LOBBY HERO at the Hayes

Danielle49
#25LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 11/29/17 at 6:49pm

Bought 'em too - went with side orchestra, row E. I was between that and side mezz row A, but being closer is always nice. The orchestra seats do look right up against the wall, but the theater itself looks narrow, almost the same width as the proscenium, so I'm not too worried. 

shari evelyn
#26LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 11/30/17 at 9:34am

@Danielle49 - Oh, I'm sure the sightlines will be fine! My beef with those seats is the actual being against the wall part. Tad bit claustrophobic, I try to opt for an aisle seat whenever possible.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#27LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 12/13/17 at 1:23pm

Hello, fellow kids. 

The 30 Under 30 promo is in effect. The code is 30UNDER30 on TelechargeOffers and all seats are located in the Mezzanine. 

I got my ticket for March 31st! 

Danielle49
#28LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 12/13/17 at 1:42pm

WOW. Thank you for this. I assumed they weren't going to do it for this show and now I feel dumb for spending $113 on that ticket. I just bought another one with the discount. That being said, if anyone who can't do 30 Under 30 wants Orch. row E on 3/25, shoot me a message.

Updated On: 1/3/18 at 01:42 PM

donnegirl2
#29LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 12/14/17 at 10:12am

I didn't even consider that they would carry over 30 Under 30 to Broadway and found out that the seats I bought during the pre-sale are part of it. I contacted Telecharge asking if I could get a rebate for the difference to no avail. I understand their policy it just sucks, I could see a second show on my trip with the rebate! 

Is it strange to anyone that Chris Evans doesn't have any absences from the show listed to do Avengers Press? Didn't  Sunday in the Park for dark for a week so Jake Gyllenhaal to do press even though it was a short run and I remember How to Succeed doing the same so Daniel Radcliffe could go to the London Deathly Hallows premiere.

Updated On: 12/14/17 at 10:12 AM

Danielle49
#30LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 1/3/18 at 5:40pm

Does anyone have a clue as to when the Hayes box office will open? (aka when the renovations will be complete) I don't think I've heard anything and I have an extra ticket in addition to my own that I'd like to pick up so I can see if someone on this board wants it.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#31LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 1/3/18 at 7:38pm

donnegirl2 said: "I didn't even consider that they would carry over 30 Under 30 to Broadway and found out that the seats I bought during the pre-sale are part of it. I contacted Telecharge asking if I could get a rebate for the difference to no avail. I understand their policy it just sucks, I could see a second show on my trip with the rebate!

Is it strange to anyone that Chris Evans doesn't have any absences from the show listed to do Avengers Press? Didn't Sunday in the Park for dark for a week soJake Gyllenhaal to do press even though it was a short run and I remember How to Succeed doing the same so Daniel Radcliffe could go to the London Deathly Hallows premiere.
"

There are so many people in that new Avengers movie... they could get any of the new cast members to do all the press. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#32LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 1/4/18 at 1:07am

He can still do the late night shows in New York. Also the show closes about a week after the movie comes out, so depending on when the movie opens in foreign markets he could still be available for press.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Danielle49
#33LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/5/18 at 8:19pm

Second Stage held a lighting ceremony for the newly renovated theater today!

http://www.playbill.com/article/watch-the-lights-go-up-on-broadways-newly-restored-hayes-theatre

Still wondering when the box office is opening. I called a couple weeks ago and the box office rep for the Tony Kiser Theatre said they were told early February but it might change.

LightsOut90
#34LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:51pm

I saw something somewhere today that said the box office opens February 13th

VintageSnarker
#35LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:57pm

Can anyone who saw the original or is familiar with the play comment on how well you think it's aged? I read the NYT review for a 2011 production and that's all I know about the plot. I'm assuming from the photos that Cera is the younger security guard and Evans is the older cop. And the other security guard is the one whose brother is involved. And then there's the one female character.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#36LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/5/18 at 10:14pm

For the 30 under 30 do you need two IDs to pick up 2 tickets? Or would I be able to pick up for myself and my guest?

Thanks!

Danielle49
#37LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/9/18 at 3:15pm

LightsOut90 said: "I saw something somewhere today that said the box office opens February 13th"

You were absolutely correct. It opens Tuesday at noon! Apparently the first ten people in line to purchase tickets will get a peek at the renovated theater.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Hayes-Theater-Box-Office-Opens-212-for-LOBBY-HERO-First-Ten-Buyers-Get-Sneak-Peek-at-Renovated-Theatre-20180209

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#38LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/12/18 at 8:24pm

Does anyone else feel like this show isn't selling well? I keep looking at the seats and they're selling 30under30 in the orchestra and it seems like A LOT of the seats are still not sold. Is this normal? I thought Chris Evans would be a bigger pull?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#39LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/12/18 at 8:36pm

^^

I haven't looked at the ticket availability, so I can't personally speak to that. But if that's true, then yes, I agree that it's surprising. I would have thought Chris Evans would have a huge box office pull, and combined with Michael Cera, and the small size of the theatre, it seemed like a sure sell-out. 

My first guess as to why it's not selling out would be the advertising. None of the ads I've seen (and I haven't seen that many, btw) have made that big a deal of the cast. They have the names and the headshots, but they are not taking the expected "COME SEE AN AVENGER" approach, with his name in a huge font above the title. Also the poster/marquee art for the show is very generic. 

Updated On: 2/12/18 at 08:36 PM

Danielle49
#40LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:45pm

Yeah, I personally think the designs that Second Stage is using are hideous. Little advertising, boring headshots, and a lackluster photo of them in costume aren't helping either.

Also, the pricing might be scaring people away. Tickets starting at $99 is a bit steep. Even Meteor Shower had $60 tickets. It could also be that Chris Evans and Michael Cera have a generally young fan base that are buying up the 30 under 30, but not much else.

AllThatJazz2
#41LOBBY HERO at the Hayes
Posted: 2/13/18 at 6:39am

Danielle49 said: "Yeah, I personally think the designs that Second Stage is using are hideous. Little advertising, boring headshots, and a lackluster photo of them in costume aren't helping either.

Also, the pricing might be scaring people away. Tickets starting at $99 is a bit steep. Even Meteor Shower had $60 tickets. It could also be that Chris Evans and Michael Cera have a generally young fan base that are buying up the 30 under 30, but not much else.
"

I know the ticket prices had our group shy away from attending.