pixeltracker

Places to stay in New York??- Page 2

Places to stay in New York??

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#25Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/7/17 at 6:50pm

Will3700 said: "My sister and I stay at Hotel Edison. We had stayed at Milford Plaza before it was changed to Row NYC We find Hotel Edison very comfortable and reasonable and the best location in the Theater District in my opinion.

"

I second that but book now!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 7/7/17 at 06:50 PM

LxGstv
#26Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/7/17 at 9:38pm

As an Airbnb host myself, I would recommend Airbnb... before doing Airbnb all my family members used to stay in hotels and they were always overpriced for the space they would get...

Airbnb has a lot of great deals and you can stay with hosts that enjoy theater as well!

schubox
#27Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/7/17 at 11:20pm

Phantom4ever said: "I just did a search for the dates you listed and Amsterdam Court seems to be the winner.   Right on 50th street in the theater district.  You have to watch out for some of these hotels because they put "Times Square south" or "Times Square West" in the title of the hotel and you think that means it's on the west or south side of Times Square.  No.  It means that it is FAR west of Times Square, like 38th and 11th or something ridiculous like that.  Also, watch out for Manhattan Broadway Budget.  The one time I stayed there, we found random  people in our room more than once when we returned, with no explanation from the front desk.  

"

I'm writing this from a room in the Amsterdam Court. Got a good rate, great location. The rooms are small but they are clean and comfortable. No free wifi either 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#28Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/7/17 at 11:48pm

Samara.tanner said: "I apologize, looking back at my original message I realized I said 3 nights, 7/21-25; It should be 3 nights, 7/22-25.

I've been looking at Amsterdam Court Hotel, it seems to be the cheapest, albeit being pretty small. $470 for three nights total. Has anyone had any experience staying there? 

"Why stay there when you can stay at the EDISON for USD $466.56. Queen Bed..I just checked ! Far better hotel all around for pretty much the same price!

I've heard bed bug issues in the past at the Amsterdam!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

schubox
#29Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 12:18am

No big issues here in the Amsterdam. They are remodeling, and it's not the best hotel I've ever been in, but like I said, great location and clean.

the rooms are small, but that never bothered me. I'm barely in my room when I'm in New York 

thatsnicelady
#30Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 3:43am

I agree. I stayed in Amsterdam Court when I was there in April. It wasn't amazing, but it was clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. It was walking distance to everything you need and the train station is right on the corner. It was a little noisy at night but it didn't bother me.

I've stayed in Hotel Edison too and it was very, very nice. So if it's not that much more expensive, I'd go for it.

I'm staying in an AirBnB next week though. It's a private apartment for less than $600 for 10 nts...almost exactly what I paid for 3 nts at Amsterdam Court. It's in a decent neighborhood in the Bronx and only one train ride to Times Square/Broadway. I'd definitely recommend you look into it. I've used AirBnB here and overseas for a few years and I've only had positive experiences. Always much cheaper than a hotel, especially if you don't mind sharing a home/bathroom you can get a good deal much closer to Times Square.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#31Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 7:30am

Growl, thanks for the tip on applecorehotels.com.  Definitely is in my range.

Stephanatic

pg1287
#32Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 9:29am

I just got back from my first NYC theater trip (had a blast, by the way!) and I stayed at The Lexington by Autograph Collection at Lexington Ave & 48th St. Got a very reasonable rate ($140/night) and the hotel had really cool décor (Marilyn Monroe/old school NYC vibe). About a 10 minute walk to Times Square but there at several subway and bus stops nearby also.

