pixeltracker

Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena- Page 4

Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#75Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 11:53am

Kad said: "Broadway Joe said: "Kad said: "Do you not worry about being shot in a movie theater or a school or a church, like those massacres carried out by non-Muslims in Colorado, Connecticut, or South Carolina?" 

All awful events but none of those were done in the name of a religion. Obviously all Muslims aren't terrorists, that's not my point but this religion has a horrible problem with numerous different aspects around the world that shouldn't be acceptable and needs to be changed. 
"

All were carried out by individuals with radical beliefs. What does it matter if it they were secular beliefs or religious? Doctrines needn't be religious to be followed and stretched to a dangerous extreme. The Third Reich justified their ethnic cleansing through science.
"

Well said. Christianity still gets stretched to idealogical extremes all the time- just last year a man bombed a Planned Parenthood in Colorado and killed three people. Christianity, through conversion therapy, is responsible for the torture and eventual suicide of how many gay people? All radical ideology is bad, but that doesn't justify singling out one religion or ethnic group. There are ways to combat it, but that isn't helpful. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#76Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 11:53am

Let's be honest, all organised religion causes or has caused mass death, judgment, oppression and more. And I couldn't give a damn about the bombers name, he's irrelevant and deserves zero mentions. Thanks for clearing that up by the way Broadway Joe x

I will say one thing political today as it angers me, American government needs to stop giving so much money to Middle East like Saudi Arabia when they have members that are suspected of funding terrorism. We need to stop funding and giving arms to those who use it to hate us, American government is the worst for this (this has nothing to do with the US people who I love). Putting more money in to the Arms of violence and war is not helping us, it's helping them. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#77Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:13pm

Please, Allah--don't let this thread descend into more of qolbinau's inane verbal diarrhea.

Please, Jeebus! Please Yahweh.

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 12:13 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#78Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:34pm

songanddanceman2 said: "I will say one thing political today as it angers me, American government needs to stop giving so much money to Middle East like Saudi Arabia when they have members that are suspected of funding terrorism. We need to stop funding and giving arms to those who use it to hate us, American government is the worst for this (this has nothing to do with the US people who I love). Putting more money in to the Arms of violence and war is not helping us, it's helping them."

I absolutely agree with all of this. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#79Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:49pm

Kad said "...you haven't even been discussing terrorism in this thread. Not every critical comment people make is intended to include"

It's pretty obvious that I'm on the side of discussing terrorism in this thread. I'm part of the group that is being chastised. None of us were named individually, so yes, it is about me.

The chip you have on your shoulder for me is showing.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

songanddanceman2
#80Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:57pm

Jane, move on.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#81Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:58pm

I thought I had until I saw that last post of Kad's. I'm not the only one who needs to move on, song.

This whole thread should end.

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 12:58 PM

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#82Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:04pm

A Vigil to honor and remember the victims will soon begin in Manchester.  That will remain my focus.

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 01:04 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#83Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:12pm

No one is directly blaming the religion, just as no one would directly blame the religion of christianity for a racist who happens to be christian.

So, this is your first day in the United States?  Conservative hypocritical morons ALWAYS blame the religion (as well as any country in the Middle East).  ALWAYS.  They usually happen to be the racists who claim to be Christians as well.  This has been business as usual in the US since 9/11.  One must admit and acknowledge the pervasive nature of American Christian ignorance and hypocrisy in order to eventually quash it.  Naivety is dangerous and, in every case, downright deadly.  SHAME ON YOU.

It has everything to do with Islam.

As long as we raise people with the idea that their identity is defined by a god/religion, we create people disconnected from the human mind and those people will never truly understand right from wrong.

Wrong.  It has everything to do with the attacker's ideology they claim to be acting on.  You don't know who claims religion is their "full identity" or not.  You don't know the extent of any stranger's "identity"/  There are FAR more religious followers that are not terrorists.  If you think everyone who follows religion "will never truly understand right from wrong" and that it is religion itself that leads to terrorism, OR that every terrorist claims their religion is their "full identity", then you do not understand how many religious people actually exist in the world.  Or how many people are coerced and controlled into their involvement base on political/economic change.  Your religious bigotry is part of the problem.  Shame on you.

It is time to acknowledge that the religion of Islam is at a time of reckoning and must go through its own reformation; just as Christianity once did.

Yeah.  That worked so well.  Christianity has only been peaceful and lovely since the year 1685.

It's a religion that hasn't evolved.

You believe all Muslims are the same?  If all Muslims were like one of the terrorists, we would all be dead already.

Strength and compassion mean very little if you're dead, and not around to experience/witness it. 

That is quite possibly the most pointless, thoughtless, heartless and stupidest remark I've ever read on these boards.

Judaism, Catholicism, Christianity and even Buddhism (to an extent) have gone through a transformation/evolution.

