Come From Away rush

Fanboy99
#75Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 1:21am

what day last week?

Fanboy99
#76Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 1:27am

Lisa-upstate said: "kittypurry said: "Was wondering if anyone has experience rushing on weekdays for CFA? I'm thinking of going tomorrow (a Tuesday) but am not sure what time would be best to get there."

we did it last week, and arrived at 9:30 and all was well. About 8th in line then.
"

What day last week did you rush?

Tuna2
#77Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:07am

I'm getting to the theater between 12:30 - 1:00 pm tomorrow (3/3/18).  What are my chances (if any) to score two Standing Room tickets for either the matinee or evening performances?  Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated!!  Thanks!!

springwillcome Profile Photo
springwillcome
#78Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 3:53pm

Tuna2 said: "I'm getting to the theater between 12:30 - 1:00 pm tomorrow (3/3/18). What are my chances (if any) to score two Standing Room tickets for either the matinee or evening performances? Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!"

Probably no chance if any, I got there around 7:30am last time I rushed and standing room sold out right away - granted, that was January, not march, but I can't imagine any being left past 10am on a Saturday. I'd try your luck with TKTS if anything, good luck!

Tuna2
#79Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 4:13pm

springwillcome said: "Tuna2 said: "I'm getting to the theater between 12:30 - 1:00 pm tomorrow (3/3/18). What are my chances (if any) to score two Standing Room tickets for either the matinee or evening performances? Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!"

Probably no chance if any, I got there around 7:30am last time I rushed and standing room sold out right away - granted, that was January, not march, but I can't imagine any being left past 10am on a Saturday. I'd try your luck with TKTS if anything, good luck!

I kinda figured as much.  I haven't heard an update in awhile about the Standing Room tickets so I figured I'd ask here to get the most recent information.  I've had lots of good luck with other shows and lotteries.  I'll give it a try and maybe the show gods will look kindly on me again this weekend!  Thank you for your insight!

InnerMonologue Profile Photo
InnerMonologue
#80Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 4:51pm

I went to the box office around 3:00-3:30pm on Tuesday (2/27) and got 2 standing room tickets that were dead center. $32/each, I believe

Tuna2
#81Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 5:21pm

InnerMonologue said: "I went to the box office around 3:00-3:30pm on Tuesday (2/27) and got 2 standing room tickets that were dead center. $32/each, I believe"

Ahhh, nice!!  This gives me a little hope!  It’s on Saturday, so it may be different than a weekday.  Won’t know unless I try!  Thank you for the info!!

Fosse76
#82Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 5:27pm

Standing room wasn't full this week (except for the Wednesday matinee performance). But that's not to say it won't sell out fast on a Saturday.

Tuna2
#83Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 5:33pm

Fosse76 said: "Standing room wasn't full this week (except for the Wednesday matinee performance). But that's not to say it won't sell out fast on a Saturday."

Agreed!!  Thanks for sharing!!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#84Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/2/18 at 7:32pm

Yeah, some of the weekday shows aren't sold-out when the box office opens, so they don't sell SRO. The shows eventually sell out and SRO is then offered later in the day.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

stucker2
#85Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/5/18 at 12:04pm

I just wanted to share my experience in case it's helpful to anyone. My friend and I stood in line Saturday morning (3/3) for rush tickets. We got in line about 9:40 (later than I wanted, but it all worked out!). It was cold and it looked like some people had been there for quite a while (I wish I'd asked them how long) and some were sitting on blankets on the sidewalk. I counted 40 people ahead of us in line. When we got to the front of the line, there were SRO tickets available for both the matinee and evening show. We bought 4 for the evening show, and we were on the end, far left. We overheard one couple in front of us buying $137 tickets rather than standing, but I don't know if they were for that day or not. The show was amazing, and not that hard for us 30-somethings to stand through even after walking all day long. We appreciated the padded bar-height wall to lean against.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#86Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/16/18 at 6:19pm

^Thanks for that update! My partner and I are planning to rush next Saturday morning, but she knows the drill when it comes to me rushing shows. Get there super early and wear tons and tons of layers. I’ve been wanting to see this since it came out!

