Grocery in Theatre District

Mike66
#1Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/12/17 at 11:35pm

I remember shopping in a Grocery store on the north east side of the street about two years ago, but I cant find it on Google Maps.  I thought it was on 8th Ave or 9th Ave between 44th and 50th.

Not a huge place -- but with a nice selection of beverages and fresh fruit.  I remember a few cash registers as you enter and another on the far left wall.

Any help to find it??

THANKS

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#2Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/12/17 at 11:48pm

You probably mean Food Emporium located on 8th Avenue between 49&50th

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#3Grocery in Theatre District

Food Emporium? 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#4Grocery in Theatre District

No idea, but you might try searching for Grocery in the Theater District on Yelp. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/12/17 at 11:49pm

Yeah, has to be Food Emporium. But there's also The Westerly, which is my favorite in the area at 54th and 8th. 

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#6Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/13/17 at 12:49am

Could be Amish Market, 9th av, or Westerley, 8th av, or Stokes Greenmarket, 52nd, betw 9th/8th.   Food Emporium sucks, but it s on 10th/43rd.  There s also Red Apple on 40th/9th.   There s a new upmarket place now in the MiMa bldg, next to the Signature Theatre on 42nd nr Dyer av.

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

KathyNYC2
#7Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/13/17 at 1:06am

bunnie3 said: "Could be Amish Market, 9th av, or Westerley, 8th av, or Stokes Greenmarket, 52nd, betw 9th/8th.   Food Emporium sucks, but it s on 10th/43rd.  There s also Red Apple on 40th/9th.   There s a new upmarket place now in the MiMa bldg, next to the Signature Theatre on 42nd nr Dyer av.

"

I am unfamiliar with the Food Emporium on 10th and 43rd but there is indeed a Food Emporium on the north east corner of 49th Street and 8th Avenue. I pass it every day

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/13/17 at 2:56am

Mike66 said: "I remember shopping in a Grocery store on the north east side of the street about two years ago, but I cant find it on Google Maps.  I thought it was on 8th Ave or 9th Ave between 44th and 50th.

Not a huge place -- but with a nice selection of beverages and fresh fruit.  I remember a few cash registers as you enter and another on the far left wall.

Any help to find it??

THANKS
"

Did you enter through a revolving door and was there an escalator going down as you walked in?

Just give the world Love.

jo
#9Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/14/17 at 12:01am

Sounds like FOOD EMPORIUM.  It has a good mix of fresh produce and baked goods and prepared food...plus of course typical grocery stuff.  There is a place to have a fast meal with choices from their prepared food selections. 

Mike66
#10Grocery in Theatre District
Posted: 8/14/17 at 12:34am

THANKS"

Did you enter through a revolving door and was there an escalator going down as you walked in?

I don't remember an escalator -- I remember walking around to the right,and there being a row of cashiers and then one additional cashier on the left wall, about half way back.

THANKS to all for the help  --- my guess is that it was the mentioned Food Emporium. 

thanks again to all

"