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#33Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 10:12am

We have been using Priceline for annual trips to New York for over a decade, and have never been disappointed with the hotel.  A quick search shows that for your time, using Priceline Express, you can get a 3* hotel in Times Square for $128, a 3.5* hotel for $126, and a 4* hotel for $145 (you do have to factor in fees and taxes).  I have found that rates on Priceline Express range from about 1/2 to 2/3 what you would pay directly. You might also consider staying just outside of Times Square -- we usually opt for Midtown West or Central Park South -- walking distance from the theaters, but a little quieter.

stlrod
#34Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:03am

You can get your first two nights at the very nice Renaissance Midtown for $317 plus tax total (includes a cocktail.)  Unfortunately, the 3rd night is a killer.  If you back it up a day, you can get all 3 nights for $497 plus tax (same nights I have booked.) If interested, go to marriott.com, click on the box for promotional code and enter NPR (stands for National Promotional Rate.)  Fairfield Inn 5th Avenue is available for $485 plus tax for your 3 nights without a promo code (just sign up for Marriott Rewards as you make reservation.). Travelzoo also has the Distrikt for $166 plus tax per night for King bed and includes a $15 per stay food and beverage credit.  A little more but well-regarded hotel.

Updated On: 7/8/17 at 11:03 AM

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#35Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:13am

Are AirBNB listings legal? I am not up on the latest.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#36Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:25am

I also recommend using Priceline and checking out the options under Express Deals. They don't tell you the name of the hotel until you book, but it does give you the location, the star rating, the guest score, and the amenities. I just checked for July 21-23, and there are several 3 to 4-star hotels in your price range, all in the Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, and Bryant Park areas.

Updated On: 7/8/17 at 11:25 AM

LxGstv
#37Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:33am

Stage Door Sally said: "Are AirBNB listings legal? I am not up on the latest.

"

They are as long as it's a private bedroom, meaning the host lives there as well. Entire apartments are only legal if you rent out for more than 30 days. So most of the "entire apartments" listed on Airbnb are in fact, illegal...

Paying $470 a night for a hotel just sounds insane, that's two premium tickets to most Broadway shows right there!

stlrod
#38Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 12:14pm

LxGstv said: "Paying $470 a night for a hotel just sounds insane, that's two premium tickets to most Broadway shows right there!"

Nobody's talking about paying $470 a night that weekend.  It's one of the cheapest weekends in NYC.  There are many deals to be had on hotels if you know how to search.  Someone mentioned Hyatt House earlier at $180.  You can get it for $170 if you you use the promo code Jetsetter on orbitzand it is cancelable in case prices go down even further.  You will also earn Orbucks to be used later.

"

Updated On: 7/8/17 at 12:14 PM

LxGstv
#39Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 12:21pm

stlrod said: "LxGstv said: "Paying $470 a night for a hotel just sounds insane, that's two premium tickets to most Broadway shows right there!"

Nobody's talking about paying $470 a night that weekend.  It's one of the cheapest weekends in NYC.  There are many deals to be had on hotels if you know how to search.  Someone mentioned Hyatt House earlier at $180.  You can get it for $170 if you you use the promo code Jetsetter on orbitzand it is cancelable in case prices go down even further.  You will also earn Orbucks to be used later.

"

"

I just read the quoted message that mentioned $466, now I see that it was for a 3 night stay and not the daily rate.

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#40Places to stay in New York??
Posted: 7/8/17 at 12:29pm

Phantom4ever said: "I just did a search for the dates you listed and Amsterdam Court seems to be the winner.   Right on 50th street in the theater district.  You have to watch out for some of these hotels because they put "Times Square south" or "Times Square West" in the title of the hotel and you think that means it's on the west or south side of Times Square.  No.  It means that it is FAR west of Times Square, like 38th and 11th or something ridiculous like that.  Also, watch out for Manhattan Broadway Budget.  The one time I stayed there, we found random  people in our room more than once when we returned, with no explanation from the front desk.  

I've been happy with my stays at row NYC, Paramount , Mayfair. I recently stayed at the  Amsterdam court hotel.  I would never stay there again. The dresser the TV was on look like something you would find abandoned on the side of the street.

The room is small and dark it reminds me of a prison cell.  Housekeeping did not replenish things I ran out of – toilet paper, Kleenex, paper cups. There is a rooftop patio but the lounge next to it is a closed and used as a junk room which is simply hideous to look at.  In all the years I've gone to New York it's way at the bottom of my my list of hotels.

Check for deals. In November I got an incredibly good price at the Renaissance Hotel which was quite nice.

Videos