Lisa-upstate
#87Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/19/18 at 8:52pm

Fanboy99 said: "what day last week?"

sorry for the response delay-we rushed on a Tues morning

RCPanned
#88Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/21/18 at 3:14pm

Just for everyone's information, I rushed yesterday (3/20) morning. I arrived a bit before 9:30, with only about 13 people ahead of me. I got two tickets, with the seats being in the Mezzanine, Row C, seats 21 and 23. Really great view if you can get those seats! And generally an amazing show.

promisespromises2
#89Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/24/18 at 5:28am

Here at 5:30AM and no one in line yet. Wanted to get tickets for my birthday, looks like that might happen. (:

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#90Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/24/18 at 9:33am

Curious how long the line is now since it's a Saturday? Wonder if the rush line has died down a little.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

chuckydisc
#91Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/25/18 at 8:09pm

promisespromises2 said: "Here at 5:30AM and no one in line yet. Wanted to get tickets for my birthday, looks like that might happen. (: "

When did your Saturday line get people joining you?

Did you happen to notice the arrival times of the line #1's for Carousel, Three Tall Women and Iceman Cometh?

promisespromises2
#92Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/27/18 at 7:34am

People started joining me in line at 6:30, and that seemed like the first person for Carousel as well! We still ended up being one of the longer lines, but eventually the line grew pretty large for Carousel as well. Only two people for Dear Evan Hansen across the street. A person came for Ice Man Commeth around 6AM, but others didn’t join him until later as well. I’m actually glad we got there an hour before everyone because it seemed like after 6:30 is when everything picked up pretty fast.

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#93Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/4/18 at 11:37pm

Well, tonight was a super interesting "rush" for CFA.  We were standing in line at the DEH cancellation line and at about 7:55, a guy from CFA came up and said they had rush tickets if anyone was interested! As you can imagine, it was a mad dash across the street.  

My friend and I got Orch G5 & 7 for $38! And the guys in G1 & 3 said they got rush as well. They just walked up to the BO to see if anything was available and were sold the tickets at rush prices. They said they were told these were house seats.  Anyone can confirm that?

Got to see Julie as Jen was out - I imagine this had something to do with the availability??

ilysespieces
#94Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/14/18 at 11:58am

Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent rush reports, especially Saturday/in this beautiful weather. I'm planning to go next Saturday and would love some anecdotes.

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#95Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/14/18 at 12:29pm

ilysespieces said: "Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent rush reports, especially Saturday/in this beautiful weather. I'm planning to go next Saturday and would love some anecdotes. "

From across the street at Carousel I noticed when I arrived at 6:45am today, Saturday, there were 5 people on line already. Don’t know how got tickets but the line really picked up at 8ish

ilysespieces
#96Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/14/18 at 5:18pm

Megsamegatron said: "ilysespieces said: "Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent rush reports, especially Saturday/in this beautiful weather. I'm planning to go next Saturday and would love some anecdotes. "

From across the street at Carousel I noticed when I arrived at 6:45am today, Saturday, there were 5 people on line already. Don’t know how got tickets but the line really picked up at 8ish
"

Thank you! I was considering getting there ~715, maybe I'll pick a slightly earlier train. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#97Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/15/18 at 9:14am

I'm guessing due to the weather, but I just arrived at the theater (9:10) and am first in line. Due to the box office not opening until noon on Sundays I knew there was no need to get there super early. Three more people just got on line as I'm typing this.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#98Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/15/18 at 10:39am

10:30am update. 15 people in line. Most getting 2 tickets.

ilysespieces
#99Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/15/18 at 11:10am

ACL2006 said: "10:30am update. 15 people in line. Most getting 2 tickets."

Thanks so much for the updates! I'm probably going to borrow a folding chair from my mom this week and get there ~7 on Saturday because I really want actual seats for the evening show, but from the last few posts I should at the very least be able to get something for either of the shows that day if I get there that early. 

Latest Posts