First, Catholicism is part of Christianity.  Second, what do you think will be achieved by restoration?  You think Christianity and Catholicism are much improved?  More peaceful?  Which cult do you subscribe to?  The Alternative Fact Church of Latter-Day Blame?

Let's be honest, all organised religion causes or has caused mass death, judgment, oppression and more.

Precisely.  Pre- and Post-Reformation, as if reformation is indicative of anything.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Liza's Headband
#84Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:20pm

I'll say it again: Islam has never gone through reformation. Now is the time. Whether that ultimately kills the root of its radical perversion or not is impossible to know, but it would be a positive first step in the right direction. 

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 01:20 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#85Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:29pm

Since the Quron contains so many verses dealing with waging war on non believers, what prompted the worldwide terrorist  attacks we've been seeing in recent years, since 9/11. There have been non believers since day one. I'm guessing it's the change of guard.

Mister Matt
#86Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:30pm

I'll say it again

Why?  What is your precedent that reformation reduces extremism and violence in the name of any religion?

Liza's Headband
#87Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:33pm

Would you rather we do absolutely nothing to stem the radical perversion of the Islamic faith? 

Miss American Profile Photo
Miss American
kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#89Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:38pm

adamgreer said: "I'm shocked and appalled that so many people in here want to wipe out an entire religion."

Personally, I'd like to wipe out all of them. Religion is ****ing stupid. There's no big daddy in the sky listening to anyone's insane rantings.

ETA: I won't erase history, or deny that this comment is in accord with my thinking on the matter of religion, but I regret expressing my thoughts in this manner. This is a discussion which can only operate on reason and persuasion, and my comment clearly did not contribute to that. I only want to "wipe out" religion by convincing people to think in a different way, and hostile language like mine is antithetical to that goal.

Updated On: 5/24/17 at 01:38 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#90Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:42pm

kdogg36 said: "adamgreer said: "I'm shocked and appalled that so many people in here want to wipe out an entire religion."

Personally, I'd like to wipe out all of them. Religion is ****ing stupid. There's no big daddy in the sky listening to anyone's insane rantings.

"

Agreed there, at least we would only be fighting over resources and money if that happened.  

Mister Matt
#91Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:45pm

Would you rather we do absolutely nothing to stem the radical perversion of the Islamic faith?

That question has nothing to do with your oft-repeated theory of reformation as some sort of a solution.  You are the one citing other religions as examples.  Since you are so fond of repetition, what is your precedent that reformation reduces extremism and violence in the name of any religion?  

I think your repetition needs reformation.

songanddanceman2
#92Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:46pm

The Vigil happening here in Manchester right now should show people what kind of city we are.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#93Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:00pm

There's no reason to doubt what kind of city you are. Too bad that does't affect terrorists. The beauty of the city probably angers them even more.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#94Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:05pm

The attacker was born and raised in Britain. Most of these attacks have been carried out by home grown terrorists.

Instead of attacking Islam I think a better approach would be to stop and figure out what is making these young men feel so disenfranchised they strap bombs to themselves and blow up innocent people.

songanddanceman2
#95Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:06pm

Indeed, but they won't win here, not today, not any other day. Seeing every religion, atheists, gays, straight, trans all out today in memory is something they can't break. That's why that has to remain the most important thing. We have Muslims handing out free food, sikhs handing out free drinks, trans and gays hugging builders and big butch blokes, kids of all colours holding hands. Sometimes that is the answer. 

Mister Matt
#96Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:15pm

The attacker was born and raised in Britain. Most of these attacks have been carried out by home grown terrorists.

The conservative bigots will never acknowledge that.  They need to blame immigrants and foreigners and Islam and [insert Middle-Eastern country name here].  They need to tell other religions what to do, such as "reformation" because it makes them feel better to say "do as we say, not as we do".  Empowerment comes from saying "we know better" even though we really have no evidence to back it up.  It's the same condescending hypocrisy that inflames extremists and leads to violence and electing Trump.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#97Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:56pm

songanddanceman2 said: "Indeed, but they won't win here, not today, not any other day. Seeing every religion, atheists, gays, straight, trans all out today in memory is something they can't break. That's why that has to remain the most important thing. We have Muslims handing out free food, sikhs handing out free drinks, trans and gays hugging builders and big butch blokes, kids of all colours holding hands. Sometimes that is the answer."

I agree with every word of this, other than the spelling of "colours."

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#98Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 4:36pm

"The attacker was born and raised in Britain. Most of these attacks have been carried out by home grown terrorists."

How many times have I argued this point over the past few years? We have to find what the trigger is that causes these young kids (most of them are in their 20's) to become radicalized. From what I have been told (I have not witnessed it myself) The Muslim community in Europe is treated differently then they are here. Well, that is until 9/11 and the recent courting of the Xeno and Islamiphobes by the Trump campaign. Until we fully understand that, we will never be able to really fight terrorism. You can't put boots to ground to fight an ideology.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#99Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 5:08pm

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 5/23/17 at 05:08 PM