pixeltracker

Ben Platt Meeting Experience- Page 3

Ben Platt Meeting Experience

schubox
#50Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:08pm

haterobics said: "Nycat63 said: "I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable."

Most Broadway actors are only "famous" when they get within a half block of their show, after that they are just in your way on the sidewalk like everyone else. I once walked with Groff from Hamilton all the way to the subway station, until he was going downtown, and I was going uptown, and as soon as we left 46th, no one said anything to him.

"

I once walked IN to a performance of Hamilton right next to Renee. She was wearing street clothes and a backpack and just walked right in to the theater with the crowd. My gf and I noticed her but didn't say anything. No one else noticed or said anything either. It was like 20 minutes before the show too. It was kind of odd 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#51Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:38pm

HE DIDN'T COME OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODY STAGE DOOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#52Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/29/17 at 10:31am

Lot666 said: "DearSaraH said: "First off, you all need to calm down. Second off, I'm not being disrespectful. I'm simply asking if he does do it. For example, Nick Jonas met fans before and after every HT$ show, INCLUDING ON THE WAY IN! I asked a question and it required a simple answer. Either yes, he does take pictures, or no, he prefers not too. You all are attacking me and it makes me wonder if any of you get out much."

You'll find that this board is filled with people who, while they often have valid points to make (and there are several valid points above), they prefer to do so in the bitchiest, most condescending manner possible. Pleasure is derived not from providing helpful responses, but by making the target feel bad while ostensibly making themselves out to be Oz The Great & Powerful.

"

Lot666 keep posting. Always appreciate your posts. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#53Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/29/17 at 10:39am

All I can add is please be respectful. If you hang out around the theater district enough, you will bump into many actors on the street as most are regular people that walk and take the subway every day to the theater.  

Most of the time you can tell if they don't want to be bothered. If that's the case, then please respect that. Other times, you can see them being open to people approaching them. Daveed Diggs was one of those actors that never seem to shy away from a crowd. He sometimes created it.  

Not to be confused with Dave19.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#54Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/29/17 at 11:19am

Ben Platt Meeting Experience

Kara Lee Sweeny
#55Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:00am

So there's this saying ......if you don't have anything nice to say..... chill the **** out people. I'm sure the OP did not intend to sound like a crazy stalker. I mean I get what everyone is saying, but it's completely unproductive to berate someone. 

On a more positive note- back in June I was heading towards an evening show after dinner and walked past Mike Faist and Will Roland. I didn't stop them but it was still pretty cool. Then 2 seconds later I see Christian Borle eating outside at 5 Napkin. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#56Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:17am

Kara Lee Sweeny said: "So there's this saying ......if you don't have anything nice to say..... chill the **** out people. I'm sure the OP did not intend to sound like a crazy stalker. I mean I get what everyone is saying, but it's completely unproductive to berate someone. 

It is productive if this stops the OP from letting Mr. Platt know he will be found. He really doesn't want to see the OP waiving through a window.

Sorry if our words fail, Mr. Platt just wants to disappear from all of this.  For forever. 

If you could tell the OP to stop, good for you.

Sincerely, me. 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 7/30/17 at 05:17 AM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#57Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/30/17 at 7:39am

I've never wanted a like button more, blaxx XD

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#59Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:04am

Dave13 said: "All I can add is please be respectful. If you hang out around the theater district enough, you will bump into many actors on the street as most are regular people that walk and take the subway every day to the theater.  

Most of the time you can tell if they don't want to be bothered. If that's the case, then please respect that.
"

Last March, I was walking down Broadway near Times Square and had stopped to wait for a crossing light when Tam Mutu came up alongside me. I saw him from the corner of my eye and was fairly certain it was him (he has a distinctive face), but didn't want to be intrusive so I just quietly said, "Pardon me, are you Tam Mutu?" He smiled and said yes and we walked together and talked for about three blocks until our respective destinations took us in other directions.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 7/31/17 at 09:04 AM

asimplegal2 Profile Photo
asimplegal2
#60Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:46am

leave my boy Ben alone pls

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#61Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/31/17 at 11:09am

Kara Lee Sweeny said: "So there's this saying ......if you don't have anything nice to say..... chill the **** out people."

Err, that saying seems to not follow its own advice?