

They are in the balcony, the last row of the mezzanine, and the top row of the on-stage seating. Also there are someon the far sides of the second row of the banquette seating in the orchestra, but I haven't seen those for sale.
"

I stopped by the box office and asked about the $32 banquette seating in the orchestra and the person said that they were always $167 for those seats.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#64FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:48pm

Thanks for asking! But why does Telecharge list them? Also, I need to ask about the upper boxes.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#65FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:55pm

Does anyone know what dates the opera singer (whose name I can't remember) isn't playing Farinelli?

Also are the $30 onstage seats worth it?

LxGstv
#66FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/2/17 at 3:57pm

They had it listed on the board price for $32 as well, it said orchestra banquette seating $32-$167.

The person didn’t say if it was obstructed or partial view for the $32 on stage seating, as the “sets aren’t built yet”.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#67FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/4/17 at 4:06pm

I just got a message from Telecharge; apparently tickets for opening night were sold in error, so I now need to reschedule (or get a refund). I'm really annoyed about it, because I got what I think are the best $32 onstage seats and now those aren't available for most other performances. I'm on the phone now trying to reschedule. Sorry, CT2NYC. FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#68FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/4/17 at 6:44pm

#1Elphie said: "I just got a message from Telecharge; apparently tickets for opening night were sold in error, so I now need to reschedule (or get a refund). I'm really annoyed about it,because I got what I think are the best $32 onstage seats and now those aren't available for most other performances. I'm on the phone now trying to reschedule. Sorry, CT2NYC. FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017"

No problem, it was worth the risk. I only need 1 seat, so I'm just getting a refund. I'll find another date, and stop by the box office when I'm in the city on Monday to see The Band's Visit. That way I can save myself the Telecharge fees.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#69FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/22/17 at 10:09am

Bargain hunters! I just noticed that the $32 orchestra seats are now being sold. They are on the far side of Row B in the orchestra. If you are seeing $157 tickets in that row, go farther to the side, and the $32 seats should pop up. The first two rows of the orchestra have been removed and turned into banquette seating. I don't know what these will look like, but the website says, "Enjoy the show on our plush, custom-built banquettes with backs and cushions, in the first two rows of the orchestra. Tickets starting from $32." Apparently this was done in London. I'm expecting good views from there!

Updated On: 11/22/17 at 10:09 AM

nmlhats
#70FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/22/17 at 2:55pm

Here is the calendar....looks like Davies is not doing matinees and is out for a week in March. So mostly, he will be there. There are two other countertenors filling in for the shows Davies isn't doing.

http://www.farinelliandthekingbroadway.com/tickets.php?_ga=2.95046549.866967474.1511380569-841393793.1511380569

(BTW, for anyone who digs countertenors, I heard an amazing one last weekend--Aryeh Nussbaum Cohen. A rising star to be sure. His singing is so effortless and smooth, no breathiness at all. he was one of the Met Council winners no too long ago.)

Updated On: 11/22/17 at 02:55 PM

LxGstv
#71FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/22/17 at 8:21pm

macnyc said: "Bargain hunters! I just noticed that the $32 orchestra seats are now being sold. They are on the far side of Row B in the orchestra. If you are seeing $157 tickets in that row, go farther to the side, and the $32 seats should pop up. The first two rows of the orchestra have been removed and turned into banquette seating. I don't know what these will look like, but the website says, "Enjoy the show on our plush, custom-built banquettes with backs and cushions, in the first two rows of the orchestra. Tickets starting from $32." Apparently this was done in London. I'm expecting good views from there!"

Thank you for posting this, was able to get a banquette seat, second row! I have a feeling it will be a better view than the stage $32 seats...

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#72FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/22/17 at 9:44pm

^^^ That's what I'm thinking too!

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#73FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/23/17 at 6:21pm

If anyone is interested, Telecharge is selling opening night tickets for 12/17 again. There are a smattering of rear mezz ($79 and $32) and balcony seats ($32) still available.