pixeltracker

Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?) - Page 2

Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)

ren598
#25Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 2:26pm

Just go to telechargeoffers.com and click on the Hello Dolly! - Discount Tickets link.  This link find tickets for Donna Murphy's next performance which is 7/30.  There's still plenty of tickets left in the orchestra.  Even front row center.

Messytheatregirl
#26Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:19pm

In the rear mezz of that theater, you feel like you are towering over the stage. In my opinion, it was an extremely awkward place to sit. I would have much rather sit in the back of the left or right orchestra, and they aren't that much more expensive. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:55pm

The rows mentioned in the mezzanie are good.  It's the balcony that is not for everyone.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

tiramisu_girl
#28Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:09pm

Sat on Row B center mezz and thought it was the perfect view. There's currently one ticket for July 28, row A center mezz for "only" $189. 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#29Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:15pm

We still haven't gotten tickets, and seeing the show is still up in the air, but who have you preferred as Dolly? The general consensus here seems to be that both are really good, but I'm kind of hesitant at seeing it without Bette, even though Donna seems excellent and tickets are cheaper.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#30Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:19pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "We still haven't gotten tickets, and seeing the show is still up in the air, but who have you preferred as Dolly? The general consensus here seems to be that both are really good, but I'm kind of hesitant at seeing it without Bette, even though Donna seems excellent and tickets are cheaper.

"

Donna is excellent .  Bette is excellent and a event .  It all depends on you .  

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#31Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:25pm

The truth is, whether you see Bette or Donna, you'll be very curious to see how the other one is.

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#32Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/26/17 at 7:11pm

Just a heads up for people wanting to get tickets.  There are Orchestra Tix. row T (last row) available for $189.   I bought one for my friend.  I believe it's a Bette Midler performance since I haven't read in any blogs or news that Bette won't be performing next weekend.  I believe as of 7:00 pm EST, July 26 there are three tix available.  

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#33Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 1:22am

Yes it is worth it.  It is worth it with Bette.  It is worth it with Donna.  And yes;  there can't be enough Hello Dolly threads on this board. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#34Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:56pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "We still haven't gotten tickets, and seeing the show is still up in the air, but who have you preferred as Dolly? The general consensus here seems to be that both are really good, but I'm kind of hesitant at seeing it without Bette, even though Donna seems excellent and tickets are cheaper.

Like DAME said, HELLO, DOLLY! with Bette Midler is an event. You're seeing an international megastar in a Broadway show, and that doesn't happen every day. That being said, if you decide to see Donna Murphy, you won't be seeing a lesser show, just a slightly different one. There's a reason why Donna is Bette's alternate. She's a 2-time Tony winner who's right for this role, and she nails it. I saw the show twice with Bette, and I thought she was fabulous, but I really fell in love with the show when I saw it with Donna. For me, the show felt more balanced with her, and I was able to take it all in without thinking half the time, "Wow, that's Bette Midler on the stage!" Also, the fact that my seat was so perfect when I saw it with Donna really took it to another level. Whatever your choice, though, you'll be seeing a first-rate production, and the rest of the brilliant cast, the wonderful ensemble, the beautiful sets and costumes, and the orchestra will all be the same, regardless of who's playing Dolly.

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 12:56 PM

petewk87
#35Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 2:32pm

I got a couple seats in Row K, side orchestra maybe 5 seats from the center. Would those be good enough, without obstructions? Thanks!

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#36Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 2:35pm

They should be fine!

Itonlytakesajourney
#37Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 5:09pm

My aunt and I are planning to buy tickets later tonight for the August 1st performance, and we'll most likely be getting two for the front row in the left mezz. Thanks for your help, everybody! 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#38Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:24pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "My aunt and I are planning to buy tickets later tonight for the August 1st performance, and we'll most likely be getting two for the front row in the left mezz. Thanks for your help, everybody! 

Just to give you a heads-up about seating in the front row of the left or right mezzanine. If you're on the aisle, there's a bar there that could be a slight obstruction, or so I've read. I can't comment on it personally, since I haven't sat there, but I wanted to let you know. You can see it in the pic below, which I found on Yelp:

https://imgur.com/a/rSqVJ

As you can see, it's not very high, and, from a few rows back, it doesn't present much of a distraction. However, if you're right next to it, it could be a nuisance. 

Itonlytakesajourney
#39Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:32pm

CT2NYC said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "My aunt and I are planning to buy tickets later tonight for the August 1st performance, and we'll most likely be getting two for the front row in the left mezz. Thanks for your help, everybody! 

Just to give you a heads-up about seating in the front row of the left or right mezzanine. If you're on the aisle, there's a bar there that could be a slight obstruction, or so I've read. I can't comment on it personally, since I haven't sat there, but I wanted to let you know. You can see it in the pic below, which I found on Yelp:

https://imgur.com/a/rSqVJ

As you can see, it's not very high, and, from a few rows back, it doesn't present much of a distraction. However, if you're right next to it, it could be a nuisance. 

Yikes that's a bit of a bother. Thanks for the heads up! Good thing there were other seats in the second row, I might get those then.

Itonlytakesajourney
#40Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 9:41pm

Finally got tickets for the second row in the left mezz, pretty good seats imo. Thanks to all who helped! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#41Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/27/17 at 9:49pm

Hell yea, sat front row center mezz A for both Bette and Donna...Great seats!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 7/27/17 at 09:49 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#42Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/28/17 at 12:35am

Mezzanie Row C seats 101 and 102 for Wednesday night August 2 just popped up on Telecharge .  Non premium prices .

SFFrontRow
#43Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/28/17 at 12:37am

CT2NYC said: "greenifyme2 said: "What area of the orch would be better than the first row of the Mezz, if any?

Like Sally said, it depends on who you ask. I'm short, so, for me, there's nothing like the front row of the mezzanine, with not a single head in my way. The first time I saw the show I sat in the orchestra, and I know there are a lot of great seats down there, but I always worry that a tall person will be sitting in front of me. I'd rather go with the sure thing.

Not that you can get them, but side orchestra aisle is the best for seeing faces and expression. I was in H2 and saw Ms Midler. 

Truthfully, she was mostly on point, voice a little strained/hoarse. The schtick she did with food in the Gardens scene and in the courtroom scene were kinda "forced mugging". But, the garden scene had a nice ad lib that turned into a very funny running joke.

It would be easier to get tickets for Donna Murphy, and I think she would be a perfect fit for that role. I have seen Ms Murphy in 4 shows and every performance was outstanding. And, she's won 2 Tonys. She could have opened this show, and it would be selling well. I can visualize her performance, and would love to see it.

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 12:37 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#44Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:02pm

Here's a great visual of the Shubert

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George